Yellow | Any statements regarding....

be honest the SOB Tombstone meme killed off most of Yellow business.

So a picture of a tombstone that nobody saw or cared about killed the company.... seriously.
Since you didn't work for yellow.... The company intentionally missed pick-ups, Hawkins released garbage statements about one Yellow to anyone that would listen, then sent their attorneys to go on fox news a few times and cry bankruptcy and even gave a ballpark date..... that wouldn't cause concern for customers would it??????? Or how about sending out emails to major shippers around april/may, later a letter to all customers telling them to ship with someone else. Oh and lets not forget the freightwaves hit pieces constantly .

What those gentlemen said, plus Hawkins himself on FOX Business talking bankruptcy......the meme wasn't smart or did it show class, but it didn't bring Yellow down...
There were a number of factors, the tombstone, and the message it sent, was one of them. When the president of the union representing the workers arrogantly (and stupidly) mocks the demise of a company what message does that send?

There were a number of factors, the tombstone, and the message it sent, was one of them. When the president of the union representing the workers arrogantly (and stupidly) mocks the demise of a company what message does that send?
Again, the freight didn’t start dropping off until after the strike threat. Same question applies- I was there, were you? I never had one customer ask about the stupid tombstone meme while we were still running. Twist this up any way you like. Timeline facts won’t change.

Again, the freight didn’t start dropping off until after the strike threat. Same question applies- I was there, were you? I never had one customer ask about the stupid tombstone meme while we were still running. Twist this up any way you like. Timeline facts won’t change.
Try rereading what I said. The tombstone, and the message it sent, was one of multiple factors in the demise of Yellow. And just because none of your particular customers asked you personally about it doesn't mean it didn't affect long range plans of other shippers. And yes I was there and there's no twisting at all regarding what I've said.

It doesn't really matter what caused it. Yellow is gone and and will never come back. I do hope the workers get their pay they were cheated out of but Yellow is a part of history now, and it's past time to move on. It was a sad thing but don't let it still your happiness anymore than it already has. Life has a way of giving you a knockdown that you wasn't prepared for sometimes but don't give up. Get back up and keep going because that what we do for our families. Ive been there had a job with excellent benefits and pay and thought id retire there and then bam a mass layoff and they didn't call most back iff any. I was crushed but after drawing unemployment for a while i got back at it. I was pissed at the time but looking back had that not of happened i wouldn't be were i am now. It's strange how things work out from something bad through a string of events to something better. Hang in there friends.

I was responding to someone who constantly says that is what did Yellow in....I don't disagree with what you have said, I have always said it was classless and stupid.....

I was responding to someone who constantly says that is what did Yellow in... <snip> I have always said it was classless and stupid.....

...and just one of several factors.

There are a few with a bad ethic, the work ethics of management, perverse incentives, shut yellow down.
Among other things.

Work ethic was not an issue in my local or barn. Employers are afraid you will bring a union with you.

Not sure what barn you were out so I can't argue that point. I will say that I spent a fair amount of time at 10 or so YRC barns over the years. Never saw one that didn't have a work ethic issue at least among a handful or two.

The issue is two-fold. Fear of union rallying and ****-poor work ethic as soon as probationary period is over.

Yes, be honest. I didn’t see any drop in freight and overtime until the strike threat, which I’m sure you remember (but probably still refuse to accept) was caused by the cancellation of h&w. I was there. Were you?
Never said I was there, I do speak with major LTL shippers on a a daily basis. Almost everyone told me that once the union president mocked the death of the company they shifted volume away from them out of fear.
We you there for those conversations too?

Never said I was there, I do speak with major LTL shippers on a a daily basis. Almost everyone told me that once the union president mocked the death of the company they shifted volume away from them out of fear.
Then they were pretty week lmao. Get real.It was a meme.

I didn’t have to be. I saw it with my own eyes when the freight started to drop. I didn’t have to take the word from a chain of twenty+ people. Now you’ve got me a little curious as to what your influence was with these so-called “major” shippers in moving their business elsewhere.

I didn’t have to be. I saw it with my own eyes when the freight started to drop. I didn’t have to take the word from a chain of twenty+ people. Now you’ve got me a little curious as to what your influence was with these so-called “major” shippers in moving their business elsewhere.
Thanks for admitting the shipment volume dropped, I knew you'd understand I was right.
I owned a logistics business before I retired. I still talk and I am in contact with major shippers.
How about you?

Marlin, he lives in a fantasy world. As long as people engage with him on this forum he will troll out his made up facts. He is sitting in front of his tv watching reruns of the "Golden Girls" and he thinks he is in deep conversations with major LTL shippers. :hysterical: :hilarious:

Thanks for admitting the shipment volume dropped, I knew you'd understand I was right.
I owned a logistics business before I retired. I still talk and I am in contact with major shippers.
How about you?
First you owned a trucking company in New Jersey now you say you also owned a logistics business too. Don't you have better things to do with all of your money instead of spending hours each week trolling bull:crap: on truckingboards.

How about you?
Some people just need some form of self-recognition so go ahead, enjoy it. BTW, I never said the freight levels never dropped. You’re just confused on when it actually started. I do give you credit though. I could never own a 3pl business. I would have issues sleeping at night. I despise their “middle man” status every bit as you despise the union’s for probably the same reasons. You see? Now we can have something in common.