Yellow | Angry with the teamsters

Yes, taxes are high, got to pay for the over paid government workers you know. On the other hand we have everything here - great seashore, mountains in western Jersey, Poconos and Catskills all close by, more variety of good restaurants, the best pizza in the world and of course Taylor Ham. :smile new:
And lots of house painters.:bananag:

AlL:
l no need to waste your time. I'll do it for you..
Apology accepted...

I will cut & paste it for you
7. New England Motor Freight Sweetheart Arrangements
The government charges that throughout the period between late 1975 and mid-1986 Myron Shevell, on behalf of NEMF, cultivated a corrupt relationship with certain officials of Local 560 including Anthony Provenzano, Stephen Andretta, Henry Slyboom, Daniel Rubino and Peter Granello as a result of which NEMF obtained sweetheart benefits from Local 560 throughout the years in question and was eventually able to deunionize its operations altogether. The government claims that Ianniello and Stephen Andretta conspired with Shevell to interfere with the affairs of Local 560 by causing Sciarra to sabotage grievance actions against NEMF which ran counter to the interests of NEMF and jeopardized its *1169 sweetheart status. One result of this intervention, according to the government, was Sciarra's January 31, 1985 offer to NEMF of a collective bargaining agreement which in effect would have removed the entire NEMF workforce other than three warehousemen from Local 560 jurisdiction. NEMF did not accept this offer. On February 20, 1985 Local 560 business agent Daniel Rubino testified before the Joint Local Committee with respect to the NEMF grievance. In doing so, the government alleges, he contradicted his prior sworn statements concerning the nature and extent of past practices of NEMF. The testimony undermined the union's position, and three months later the Teamsters grievance committee deadlocked, ending the union's attempt to end NEMF's anti-Local 560 practices. The government charges that Sciarra never acted in the face of Rubino's past sweetheart deals with NEMF or in the face of his change of position before the grievance committee.

You are welcome...
You guys are going to have to up your game. This is how things get settled in the Windy City.

So you're complaining now about Hoffa helping keep Yellow going for the last 14 years while you had a job there that you lacked the balls to leave. OK, I get it now, your testicular problem is Hoffa's fault! :duh: :duh: :duh:
I though you said they didn’t get a bailout.🤒🤔🤔🤔

interesting, you call stating facts, complaining!!!!

You guys are going to have to up your game. This is how things get settled in the Windy City.
Up our game? Our game was about as "up" as it could be in the bad old days.

Wow, I had no idea that SOB was the only negotiator in that huge building on Louisiana Avenue. I thought there were 22 VPs, each with a large staff. Nobody ever asked him to save Yellow. His job is to protect the 22,000 dues paying members.
he protected us .... yellow wanted this
I was working there and seen the day by day F)ckups ... you had to be working there to see it not jus on line looking
yellow wanted this

I'm with you Grim, working there every day you could tell they were trying to go out of business, I've seen companies do some idiotic things but it was obvious there
Round and Grim (and anybody else who's interested), I humbly disagree. They weren't TRYING to go out of business. They simply didn't have the know-how to effectively stay in business. That requires business savvy, something that seemed to be remarkably absent from Yellow's corporate office.

RT
You are partially correct they did not desire to go out of business.
Yellow, just like hundreds of other teamster LTL carriers was existing with a business model that makes them incapable to generating profits. The business model is too antiquated for today's modern customer demands.
With only two teamster LTL carriers remaining, the union should be doing all they can to keep those jobs.
As they should have pulled out every option to keep Yellow alive.