Accident

Fish

TB Lurker
Credits
I saw a nasty acciden o the indiana tollroad that a NEMF truck was involved in just wondering how your driver is doin

the poo is gonna hit the fan in the windy city. i've heard some wild stories about how those guys a runnin. maybe now this place will start taking DOT rules serriously, since we obviously didn't learn anything when one of our drivers killed another one of our guys.

They do run fast, I top out at 65 and I always see the right side of these trucks. Sorry for the familys of the victims. Take it easy out there guys.

Thats not exactly what I meant it's just a part of what goes on out there, I get tailgated and once passed I get cut pretty close, They just need to be a bit more courteous and get the proper rest.

I saw this picture in the newspaper. What a tragic accident.

bilde.jpg

Well its clear that the NEMF driver ran over this pickup truck that killed a lot of Amish family members.
But how did the jeep get stuck under the tail of the other trailer?
Does anybody have that answer?

Winter may be over with all of the bad road conditions we all encounter with snow,and icy roads.
But in warmer weather the worse road conditions can be just after it starts raining.
All the oil on the road coming off passing vehicles,and a little water make for mighty slippery roads.

The Smith System that I have to teach my UPS Freight terminal drivers,says expect the unexpected.
Also a lot of other safety tips that are good for every driver to know.

Actualy any accident can be avoided if we are always paying attention to every detail of our jobs as truckers.

This is a very sad event,not only for the loss of life,and everyone that will miss the ones that died,
But also this driver that will be charged.
The news reports said he is 31,he ,and his family will suffer a long time with the few short seconds it took to cause this tragic event.

My opinion: NEMF should not be responsible for this accident. The speed limit for this construction zone is 45. Not only is this a well known speed trap but the road comes down to one lane and snakes on the east-bound side.
NEMF can't watch every drivers life-style to
make sure they get enough sleep for their run.

My opinion: NEMF should not be responsible for this accident. The speed limit for this construction zone is 45. Not only is this a well known speed trap but the road comes down to one lane and snakes on the east-bound side.

No but they can stop yelling at us for taking a 30 minute nap.

If you need a nap...TAKE IT. Blame "traffic" for the delay. If you still can't
adjust to the abnormal life-style...GET OUT before you kill somebody. These line haul jobs
are not for the single skirt chaser. They are better suited for someone who can devote their off-time to sleep.

I travel this stretch of road of everynight and in the consruction zone it it tight and you have all the Billy Big Riggers tailgating me because I drive the speed limit in the construction zone I even get s**t on channel 19 every once in a while about obeying the posted speed limit. On another note this accident happened before the speed limit drops for the construction zone also you do not here about J.B Hunt that went into the ditch hours earlier and he was getting pulled out at the time of the accident that was the reason for the traffic stopped and this in hindsight could of been avoided if the tow truck driver would of pulled J.B. Hunt out of the ditch in the closed portion of the road however you look at it it is a true tragedy for all involved I usually am going the other way so I have no beefs with any NEMF drivers so I am not trying to bash you guys I just feel aweful about the whole accident and everyone involved God Bless all that were involved

If you need a nap...TAKE IT. Blame "traffic" for the delay. If you still can't
adjust to the abnormal life-style...GET OUT before you kill somebody. These line haul jobs
are not for the single skirt chaser. They are better suited for someone who can devote their off-time to sleep.

It doesn't matter how much sleep you get during the day, you still get tired driving/working 12+ hours.

P.S. I am not a womanizer.

skirt chaser:
–noun Slang. a womanizer.

For NEMF.....

No but they can stop yelling at us for taking a 30 minute nap.

this is pasted from a previous post. i think it fits well here too.
the company can want whatever they want, but once you pull out of the gate, "you're the captain of your ship". you get there when you get there, and not a minute before. if anyone lets a supervisor tell them how to drive, they're a fool. anyone that's had a cdl long enough for the laminate on their liscense cool off knows that if you get caught doing something illegal, no matter who told you to do it, it's your livelyhood on the line, not the airhead supervisor or manager that knows nothing of DOT regs. if you're pressured to run illegal in some way, tell the person telling you to do that it's against dot rules. if they insist, tell them to put it in writing. they won't, but they'll back off. if this manager or supervisor is bold enough to put it in writing, still refuse to do whatever it is. take the paper, make a few copies and send it up the food chain to safety and such. finding a new job is easy, esp if you still have your cdl and it's clean.

now there is responsibilty on the driver to make sure he gets enough rest. as long as you log you 15 minute nap as off duty, you're not "stealing available work hrs" from the company, so what can they say. many of our guys take a short nap in cleveland, no one sez a word. my guess is things will be changing on this. linehaul can't get a clue on their own, but now it's being forced on them. if you don't have time to take a 15-30 minute nap on your run, maybe they should get more people on these docks and get the out bound done sooner instead of asking the drivers to make up for a late dispatch.

The very best thing you can do when some authority figure wants you to do something ilegal.
Is to hand them the keys,and tell them to do it.

Always remember if you do one thing thats not legal,or dishonest for any supervisor.
You will be their slave forever.

If you are willing to do it once,they will expect you to do it all the time.

Heres one last thought on this topic.
You can jump through hoops for your bosses when they want you to go against your better judgement,to break the law,and they will love you for helping them out.

But let something bad happen as a result of your actions.
You will be going from the bosses hero,to a company zero.
Your boss will be willing to write you off the books as soon as he can.

Believe me I know all this to be true.
I'm a UPS Freight safety trainer,and I'm working on my 44th years as a city driver.

I've seen workers fired over the dumbest things,because they didn't use their head.

Also remember you hold the CDL that you make your living with.
Desk sitting supervisors could careless if you keep it, or not, they will just get the next one on the list to do the work.