Yellow | abuse of company time

I'm not talking about pushing around. Nobody pushes me around.
It's the way they do things period. Or really the way they don't do things.
I am at the point I don't give a :::shit::: what they do. I do my best without hurting myself and go home.
Come back and do it the next day. When I cannot get in the gate I will go home and stay there. It won't hurt my feelings whatsoever.
I have been there close to 30 years. I don't get pushed around and they sure as :::shit::: don't intimidate me.
They do things to try and break us wouldn't you agree.Get rid of us and bring in some smuck

Still on the ship. No buckets allowed! l
There are no life vests per our MOU. The IBT took those away when they shoved this down or throat. Not many choices any more I didn't say this before but, all the buckets got holes in them just like our trailers

There are no life vests per our MOU. The IBT took those away when they shoved this down or throat. Not many choices any more I didn't say this before but, all the buckets got holes in them just like our trailers
They do things to try and break us wouldn't you agree.Get rid of us and bring in some smuck
They give a ::shit:: more (less) than us. Numbers. Just numbers.
Ha... Holes in the buckets. That's good!

W

Well, Thell push you around, If you let them I don't drink the koolaide and I don't think you do either. When someone one pushes don't you push back.
The last Yellow :9529:manager I worked for tried his Yellow bullshit manager ways with me and I told him if you don't like the job I'm doing give my route to somebody else and see if they do it any better. Otherwise stay the F out of my face and try to teach your supervisors how to do their jobs. From that day on he never once questioned me about anything and actually told me he respected me for standing up to him. So if you let them push you around and put the fear of God in you they will. If you stand up for yourself once in awhile and challege them you might be surprised.

The last Yellow :9529:manager I worked for tried his Yellow :horseshit: manager ways with me and I told him if you don't like the job I'm doing give my route to somebody else and see if they do it any better. Otherwise stay the F out of my face and try to teach your supervisors how to do their jobs. From that day on he never once questioned me about anything and actually told me he respected me for standing up to him. So if you let them push you around and put the fear of God in you they will. If you stand up for yourself once in awhile and challege them you might be surprised.
:smiliewhs::guiness::notworthy:

Just be careful out there everyone, cross yer t's and dot yer i's. Filling out a log book everyday isn't such a bad thing could be helpful in this situation. Seems in the past 24 yrs that I know of that if you do what they want it's in your favor anyways....
Just do your job and there won`t be an issue !!

No one can destroy/crush your morale unless you let it.
That's real easy to say when you're not working under the conditions...
Clock milking had been going on long before the pay cuts at both yellow and roadway....
It goes on everywhere, union, non-union no matter and probably in the same proportions in both settings.

That's a cop-out and the excuse of a coward. Nobody can abuse you, take advantage of you, ruin you morale unless you let them.

It goes on everywhere, union, non-union no matter and probably in the same proportions in both settings.

It can go on in every aspect of life if you let it - job, relationship, etc. If you are secure in who you are as a person no one can take advantage of you.

Let me sum this up, yesterday after I got finished for the day i was sitting in the breakroom and the next scenario tells it all. A customer calls looking for his freight that was tendered for delivery that day. The temp working there answered the phone and she said that she doesn't know how to locate the shipment.....Please hold.....Supervisor then takes the call and tell the customer please hold and let me check with my driver in that area.
Customer still on hold.......Supervisor tries to get in touch with driver but the driver can't use his handheld cause he is driving ( we all know what is next)... Supervisor then calls driver on his cell phone driver still doesn't answer cause he is driving......

Customer hangs up and calls again cause he was on hold for so long......Again the temp answers the phone and is of no help and is put on hold cause the supervisor has the driver on the other line and he doesn't have the freight......Supervisor tells customer he is trying to figure out where his freight is and tell customer let me check with my driver with the liftgate trailer. By now customer is pissed off by being on the phone for 30 min and no one has a clue where his freight is.

I'm enjoying this debacle in front of me of the ineptitude of how to run a freight company cause they think they know it all.....

Back to the scenario so the driver with the lift gate trailer has the freight but then is 1 piece short which the customer just lost it and cussed the supervisor out and how screwed up this YRC is ect,ect, ect...... Now the supervisor is pissed so he thinks he can vent his frustration on the drivers checking in......

Observing the scenario I told the supervisor he was out of line and the scenario could have been avoided for he had said one sentence (more on that in a minute).
Told him there are only three real reasons why a customer will call the service center/barn/terminal.
1) "Where is my freight, it was to be delivered today"
2) "My freight is damaged want to file a claim or refuse the shipment"
3) "When and what time are you picking my freight up, it is 5pm?"

When your people are not trained up right it effects morale, customers and your overall operation. Your work force is sour cause of mismanagement, customers will not be happy with the service and customer service skills they are entitled to and the operation is not efficient
and poorly run to make a profit.....

I thought to myself and said the one sentence the temp and supervisor should have said was "Sir, What is your pro number"?
Pull it up on the screen and bingo...... Thought we had top notch people running things here but when your supervisor still has a flip top phone it makes me go hhhmmmmm
After seeing that it was time to go, 10 hours is enough for this puzzle palace......

That's a cop-out and the excuse of a coward. Nobody can abuse you, take advantage of you, ruin you morale unless you let them.
A coward is one who runs when things don't go his way but then he hangs around and beats the drum for others to carry his load.

It can go on in every aspect of life if you let it - job, relationship, etc. If you are secure in who you are as a person no one can take advantage of you.
I don't see how this relates to the comment that there are slugs in all jobs union and non union, could you explain it to me?

Let me sum this up, yesterday after I got finished for the day i was sitting in the breakroom and the next scenario tells it all. A customer calls looking for his freight that was tendered for delivery that day. The temp working there answered the phone and she said that she doesn't know how to locate the shipment.....Please hold.....Supervisor then takes the call and tell the customer please hold and let me check with my driver in that area.
Customer still on hold.......Supervisor tries to get in touch with driver but the driver can't use his handheld cause he is driving ( we all know what is next)... Supervisor then calls driver on his cell phone driver still doesn't answer cause he is driving......

Customer hangs up and calls again cause he was on hold for so long......Again the temp answers the phone and is of no help and is put on hold cause the supervisor has the driver on the other line and he doesn't have the freight......Supervisor tells customer he is trying to figure out where his freight is and tell customer let me check with my driver with the liftgate trailer. By now customer is pissed off by being on the phone for 30 min and no one has a clue where his freight is.

I'm enjoying this debacle in front of me of the ineptitude of how to run a freight company cause they think they know it all.....

Back to the scenario so the driver with the lift gate trailer has the freight but then is 1 piece short which the customer just lost it and cussed the supervisor out and how screwed up this YRC is ect,ect, ect...... Now the supervisor is pissed so he thinks he can vent his frustration on the drivers checking in......

Observing the scenario I told the supervisor he was out of line and the scenario could have been avoided for he had said one sentence (more on that in a minute).
Told him there are only three real reasons why a customer will call the service center/barn/terminal.
1) "Where is my freight, it was to be delivered today"
2) "My freight is damaged want to file a claim or refuse the shipment"
3) "When and what time are you picking my freight up, it is 5pm?"

When your people are not trained up right it effects morale, customers and your overall operation. Your work force is sour cause of mismanagement, customers will not be happy with the service and customer service skills they are entitled to and the operation is not efficient
and poorly run to make a profit.....

I thought to myself and said the one sentence the temp and supervisor should have said was "Sir, What is your pro number"?
Pull it up on the screen and bingo...... Thought we had top notch people running things here but when your supervisor still has a flip top phone it makes me go hhhmmmmm
After seeing that it was time to go, 10 hours is enough for this puzzle palace......
One Friday a customer called the terminal wanting to do a dock pickup. The customer service rep called a dock supervisor on the radio and said he needed to get this stripped out of a storage trailer. The supervisor flat out said "no, they can come get it on Monday" you see he had been there a whole 7.5 hours and they "do not get paid to work more than 8 hours"

One Friday a customer called the terminal wanting to do a dock pickup. The customer service rep called a dock supervisor on the radio and said he needed to get this stripped out of a storage trailer. The supervisor flat out said "no, they can come get it on Monday" you see he had been there a whole 7.5 hours and they "do not get paid to work more than 8 hours"
That supervisor still employed?

Got one better than that atm, the last bid posted was to cut overtime so they posted 10 hr bids thinking they were smart..... Turns out they were calling in guyz to work on their off day at time and a half for the whole day for 10 hrs. So what did we learn here, if you want to stay current with service you got to have the manpower to move it. You got to pay them to come in to move the freight keep customers happy ,grow the business. Or do you cut hours, lose customer base cause you can't make service dates and destroy the business ( which is called sabotage).

Funny how they hang a chart showing the O/B per day at our barn all of a sudden. Someone wrote we used to move twice as much on any given day and you're happy with that........

I disagree that it goes on everywhere at the proportion it does here. FedEx , Conway, and OD I know keep track of what you are doing and where you are. Granted their computer systems are way ahead of ours, but they do hold their people accountable for everything from driving to dock work. A lot of the management at YRC do not know any different now as to 20 years ago as far as people wasting time. They know no difference, and have not a clue as to how to change it. They accept,as an example, 2-3 bills per hour on the dock. Guarantee those numbers will not be acceptable at the other companies I named.

A coward is one who runs when things don't go his way but then he hangs around and beats the drum for others to carry his load.

I don't see how this relates to the comment that there are slugs in all jobs union and non union, could you explain it to me?

That sentence goes with the first two in the post. I accidentally placed it after your second comment. My bad, sorry for the confusion.