FedEx Freight | Any of you know the driver who crashed on US 74 mile marker 189?

he will be fired. not kidding. we had a driver roll the lead trailer bout a year ago and he got hurt too and 3 days later he was gone

I know a driver that wrecked a truck at our barn and 2 1/2 weeks later he was terminated, even though the SCM said he didn't think the driver would be terminated.

That guy was and still is on workers comp.for his injuries.
I talk too him daily.

If you have an accident because you went to sleep behind the wheel, Your gone. Come up with any excuse except I went to sleep.

Best way too protect yourself, as well as your company,never ever admit to anything.
Always let the crash investigators figure everything out.
If you are able to walkout answer yes or no to any questions,of course don't lie about anything.
Just don't offer any more information then you are asked for.

After the investigation is complete, if you think they didn't get it right,then you can defend yourself,against their error in judgment.

If you have an accident because you went to sleep behind the wheel, Your gone. Come up with any excuse except I went to sleep.

any excuse is better than I went too sleep, but an accident of this magnatude costing over $500,000.00 it dont matter what the excuse is you are most likely gone, hurt or not.

The guy I know only wrecked 1 pup and a rig , he got hurt and has been terminated. this guy wrecked two pups and a rig into a bridge. "JUST SAYING"

1 good thing has come of this wreck, at least he is ALIVE.

Alway tell the cop and company that you won't say anything without your attorney present.
Just get out of truck call 911 and find out if everybody is ok or hurt. Then walk away and stand by yourself. Talk to nobody.

Alway tell the cop and company that you won't say anything without your attorney present.
Just get out of truck call 911 and find out if everybody is ok or hurt. Then walk away and stand by yourself. Talk to nobody.

I dont think he got out under his own power.

3.jpg

4.jpg

Going to disagree. Come up with any excuse then yes, fired. Being honest at the right time and telling them you fell asleep, and, if its the primary factor in the crash, you may very well survive it.

Every accident is judged on a case by case basis. Hearsay is not one of those factors.

USMARINE1973,thanks a lot for your update,I for one am happy there was more to the crash news then was reported.
And am also happy he was able to keep his job.
This information is why I posted on the FedEx freight forum in the first place.
A lot of the commercial crash links I search out and post have a lot of holes in the info they post on-line.
Whenever it is a name brand LTL,I try to seek out the rest of the story from those who may be close to the drivers involved.
So once again I want to thank you for this update.
As a retired UPS Freight safety trainer I leave you with this.
(3) things you need to be a safe driver,proper rest before your work duties,focus on everything,& patients.

And always try to get back to the termanel the same time the truck does no matter what the condtions

this truck had a recall on steering boxs.nas tn shop said at least 100 trucks were covered under recall,get vin # and call kenworth