TForce | All laid off road drivers will be sent a recall letter the week of 8-1-23

It will also ask them to find their own tractor, equipment shortages at the end of the line terminals now.
Contract should have addressed the lack of maintenance and poorly loaded heavy vans.

It will also ask them to find their own tractor, equipment shortages at the end of the line terminals now.
Contract should have addressed the lack of maintenance and poorly loaded heavy vans.
Though not optimal yet, we actually have more equipment then we have ever had. Certainly more newer rigs. The lack of good operational equipment affects the city operation more my terminal. Tforce has gotten more trucks in 2 years than ups did in 15 years.

Last edited:
Though not optimal yet, we actually have more equipment then we have ever had. Certainly more newer rigs. The lack of good operational equipment affects the city operation more my terminal. Tforce has gotten more trucks in 2 years than ups did in 15 years.
There is actually a net loss of total power equipment over the last 27 months. Many more have been retired than purchased.
Most shops have been closed or scaled down to the point of being totally ineffective, vendors with unknown skills and knowledge responsible for repairs with no oversight. Grossly over axled loads and over gross on a consistent basis.
This is your life and livelihood; it should be priority #1..

There is actually a net loss of total power equipment over the last 27 months. Many more have been retired than purchased.
Most shops have been closed or scaled down to the point of being totally ineffective, vendors with unknown skills and knowledge responsible for repairs with no oversight. Grossly over axled loads and over gross on a consistent basis.
This is your life and livelihood; it should be priority #1..
I can only speak for where I work. We have more new rebranded tractors that we have the old brown ones .
From what I'm told is it's not the fact that they haven't purchased the trucks it's that the manufacturers can't get them made in a timely fashion.
It's a whole new philosophy for TFI. UPS used to buy a truck and run it until it fell to pieces. TFI is going to use the best part of the truck and then sell them used, and replace. Thereby reducing a need for maintenance.

I can only speak for where I work. We have more new rebranded tractors that we have the old brown ones .
From what I'm told is it's not the fact that they haven't purchased the trucks it's that the manufacturers can't get them made in a timely fashion.
It's a whole new philosophy for TFI. UPS used to buy a truck and run it until it fell to pieces. TFI is going to use the best part of the truck and then sell them used, and replace. Thereby reducing a need for maintenance.
That is no excuse.
Safe well-maintained equipment is not an option.
I would be willing to bet 15-20% of the operational tractors on a daily basis have an engine light or an ABS light on.
This hi-tech equipment requires constant maintenance of a high skill level.
NO BONUSES should be allowed to anyone in vehicle maintenance EVER...

I've saw them kill truck for a radiator hose a bad steer tire and a burnt out head light. No they weren't all modern but they could've been used and the city would've had something to drive. Now we're beyond desperate for equipment and drivers and apparently we can't rent a tractor and drivers are still laid off not for lack of business but for lack of equipment.

Oh the same grievance that when you hand to the terminal manager and he says while laughing let me put this into into the drawer where nothing happens! I’ve been down this road!

I've gotten paid for an eld many times. Yes its a poor excuse for a contract but I and numerous others have won big money for the company violating it. Its your responsibility to know what it says.

If you're to ignorant to know your contract and file a grievance who's to blame you or your supervisor?
I know the contract forward and backwards, I’ve filed just as many grievances as you.

I was commenting on how these Sh i t-Hole companies still operate in the 21st century…!!

Oh the same grievance that when you hand to the terminal manager and he says while laughing let me put this into into the drawer where nothing happens! I’ve been down this road!
Thats why you e-mail a copy to the Term. Mngr,. and your B A. And keep up their a$$.
If you arrive for dispatch and you have a mechanical or electrical defect rendering it non-compliant and there is no other compliant vehicle, and you get sent home without the offer of work your guarantee is valid.