Estes | An Idea for Mandatory extra work day. (simple solution)

Yep, then they will hire 50 more drivers and we will be looking at each other during the slow season asking, "wtf?"

The new guys in Va. are just making things difficult...They can find a program to support the city drivers and their deliveries(which I think is a crock of crap),but they can't get the linehaul drivers in the right place to move the frieght...WTH did they go to college for, screw the professor? This new guy over linehaul, Marvin B. is a joke,if ya ask me...Jim M. done a lot better job...And you'll be taking unpaid vacation time in the winter...Because they can run the new guys cheaper than you.....

Just another thing that tells me I wish I would have left this company awhile ago, what a joke, I'm sitting around 14 to 20 hours now, we are hiring new drivers, and now this crap. What a Joke!!

Sunday was my mandatory. I was OK with working on Sunday. Not a problem. I went from 055 to 179, laid down and then came back to 055. Not too shabby. BUT......now, 24 hours later, I am still at home. WTF!! Why did I work the weekend just to sit a day at the house during the week?? I can run empty from every other terminal in the system to a terminal with freight, EXCEPT from my home terminal. This is just stupid.
:cuss::cuss::cuss:

feast of famine, where's the happy median ? When you turn a big herd loose at the bigger terminals,(10 to 15 a day ) you suck the pipeline dry pretty quick. Instead of the " gotta have it now attitude " they should have phased this xtra program in a little slower, and adjusted acccordingly to the freight levels

It wasn't long ago many terminals were stock piled with hot loads. They were scrambling to find drivers and calling people to come to work on Sunday. Nearly everyone said, "nah! I'm busy." I think that's the reason for the new rules. The freight world is hit and miss. Sometimes there's more drivers and sometimes there's not enough. I would think if there was more cooperation from drivers on the busy weekends there would be no need for the schedule change

It wasn't long ago many terminals were stock piled with hot loads. They were scrambling to find drivers and calling people to come to work on Sunday. Nearly everyone said, "nah! I'm busy." I think that's the reason for the new rules. The freight world is hit and miss. Sometimes there's more drivers and sometimes there's not enough. I would think if there was more cooperation from drivers on the busy weekends there would be no need for the schedule change

Just give it a little time, until one of the 25 year guy's has to run on Sunday,and J.T. gets that phone call, it will all be history.....Happens every time....