Yellow | Angry with the teamsters

RT
You are partially correct they did not desire to go out of business.
Yellow, just like hundreds of other teamster LTL carriers was existing with a business model that makes them incapable to generating profits. The business model is too antiquated for today's modern customer demands.
With only two teamster LTL carriers remaining, the union should be doing all they can to keep those jobs.
As they should have pulled out every option to keep Yellow alive.
I think that you are also partially correct. It wasn't necessarily their business models that were the problem. I think that it was more failure on so many levels and timepoints by the "glass house". The old mantra "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" was lost on the Yellow brass. Holland especially had a good operating strategy that worked well for their core geographic spread. The "glass house" should have left that alone, or even adapted the YRC regional haul into that model. They didn't. Yellow's "glass house" made so many bumbling decisions for so long, this was likely inevitable. And as somebody else pointed out, they "knew all", just ask them. Refused for the most part to listen to the people who were actually on the docks, in the trucks, and in the terminal offices. THEY knew what to do!

Up our game? Our game was about as "up" as it could be in the bad old days.
Great article :1036316054:...Jr. always blamed 560 for his father's disappearance,treating 560 like a bastard local through the years...whether through territories,finances,any way he could...During my years at APA,at some point 617 merged with 560,paying union dues to 560...throw in my 20 years(560)at ABF(best job ever),I'm receiving a nice pension from both locals...

As far as Tony Pro goes,that was a big part of the culture back in the day...Myself,and a lot of my friends who grew up in Newark,are enjoying our grandchildren as well as our retirement these days...Some of those friends did their time and paid their debt to society,and will forever be on law enforcements watch list with OC after their name(organized crime)...I remember as kids growing up,a good friend of mine's father(bookie and loan shark),yup,that was his job,paying us to go to different locations making pick ups...I was like,wait,what????...''Ahhhh,don't worry about it''...''Your gonna be the Irish Muscle''!!!!:hysterical:....A different 'world'...A long time ago!!!!

Great article :1036316054:...Jr. always blamed 560 for his father's disappearance,treating 560 like a bastard local through the years...whether through territories,finances,any way he could...During my years at APA,at some point 617 merged with 560,paying union dues to 560...throw in my 20 years(560)at ABF(best job ever),I'm receiving a nice pension from both locals...

As far as Tony Pro goes,that was a big part of the culture back in the day...Myself,and a lot of my friends who grew up in Newark,are enjoying our grandchildren as well as our retirement these days...Some of those friends did their time and paid their debt to society,and will forever be on law enforcements watch list with OC after their name(organized crime)...I remember as kids growing up,a good friend of mine's father(bookie and loan shark),yup,that was his job,paying us to go to different locations making pick ups...I was like,wait,what????...''Ahhhh,don't worry about it''...''Your gonna be the Irish Muscle''!!!!:hysterical:....A different 'world'...A long time ago!!!!
Glad you're retired ALIVE after all that stuff. Enjoy the grandkids and the holidays!

RT
You are partially correct they did not desire to go out of business.
Yellow, just like hundreds of other teamster LTL carriers was existing with a business model that makes them incapable to generating profits. The business model is too antiquated for today's modern customer demands.
With only two teamster LTL carriers remaining, the union should be doing all they can to keep those jobs.
As they should have pulled out every option to keep Yellow alive.
Along with sacrificing Yellow for a stronger UPS contract, the Teamsters' leadership let down over 30,000 American workers (plus families). This largest trucking company failure in U.S. history was 100% avoidable. The IBT is already paying the price for those childish tactics, and it will continue well into the future...to include very publicly LOSING a major $1.5B+ enterprise value loss lawsuit by Yellow Corporation. The company's legal firm is one of the very toughest on Wall Street.

Along with sacrificing Yellow for a stronger UPS contract, the Teamsters' leadership let down over 30,000 American workers (plus families). This largest trucking company failure in U.S. history was 100% avoidable. The IBT is already paying the price for those childish tactics, and it will continue well into the future...to include very publicly LOSING a major $1.5B+ enterprise value loss lawsuit by Yellow Corporation. The company's legal firm is one of the very toughest on Wall Street.
If IBT loses that lawsuit, which is a very real possibility, that will bankrupt the IBT Incidentally, a similar circumstance involving the Port of Portland (Oregon) operating company versus the ILWU (Longshoremen's union) bankrupted the ILWU. They are in Chapter 11 now.

I think that you are also partially correct. It wasn't necessarily their business models that were the problem. I think that it was more failure on so many levels and timepoints by the "glass house". The old mantra "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" was lost on the Yellow brass. Holland especially had a good operating strategy that worked well for their core geographic spread. The "glass house" should have left that alone, or even adapted the YRC regional haul into that model. They didn't. Yellow's "glass house" made so many bumbling decisions for so long, this was likely inevitable. And as somebody else pointed out, they "knew all", just ask them. Refused for the most part to listen to the people who were actually on the docks, in the trucks, and in the terminal offices. THEY knew what to do!

BS all that needed to happen was pay their H&W .

https://www.npwu.com/ Sad this Union doing more to help former Yellow Dockmen get new jobs than their own Teamster locals.

I believe the IBT will delay this lawsuit until the whole yellow thing is as forgotten as CF and then try to quietly settle out of court.

I believe the IBT will delay this lawsuit until the whole yellow thing is as forgotten as CF and then try to quietly settle out of court.
I doubt that the IBT will be able to unilaterally delay this lawsuit. Remember, Yellow is not going to cooperate with that unless it benefits Yellow. I don't envision that happeneing.

Normally, this would likely be the case. In the current Ch 11 bankruptcy/liquidation scenario...there will be minimal delay and hiding by the IBT. Real Teamster's reply is spot on.
If this was a betting website I'd put 5 bucks on the meme being fully exonerated. Merry Christmas RB
Go back to bed, that's a dream-like (hope) situation that couldn't be more wrong. Teamsters' leadership is going to pay a very steep price for their actions (or lack thereof) during 2023 with Yellow Corp. A very public, large lawsuit $$ loss may push them towards bankruptcy...karma.