ABF | Another sad turnout

Sad that folks are too lazy to not take 5 minutes or less to mark a ballot & drop it in the mail. Most couldn't tell you where their local is located but boy can they bitch about any small thing. :duh:
Similar to what happens with elections in general in this country. Apathy with elections/voting, apathy with letting "woke" get so out of hand.

My experience is that the 70's and 80's were time of a true brotherhood. Teamsters stuck together and helped each other however they could. Something started to change in the 90's. I saw more and more meesters in the barn. By the 2000's there were more of them than old line Teamsters. The mind set of these guys is that they don't owe the Union or their brothers anything. One of the results of this is the 14% voter turnout being seen now. I would suggest that the 14% that voted are the only true union men (and women) left in the Teamsters. So sad.

If the people are convinced that nothing will evolve, change or improve? Why should they bother? Thats beyond apathy.

Hoffa is something of a Stain on the Unions in general. Should be no Hoffas anywhere in that structure for that reason.

Im not here to be difficult. I am not anti union nor am I for them. I abuse everyone catholic-ally. (Equally a old term)

My experience is that the 70's and 80's were time of a true brotherhood. Teamsters stuck together and helped each other however they could. Something started to change in the 90's. I saw more and more meesters in the barn. By the 2000's there were more of them than old line Teamsters. The mind set of these guys is that they don't owe the Union or their brothers anything. One of the results of this is the 14% voter turnout being seen now. I would suggest that the 14% that voted are the only true union men (and women) left in the Teamsters. So sad.
I was non-union 14 years and union for 24-years. It was a breath of fresh are to work where seniority ruled. You pay your dues (work bad jobs & hours, drive worst equipment) for 10 years and then you reap the benefits later. I understood that and accepted that. When I retired in 2013, the bottom 5 men on the seniority list caused more issues than the rest of the list combined. The young guys think they deserve the best runs, best trucks, and best work days from day one (seniority be damned). All about me.