Reddaway | Another Round of Layoffs!

blueyedmule

TB Lurker
Credits
We just had three guys sliced off the bottom. That makes me the new bottom. Again.

I understand this is part of a 300-man layoff. Looks like a grim winter. . ..

These layoffs are the product of the big meeting that was yesterday and today at Pdx--TM's and their bosses in attendance. I wonder what else will come out of these meetings.

Then again, maybe ignorance is bliss.

We just had three guys sliced off the bottom. That makes me the new bottom. Again.

I understand this is part of a 300-man layoff. Looks like a grim winter. . ..

These layoffs are the product of the big meeting that was yesterday and today at Pdx--TM's and their bosses in attendance. I wonder what else will come out of these meetings.

Then again, maybe ignorance is bliss.
Yep... They laid off the 2 bottom line guys out of my yard too. That makes me 3rd from the bottom and worried. 3 can come and go very fast.:hide:

Oh man. This just sucks. I wonder when they will put the damn axe away for good. I hope you pull out of it ok.

Oh man. This just sucks. I wonder when they will put the damn axe away for good. I hope you pull out of it ok.

Thanks! I appreciate your good wishes. I just hope to at least make it to the first of next year before getting laid off. My wife and I are trying to arrange things so we can make it without getting into savings. Hopefully we'll turn an economic corner after November nationally and come out swinging in the spring. Then if I can sell the house we hope to move back east somewhere. I'll part with Reddaway, obviously, and maybe YRC too. We'll see. One thing at a time, and the first is just getting through the winter in good shape.

Good luck... I've blown through my savings from the last time I was laid off. I just flat out can not afford another one. I'll have to move on because $900 every two weeks ain't enough to live on here in Southern Cali. I don't care what they say.

Good luck... I've blown through my savings from the last time I was laid off. I just flat out can not afford another one. I'll have to move on because $900 every two weeks ain't enough to live on here in Southern Cali. I don't care what they say.

There is no way anyone can live on that in Southern Ca. Actually you would have a tough time living on that in Northern CA. I really hope you keep the work. I have my fingers crossed and I'm praying this ends soon.

Thanks! I appreciate your good wishes. I just hope to at least make it to the first of next year before getting laid off. My wife and I are trying to arrange things so we can make it without getting into savings. Hopefully we'll turn an economic corner after November nationally and come out swinging in the spring. Then if I can sell the house we hope to move back east somewhere. I'll part with Reddaway, obviously, and maybe YRC too. We'll see. One thing at a time, and the first is just getting through the winter in good shape.
NO!!!! stay where yor at.We don't need anymore libs over on the RIGHT side,It,s beeing ruind by the yanks already.Stay Their

NO!!!! Stay where you're at. We don't need any more libs over on the RIGHT side, it's being ruined by the yanks already. Stay there.

Hippo, you'd be suprised at how many of us out here are not "libs", especially once you get away from Portland. I'd say my politics split between libertarian, conservative, and the rest is pretty much lacking in classic definition. Nobody who actually knows me would call me a lib. :biglaugh: Most of us small-town guys would fit in just fine in any Foxworthy joke. Besides, if I moved out your way I could keep helping you with your spelling and grammar like I did above. Wouldn't you like a redneck spelling (⊙▃⊙) around?? :D

Hippo, you'd be suprised at how many of us out here are not "libs", especially once you get away from Portland. I'd say my politics split between libertarian, conservative, and the rest is pretty much lacking in classic definition. Nobody who actually knows me would call me a lib. :biglaugh: Most of us small-town guys would fit in just fine in any Foxworthy joke. Besides, if I moved out your way I could keep helping you with your spelling and grammar like I did above. Wouldn't you like a redneck spelling (⊙▃⊙) around?? :D

:hysterical::biglaugh:
I don't know why, but it seems the fatal few always have a hard time spelling.

Anyone have any idea why TJ and Stoner both went to Spokane last wednesday ? Cant be good for the spokane terminal!

We here at corporate heard it has something to do with the Manitoulin fiasco they've gotten us into...
btw...you guys shoulda heard the "go team" speech we had to sit through last week; I grew up on a farm and have seen some pretty impressive manure piles, and this one ranked in the top 10 !!!

Keep the shiny side up boys...we love ya !!!

We here at corporate heard it has something to do with the Manitoulin fiasco they've gotten us into...
btw...you guys shoulda heard the "go team" speech we had to sit through last week; I grew up on a farm and have seen some pretty impressive manure piles, and this one ranked in the top 10 !!!

Keep the shiny side up boys...we love ya !!!

Manitoulin?? Are you talking about Manitoulin Transport in Canada? I checked their website, they're privately owned. You got some essplainin' ta do, Lucy. . .

I see, Manitoulin was or is our interline for Canada. So what could be so bad about Manitoulin that we have to lay off 130 guys at Reddaway with maybe as much as another 170 to go??

Lay off SLC

Be glad they lay off the botom guys in your barn their. Here in SLC they chopped the ones that did not move fast enough for managment here. Bottom guys work and senior guys sit home.

Be glad they lay off the botom guys in your barn their. Here in SLC they chopped the ones that did not move fast enough for managment here. Bottom guys work and senior guys sit home.

Thats against company policy. Union or non. I wouldn't stand for it.

What exactly is the Manitoulin fiasco? Enlighten us please. Also nice to see someone from corporate posting here.

Now you know why you need a CONTRACT ! Company (policy) Dont mean S#!t ! sooner or later you WILL figure it out.

your kidding right?

layoff is by seniority its in the REDYWAY HAND BOOK, THEY MUST OF BURNED YOUR COPIES.......................................

What exactly is the Manitoulin fiasco? Enlighten us please. Also nice to see someone from corporate posting here.

We interline about 90% of Canadian frt to them now...no more CAL terminal. Part of my job is to tell customers where their frt is, and ETA's for delivery. We check with Manitoulin, and most of the time they haven't a clue. Things have a tendency to enter the "black hole" on their docks, and a week later, it mysteriously reappears. I had one rep tell me yesterday that some Alberta-bound frt was still being held in bond (after 2 weeks); the next call I took was from the customer saying that it had actually delivered a week ago and one of his dock guys had stuck it in the wrong warehouse. I'm just glad he called me back before I called him and made a total a$$ of myself.

Some days I wonder if I wasn't better off out there scratchin' gears with y'all !!

Take care all....