After I graduated from high school in 1969 I went off on a big adventure, which was four years in the USMC.
I came back home in 1973 and two weeks later found my first job, which led to a job in trucking. Back then there were good paying Jobs working in automotive which didn't require a college education, and there were
good paying Jobs in ltl trucking, that didn't require a college education. So what has happen now a days??
When I was 22 hard physical labor didn't bother me a bit. What has happen to all of the good paying jobs that don't require a college education??
Yes, I understand, but, just to make sure I am clear. What I was getting at, was, if the gap between what other LTL companies pay and what YRC pays gets too large, where do you think these young drivers are going to go? Surely/hopefully, our company understands this.

Isn't that age discrimination?
VlCMclv.jpg
Tomorrow’s truck drivers!!!!

Yes, I understand, but, just to make sure I am clear. What I was getting at, was, if the gap between what other LTL companies pay and what YRC pays gets too large, where do you think these young drivers are going to go? Surely/hopefully, our company understands this.

Are ‘young’ truck drivers what YRC is attempting to attract?

I’m guessing middle aged, married with children, experienced candidates might be the ultimate focus.

Seeking top shelf healthcare, complimented with job security?

Each has a set of parameters when they apply.

Are ‘young’ truck drivers what YRC is attempting to attract?

I’m guessing middle aged, married with children, experienced candidates might be the ultimate focus.

Seeking top shelf healthcare, complimented with job security?

Each has a set of parameters when they apply.
Not just YRC- every trucking company in the USA has trouble keeping/attracting good drivers right now. Companies are so desperate, they are training kids to get their CDLs. The lower the pay, the more problems they have. Indy hauler is right- YRC will end up a trucking company with no truck drivers. So will a lot of others. Where I work is fighting the same problem, and we start drivers out at our top scale, and Day One Health Insurance. YRC has too much better-paying competition.

After I graduated from high school in 1969 I went off on a big adventure, which was four years in the USMC.
I came back home in 1973 and two weeks later found my first job, which led to a job in trucking. Back then there were good paying Jobs working in automotive which didn't require a college education, and there were
good paying Jobs in ltl trucking, that didn't require a college education. So what has happen now a days??
When I was 22 hard physical labor didn't bother me a bit. What has happen to all of the good paying jobs that don't require a college education?? Is it that the jobs are gone or is it that the up and coming generations don't want to want to work them.
the lazy little bastards don't wanna work if it means they can't sit in front of a computer! Otherwise it's BOO-HOO! Welfare! I can't find a job BOO-HOO! And F&^%'em if they don't like it!
Wazzamatter? Da truth hurt?

If it happens I’m gone
I don't blame you.I think it's chicken :shit:t to sell out the next generation ..our own children and grandchildren.
I've been here 16 years and I would rather take less and spread it around than to screw the men under me.
I know you have V.A benefits and I think you would find this job much more attractive without them.The company pays a tad over $400.00/ week for our insurance .

If young people even read a fraction of what's posted in all these LTL forums would you blame them for walking away? I wouldn't. Not much positive stuff said anywhere in here. Only because it's not that great of a job anymore. Who the hell wants to work 12 hour days on city streets or nights or afternoons on a dick for 30 years?
It feels so good to be retired. I was so tired of watching sunsets on the dock.
I did that for decades.
I can sit in my backyard and watch them now.
:1036316054:

Tomorrow’s truck drivers!!!!
Those are Coop ELD programmers. They are adding Coop specific duty statuses. (stati???)
Boardwalk driving.
Boardwalk repair.
Tunnel impact recovery time.
Waiting on wrecker.
Lunch time at Capriottis....an EXTRA 15% :1036316054:
A BRG special duty status that pays an extra 15% whenever he has to listen to Wong talk about -15%

If young people even read a fraction of what's posted in all these LTL forums would you blame them for walking away? I wouldn't. Not much positive stuff said anywhere in here. Only because it's not that great of a job anymore. Who the hell wants to work 12 hour days on city streets or nights or afternoons on a dick for 30 years?
It feels so good to be retired. I was so tired of watching sunsets on the dock.
I did that for decades.
I can sit in my backyard and watch them now.
:1036316054:

So did you retire by spending all afternoon on a dick? Trying to get my affairs in order