XPO | Any other terminals using a outside carrier to deliver city freight?

Waxtaylor77

Wax on....wax off
Credits
Our terminal recently started using a company called Mothership to deliver some Residential deliveries, anywhere else doing the same?

The regional manager ( or whatever they call themselves nowadays ) came through and told us Indy is bad off. They need dozens of drivers and have been using walk abouts. Also he said they've been using a cartage company to help do P&D.

Many terminals through the system in bad shape. 3-4 days behind on deliveries, even worse on the fac. Don’t sweat it. They are throwing cash at us in ot, make hay while the sun shines.

The regional manager ( or whatever they call themselves nowadays ) came through and told us Indy is bad off. They need dozens of drivers and have been using walk abouts. Also he said they've been using a cartage company to help do P&D.
How are the cartage companies finding drivers?

Our terminal recently started using a company called Mothership to deliver some Residential deliveries, anywhere else doing the same?
I know some of my city drivers would love to have some else deliver these residential...Many come back and just jam up our OS&D bay anyway

At my ABF terminal we have outside drivers using rental straight trucks to pedal our city freight. I don't think that they do pickups but I don't really know. Outside carriers bring a set of pups into our yard and take a set back to the terminal that they came from. Company wants a change of operations so that ABF can do meet and greet turns instead of laydowns. Are we going to meet an outside carrier on the meet turns?

not going to be a meet and greet if the outside carrier either doesn't show up or brings a bad set, it'll be what the f***

I’ve heard that Minneapolis has several drivers from an outside company doing full routes. And sounds like it’s expensive
At least 10 a day at $110/hr from what I've heard. Eagan doing the same as well.

40+ trailers left at XTM Saturday morning...

With everyone running behind and way too much freight in the system I'm wondering why we're picking up garbage freight? 12' plus junk, stuff with 2 pallets banded together that breaks apart as soon as you move it, awkward size crates, huge ag equipment, the list goes on. Saw 20' beams banded to 3 random pallets this week...guess how well that stayed together?

At least 10 a day at $110/hr from what I've heard. Eagan doing the same as well.

40+ trailers left at XTM Saturday morning...

With everyone running behind and way too much freight in the system I'm wondering why we're picking up garbage freight? 12' plus junk, stuff with 2 pallets banded together that breaks apart as soon as you move it, awkward size crates, huge ag equipment, the list goes on. Saw 20' beams banded to 3 random pallets this week...guess how well that stayed together?
That same question was asked a while back at my terminal and we were told that its possible that the ugly or awkward freight could be the revenue or freight that the pickup terminal needs