XPO | Any other terminals using a outside carrier to deliver city freight?

How are the cartage companies finding drivers?
I don’t get how these small warehousing companies keep their drivers when we are offer $10000 sign on bonus, top scale and benefits day one. Especially when they are making $8 an hour less than us. You would think they would come over in droves!

I don’t get how these small warehousing companies keep their drivers when we are offer $10000 sign on bonus, top scale and benefits day one. Especially when they are making $8 an hour less than us. You would think they would come over in droves!

But we have a horrific work environment.

Terrible work schedule. They might be on line haul. They might be in the city. They might be on line haul.

The way this company treats its people is offense to most just to hear about. OT after 50 anyone ? Might as well buy your own health care. Good luck getting a day off.

If you got a job with some small operation. That treats you like a human being. For a little less an hour. Why would you give that up ?

lots of those small cartage companies take drivers that cant be hired by big companies- tickets, accidents, DUI's, criminal. So these small companies feed on that.

If Jacob's can't or don't want to keep employees the freight has to move somehow!
Well we put it on our trailer and someday it will move unless it get f**ked up at the FAC dock then it get shoved around until it find it way into the OS&D bay

It confuses me also why drivers with experience work at certain small or random companies and make barelyany money when there is good companies paying a lot more with better benefits that are always hiring. It’s weird

Ask the warehouse workers if they are here in this country, legally, pay taxes, and have a valid CDL........

You know what ? This has to be the plan moving forward. Jacobs realizes we are all going to quit. And he will have to third party the entire LTL operation. They are installing plan B-Z. LOL The first ever 3PLTL. Jacobs will spin this into he is making history. The first of it's kind on this scale. Maybe the stock market will love it ?

Ahhhhhh, yes. The cartage guys. We have plenty at my barn. They all pretty much suck except for like 2 or 3 out of the 20 plus that come in every day.

You know what ? This has to be the plan moving forward. Jacobs realizes we are all going to quit. And he will have to third party the entire LTL operation. They are installing plan B-Z. LOL The first ever 3PLTL. Jacobs will spin this into he is making history. The first of it's kind on this scale. Maybe the stock market will love it ?
that's what i was thinking. The people at the top don't like how much power drivers are enjoying right now and view it was a business risk. they need to hedge that risk somehow so our bargaining power can be neutralized.