R&L | Another Lawsuit???

Suit says R&L Carriers vs YRC. This lawsuit you are referring to is an employee in CA suing over overtime and breaks. The YRC suit just might be over terminal leases or the fact that YRC Logisitics did not pay their freight bills for freight we moved for them.

Great link eightbawl. Thank you for that. As I understand none of the shop people get OT either. Is that right? Or am I wrong? It's my understanding that R+L requiers them to hold a CDL and classifies them as drivers.

we dont get ot, we get straight time. and last time i looked at my license, its a regualar license. R&L said as long as i have a license and able to drive any equipment on the company property only, dont need a cdl. whats the purpose of me gettin my cdl, like R&L is going to pay me extra:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

i believe the cdl requirement is mainly for terminals with their own wrecker, namely wil,dls,atl,lkd,nor,k.c.,/thats all the wreckers i know of, not sure about out west. also, wil has a lowboy trailer and tractor they use to haul wrecked tractors back to wil.i suppose they could say you might have to take a spare out to switch with a broken down driver, but they usually tow a spare to the breakdown.the purpose of making you get a cdl is so they can classify you as a driver.under certain conditions they are not required to pay o.t to drivers.

Great link eightbawl. Thank you for that. As I understand none of the shop people get OT either. Is that right? Or am I wrong? It's my understanding that R+L requiers them to hold a CDL and classifies them as drivers.

we dont get ot, we get straight time. and last time i looked at my license, its a regualar license. R&L said as long as i have a license and able to drive any equipment on the company property only, dont need a cdl. whats the purpose of me gettin my cdl, like R&L is going to pay me extra:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Okay so why dont the shop have to be paid overtime? None of you guys have ever asked the labor board?

Okay so why dont the shop have to be paid overtime? None of you guys have ever asked the labor board?

it is a federal law....

From here

Thus, the 13(b)(1) overtime exemption applies to employees who are:

1. Employed by a motor carrier or motor private carrier, as defined in 49 U.S.C. Section 13102 (see Employer below);
2. Drivers, driver’s helpers, loaders, or mechanics whose duties affect the safety of operation of motor vehicles in transportation on public highways in interstate or foreign commerce

The following are examples of employees exempt from the overtime pay requirements only:

Certain commissioned employees of retail or service establishments
Auto, truck, trailer, farm implement, boat, or aircraft salespersons employed by non‑manufacturing establishments primarily engaged in selling these items to ultimate purchasers
Auto, truck, or farm implement parts‑clerks and mechanics employed by non-manufacturing establishments primarily engaged in selling these items to ultimate purchasers
Railroad and air carrier employees, taxi drivers, certain employees of motor carriers, seamen on American vessels, and local delivery employees paid on approved trip rate plans
Announcers, news editors, and chief engineers of certain non‑metropolitan broadcasting stations
Domestic service workers who reside in their employers' residences
Employees of motion picture theaters
Farmworkers