TForce | America may soon face its biggest labor strike in decades

Well you should’ve had your ass at the local 509 general membership meeting yesterday @10. One of the topics discussed was ups freight subcontractors. I spoke up for u guys and said keep contractors but make language more defined instead of vague. Only one UPSF driver there but yet bitching on here continues.

Only one UPSF driver there but yet bitching on here continues. As Jeff Fox Worthy says, 'Here's your sign'. 1 rank & file showed up for a meeting over a new contract proposal? ABF the same way. Very few make the monthly freight meeting (about 5%), so why would more bother to show up for a contract proposal. And the ABF contract vote? Please no one but no one accepts the first offer from a flea market deal to a corporate merger. So why did the Union rank & file @ ABF do so. Spinless? Scared? To stupid to know better? Indefferent? Don't give a ::shit::? Lazy? Forgot to go on line to vote? BUt in the end any of the possible answers I listed have no meaning. Their vote was the only meaning. And they voted for less. So be it. von.

Only one UPSF driver there but yet bitching on here continues. As Jeff Fox Worthy says, 'Here's your sign'. 1 rank & file showed up for a meeting over a new contract proposal? ABF the same way. Very few make the monthly freight meeting (about 5%), so why would more bother to show up for a contract proposal. And the ABF contract vote? Please no one but no one accepts the first offer from a flea market deal to a corporate merger. So why did the Union rank & file @ ABF do so. Spinless? Scared? To stupid to know better? Indefferent? Don't give a :::shit:::? Lazy? Forgot to go on line to vote? BUt in the end any of the possible answers I listed have no meaning. Their vote was the only meaning. And they voted for less. So be it. von.
Our Teamster negotiators should never have brought that underwhelming ABF offer up for a vote, but they do because they have figured out long ago that the majority will vote yes just to keep working and the dues keep rolling in. This segment of members have lost faith in Teamsters leadership to deliver and vote to continue work without disruption. The YRC giveback contract was a killer to union trucking because it says we will vote for huge concessions. The play was to call the bluff and let YRC die if need be. All those drivers would have found work elsewhere losing only a fraction of income instead of thousands. We at UPS/UPSF are about to take our turn and I am hopeful we send them back if TEAMSTERS bring garbage up for a vote. Never concessions. JMHO

Our Teamster negotiators should never have brought that underwhelming ABF offer up for a vote, but they do because they have figured out long ago that the majority will vote yes just to keep working and the dues keep rolling in.
As long as King Rat Hoffa is handpicking your negotiators, this is the result that you can expect.