ABF | Another sad turnout

I wonder if the non voters had to pay a fine for not returning their ballot would help. Maybe even posting their names by locals, so everyone can bust on their butts. Don't mine me , the beers talking and this is a pet peeve for me.
Name posting seems like a good idea.
That would separate Teamsters from the other good buddies.

I wonder if the non voters had to pay a fine for not returning their ballot would help. Maybe even posting their names by locals, so everyone can bust on their butts. Don't mine me , the beers talking and this is a pet peeve for me.
Loss of seniority! They would run to the post office!

I was non-union 14 years and union for 24-years. It was a breath of fresh are to work where seniority ruled. You pay your dues (work bad jobs & hours, drive worst equipment) for 10 years and then you reap the benefits later. I understood that and accepted that. When I retired in 2013, the bottom 5 men on the seniority list caused more issues than the rest of the list combined. The young guys think they deserve the best runs, best trucks, and best work days from day one (seniority be damned). All about me.
It's like that now im breaking down freight at a grocery warehouse & the junior guy is doing drop & hooks....

It's like that now im breaking down freight at a grocery warehouse & the junior guy is doing drop & hooks....
But you are hourly. The most senior guy at the end of line that I run to twice a week will do anything that is asked of him. Great guy. Never heard him complain. Talked to him one day and he said he chained up 3 times in one day. Got in his pickup while I was talking to him and he said the first beer will wipe it all away.

But you are hourly. The most senior guy at the end of line that I run to twice a week will do anything that is asked of him. Great guy. Never heard him complain. Talked to him one day and he said he chained up 3 times in one day. Got in his pickup while I was talking to him and he said the first beer will wipe it all away.
Hourly or not bending up & down several hundred times will take more than 1 beer to relax my back….

Hourly or not bending up & down several hundred times will take more than 1 beer to relax my back….
I dont have a back much anymore. They found T10 was broken and nature somehow bastardized a healing process. They wish to MRI the middle section but am afraid of what they will see in it. Its really something to have had a broken back among other major broken or crushed bones later in life and its no big deal with replacement parts. But I can tell you that its no fun having these busted bones. No fun at all.

Back on the horse farm one day we were moving 150 pound bags of feed. These bags were taller than me and bigger around than me. A whole wagon ful. I was pretty young, about 20 or so. Strong too. After 10 tons of that and another 10 to go my back started howling. I could not move and laid there in the grass. The best I could do for me is not move at all.

One of the horses came up and kept me company while the vet put together a needle shot to resolve the problem. Not necessarily human medicine but whatever he put in there took care of it. and then some.

The other 10 tons was light as a feather.