Estes | An Idea for Mandatory extra work day. (simple solution)

righturnclyde

Banned
Credits
Since it's the line haul guys who always get ****ed. Why not make it fair have the crybaby city drivers come in for a mandatory 12 hour dock shift. See how they like grabbing their ankles. All terminals are always short dock help anyway. That will solve alot of problems.
Also with the Mandatory work day, why dont we just do 6 day meets? All terminals will get their freight, no more bitching. Meet runs go in every direction anyway.

P.S. we all know certain rules don't apply to some employees here.

Since it's the line haul guys who always get ****ed. Why not make it fair have the crybaby city drivers come in for a mandatory 12 hour dock shift. See how they like grabbing their ankles. All terminals are always short dock help anyway. That will solve alot of problems.
Also with the Mandatory work day, why dont we just do 6 day meets? All terminals will get their freight, no more bitching. Meet runs go in every direction anyway.

P.S. we all know certain rules don't apply to some employees here.
These rules don't apply to me. I'm exempt. they figured I already run 3000 miles a week, I wouldn't have the hours to run the extra day. so instead of spending by 34 hours at some marriott on a friday and saturday damaging my liver, they thought they'd leave well enough alone.

If you're gonna run with the big boys, do what they do.....24/7 operation....If you're gonna do it,do it right......

As long as I leave Monday and I'm salivating at my favorite waitress Friday evening. I don't care how to do it

066 terminal manage was told by Marvin Blythe to throw that memo away.

WTH....It's no good, or no good to 066......See... That's what gets under people's skin here...They make a memo...Get everyone pumped up about...And telll the TM's to trash it...Someone doesn't think before they put the pencil in motion....Damn, it's so frustratin'..........I ain't callin' in, the heck with'em....

These rules don't apply to me. I'm exempt. they figured I already run 3000 miles a week, I wouldn't have the hours to run the extra day. so instead of spending by 34 hours at some marriott on a friday and saturday damaging my liver, they thought they'd leave well enough alone.

Sorry, not what I meant. Some drivers have there own special rules of being late everyday,late for meets, no call no shows and attendance. Never get in trouble.

Sorry for the misunderstanding. I was told that they were told to trash the memo @066. Then I heard they put it on hold so we'll see what happens.

Sorry for the misunderstanding. I was told that they were told to trash the memo @066. Then I heard they put it on hold so we'll see what happens.

From what I've been told by my sources, the only way you will get out of running on Saturday or Sunday, is if your run exceeds 600 miles per round or you are a laydown driver...They are really going to put us at a disadvantage if extra board has to do it...Because they won't be around or able to run out on their departure day....Persoanally. I don;t think extra board should have to do it,because they are considered "laydown drivers"....But that's my take on it, which doesn't amount to a hill of beans....

From what I've been told by my sources, the only way you will get out of running on Saturday or Sunday, is if your run exceeds 600 miles per round or you are a laydown driver...They are really going to put us at a disadvantage if extra board has to do it...Because they won't be around or able to run out on their departure day....Persoanally. I don;t think extra board should have to do it,because they are considered "laydown drivers"....But that's my take on it, which doesn't amount to a hill of beans....

That's the reason for the change. I'm seeing around at several terminals for drivers to check the revised schedual, because they found out that drivers with the long runs would not be able to complete six shifts. T/m's were told to adjust the original memo, for this purpose

That's the reason for the change. I'm seeing around at several terminals for drivers to check the revised schedual, because they found out that drivers with the long runs would not be able to complete six shifts. T/m's were told to adjust the original memo, for this purpose
Yep, big time truckers like me are exempt and those with the 3 and 2 schedules weren't on the list. Only those with the wimpy schedules were the ones I seen. Truth be told, I normally I get hung out to dry once a month with a big 6 day 3500+ mile week anyhow. The democrats really appreciate all I do.

I think i have the answer, stop having drivers sit around for hours all the time and stop running us empty. I went from 179 to 083 last saturday thats 375 miles empty.

I think i have the answer, stop having drivers sit around for hours all the time and stop running us empty. I went from 179 to 083 last saturday thats 375 miles empty.

Unfortunately, both these could get worse, when they get the full effect of all the xtra drivers flooding the system,on the weekend. Chicago for instence, doesn't break freight till sun. afternoon. There will be alot of mty miles out of there on sat., to get the herd started for the day

Ha. I once went from Albany NY to Nashville empty, hitting every terminal on the way, pulling the same van. After 3 terminals, I got smart and quit dropping it. That's 1,000 empty miles.

this sounds like an idea from someone with no commen sence or just wants to mess with my personal time. i give them 5 runs without complaining. that should be enough. us extra guys dont get home during the week, and that home time ,i put to good use. thats my time. if you want me for more, pay me a little more. then you wont hear a word.

Unfortunately, both these could get worse, when they get the full effect of all the xtra drivers flooding the system,on the weekend. Chicago for instence, doesn't break freight till sun. afternoon. There will be alot of mty miles out of there on sat., to get the herd started for the day

Chicago's a F=uped joke.

What's going to happen,and it will, is when some of the scheuled drivers can't run on Friday and TM's have to scramble to find drivers...I know, they say figure it up at the beginning of the week,but I'll assure you,it will happen...I don't look for this to get back of the ground...The right drivers will start complaining about running and the TM's will start getting the phone calls to cancel it...

What's going to happen,and it will, is when some of the scheuled drivers can't run on Friday and TM's have to scramble to find drivers...I know, they say figure it up at the beginning of the week,but I'll assure you,it will happen...I don't look for this to get back of the ground...The right drivers will start complaining about running and the TM's will start getting the phone calls to cancel it...
Yep, then they will hire 50 more drivers and we will be looking at each other during the slow season asking, "wtf?"