FedEx Freight | Any centers losing more runs?

Really? My friends there are thriving. Management and drivers…
And where I'm from , they have the same problems as fedex.
Overhired and now looking to reduce head count.
In fedex's case...a furlough that allows unemployment, still having insurance and $300 a week.
At OD..a furlough that is basically being let go.
I'd say the FedEx scenario is a little better.

And where I'm from , they have the same problems as fedex.
Overhired and now looking to reduce head count.
In fedex's case...a furlough that allows unemployment, still having insurance and $300 a week.
At OD..a furlough that is basically being let go.
I'd say the FedEx scenario is a little better.
Old Dominion is at least up front with their people when it gets slow. Plus they use minimal PT. they run a ton of empties in imbalanced lanes. I see it everyday. They have their issues but at least the road guys aren't competing with contractors for work.

Old Dominion is at least up front with their people when it gets slow. Plus they use minimal PT. they run a ton of empties in imbalanced lanes. I see it everyday. They have their issues but at least the road guys aren't competing with contractors for work.
Also look at their stock price. With all those empties, and still way higher than ours! Plus they run teams instead of PT.

Are they also up front at OD when they can a guys azz after the furlough as well?
How about up front when you get no overtime till after 50 hours while they give them their nice mid 70's OR numbers?
As to my manager..she is a she.
And yes I do drink coffee with her daily and I have bought her very nice Christmas gifts.
And I'm high enough on seniority that I don't have to do either...
She's earned my respect...

Are they also up front at OD when they can a guys azz after the furlough as well?
How about up front when you get no overtime till after 50 hours while they give them their nice mid 70's OR numbers?
As to my manager..she is a she.
And yes I do drink coffee with her daily and I have bought her very nice Christmas gifts.
And I'm high enough on seniority that I don't have to do either...
She's earned my respect...
And now you’ve nepotised (er jeopardized) her career.

I know linehaul guys at OD that are constantly getting cancelled. I also know a guy out of Joliet that has an Indy meet, that turned into a layover so they had enough time to gather freight for Joliet.

FedEx was pretty upfront about this in November and I think they're handling this the right way. When the boom comes they'll have who knows how many drivers that are just a phone call away, while everybody else has to start with the hiring campaigns.

As for OD, calling a guy into the office and saying "hey, you're terminated for economic reasons and benefits end at 1159 PM, take care" isn't really being upfront.

Also look at their stock price. With all those empties, and still way higher than ours! Plus they run teams instead of PT.

To be fair, FedEx Corp isn't just FedEx freight and the sister companies suck. If the stock was just FedEx freight it'd be a monster.

And who wants to run team? I don't want to sleep in a truck, let alone share a living space that small with someone.

I know linehaul guys at OD that are constantly getting cancelled. I also know a guy out of Joliet that has an Indy meet, that turned into a layover so they had enough time to gather freight for Joliet.

FedEx was pretty upfront about this in November and I think they're handling this the right way. When the boom comes they'll have who knows how many drivers that are just a phone call away, while everybody else has to start with the hiring campaigns.

As for OD, calling a guy into the office and saying "hey, you're terminated for economic reasons and benefits end at 1159 PM, take care" isn't really being upfront.

To be fair, FedEx Corp isn't just FedEx freight and the sister companies suck. If the stock was just FedEx freight it'd be a monster.

And who wants to run team? I don't want to sleep in a truck, let alone share a living space that small with someone.
Be better than unemployment. At least give people the option. Plus it would help keep damages down. Yes we damage on pups, but it's far worse nondecking 53fters.

Be better than unemployment. At least give people the option. Plus it would help keep damages down. Yes we damage on pups, but it's far worse nondecking 53fters.

I'd rather take the unemployment with the bonus on the end. If on my bid day my only option is team or sleeper, I'm quitting and I know I'm not the only one. Would you bid team or sleeper?

I'd rather take the unemployment with the bonushttps://images.app.goo.gl/Fx9HdrfoRU3c9Y5u9 on the end. If on my bid day my only option is team or sleeper, I'm quitting and I know I'm not the only one. Would you bid team or sleeper?
Are you kidding??

what_is_her_job_04.jpg

The sleeper option wouldn’t make sense for Freight right now as we would have to invest in more trucks (sleepers) when we can’t even get the 20’s out of rotation.. that being said

We can easily adapt to a layover system temporarily to gather more freight (10 hours). We used to do it. Transit times don’t matter anymore

Yes the hotel cost adds up but it would be temporarily and only for imbalanced lanes..

I’d prefer to take my 10 in a hotel than others being furloughed..

That being said. There’s many people here that their “high” seniority mindset takes them away from seeing the bigger picture.. very inconsiderate but keep on sipping that kool aid

Last edited:
The sleeper option wouldn’t make sense for Freight right now as we would have to invest in more trucks (sleepers) when we can’t even get the 20’s out of rotation.. that being said

We can easily adapt to a layover system temporarily to gather more freight (10 hours). We used to do it. Transit times don’t matter anymore

Yes the hotel cost adds up but it would be temporarily and only for imbalanced lanes..

I’d prefer to take my 10 in a hotel than others being furloughed..

That being said. There’s many people here that their “high” seniority mindset takes them away from seeing the bigger picture.. very inconsiderate but keep on sipping that kool aid
20s? Try still having 13s at a EOL without a shop.