An clever invention that stops vehicles in a police chase

That is a great idea but I have a few questions...What's it cost? Which and how many cars do we equip with it? How long 'til it gets wrecked in an accident in Philadelphia?

actually, the test vehicles were rear wheel drive....this will not stop a front wheel drive, they will just run, blowing out the snagged tires.

in order for a front wheel drive car to be stopped, the cop cannot release the device and back off.

i think a much better solution would be to have a huge helicopter with a very powerful magnet just pick up the thugs and fly them to the station...

Good point pro,on the front wheel drive.
However you want to add the tax burden of a helicopter large enough to pick up a motor vehicle.
That my friend I think would really be pricey.

actually, the test vehicles were rear wheel drive....this will not stop a front wheel drive, they will just run, blowing out the snagged tires.

in order for a front wheel drive car to be stopped, the cop cannot release the device and back off.

i think a much better solution would be to have a huge helicopter with a very powerful magnet just pick up the thugs and fly them to the station...
That would be cool.... James Bond style. ... then dump the car over water...lol