Amazon's new distribution warehouse employees want to unionize

Apostolic

TB Legend
Credits
I believe this distribution center has only been operating 2 months.
However this you tube report is a good reason for the employees to rebel.

I think there was a time when stuff on Amazon was cheaper, I don't see that as the case now, I never even bother to check pricing anymore, I check Ebay first and shop around if I have to, and I still shop local brick and mortar, secondly when people amass those kinds of assets and that much wealth that fast, they didn't do giving away money to either employees or customers.

well i dunno, i use Amazon a whole lot.

now too, if no one can have a cell phone or smart phone with them, as they work, we have no photo evidence of what they say.

it IS possible that someone might be peeing in a bottle, that the clean up crew is seeing in the trash, but then again, we have no concrete evidence, only the words of a few employee's, that may just hate working in that place, as anyone knows, not all employee's everywhere, are happy.....think truck drivers here......

it could be that a line supervisor said, "go on your break at the regular time", to some employee's, who maybe want a break every 5 minutes, to go and smoke.

haven't we all seen that before...??

i know i have, more than one employer in fact.

many jobs do have a quota to meet for time reasons for pick up of the delivery trucks.

i know when i was at DHL, cut out time HAD TO BE at 1 AM, in order for the trucks to get to thier satellite centers before 6 AM i think..

i had to be in Allentown, PA by 7 AM for a switch out trailer to come from Pittsburgh.

i would make it to Allentown in about 5.5 hours, (or less, depending on traffic) then i had to return to RI in quick time, to be unloaded ASAP

this is when we had the 10 hour drive times.....i just barely make it back and forth, that's how tight times were, no excuses from DHL.....

so what do we really have to go on with this story..??

word of mouth, and no pics or videos.

they need more proof of thier claims.....sorry to say, but many of us DO KNOW time constraints, and maybe some of those workers just like a SLOWER pace, over a fast one..????

in the end, i will be taking thier story with a grain of salt, just like the stories we have all heard from truck drivers, who rant and rave about thier jobs as well...

Last edited:
Could it be that you hurt your back off the job?, I mean no witnesses or video only your word right? Good to see you can still find joy in others misery while trying to immortalize your injury.

Union talk = faster automation at Amazon

Once Amazon finally wakes up to the concept of not losing billions of $s... their prices probably will not be any much better than Target, WM, etc.
Temporary convenience craze?
I still dont get why an internet "store" is one of the most valuable cos on the stock market... bubble?

Could it be that you hurt your back off the job?, I mean no witnesses or video only your word right? Good to see you can still find joy in others misery while trying to immortalize your injury.
no, you are 1000% wrong.

documents, x-rays, MRI's, CT scans, and the all important phone call and paper trail i started on that fateful night.

and THIS thread is about alleged working conditions, from maybe ONE warehouse, not someone being injured...

you really need to get your sh!t straight....

no, you are 1000% wrong.

documents, x-rays, MRI's, CT scans, and the all important phone call and paper trail i started on that fateful night.

and THIS thread is about alleged working conditions, from maybe ONE warehouse, not someone being injured...

you really need to get your sh!t straight....
No video or witnesses right?

All depends what the employees signed when they got the job ? If a " at will " employment contract is in thier file it probably states that they can be terminated if found trying to unionize
Since this employer now pays $15 an HR to start it won't be hard to find new employees

I'm seeing a lot of internet reports about this issue,here is one of them.
https://nypost.com/2018/12/12/amazon-workers-threaten-to-unionize-over-hellish-working-conditions/

If you live in the area the NY Post does not get high grades for reporting, maybe one step above tabloid. That warehouse they built in Staten Island was probably the 1st New whs there in 30 years. The few trucking companies in the area run ads in NJ and offer to pay the bridge toll to get people. At Amazon in Jan they layoff 30-40% after x-mas either way. There would never be enough local people to work there. They have 4 buildings in Cartetet NJ, 1 in Elizabeth and 1 in Edison NJ. All these are just across the river from this one.

Personally I would never shop at Amazon- it will be the death of America!! Shop Local!!!