Yellow | Any statements regarding....

Marlin, he lives in a fantasy world. As long as people engage with him on this forum he will troll out his made up facts. He is sitting in front of his tv watching reruns of the "Golden Girls" and he thinks he is in deep conversations with major LTL shippers. :hysterical: :hilarious:
Yeah, but I’m having fun here. I have no problem educating. And maybe he’s just upset that his field doesn’t have a carrier to use that moves freight for free so now they actually have to pay for it (if he is who he says).

Last edited:
Then they were pretty week lmao. Get real.It was a meme.
Most business leaders actually don't base decisions on memes fun fact Thursday

Not quite. There's a big difference between weak and learning from the past.

Let's pretend I'm traffic manager for a large shipper. I have heard rumblings for years about YRC being on the brink of BK but I have continued to use them due to their heavily discounted rates. I'm also a union shop and want to support other unions where I can. My YRC sales rep has been reassuring me all is good in the 'hood. Then I see of/hear of a meme from the IBT leadership mocking the imminent demise of YRC. I recall, without much fondness, my freight getting stalled up and my customers being pissed off during the last Teamster strike. I remember what it was like when I had hundreds of shipments stuck in Transcon/PIE's system, again in NW's system and who can forget that Labor Day weekend with CF?!? I'm not chancing that again! So, I divert my freight immediately. I certainly wasn't the only one.

Never said I was there, I do speak with major LTL shippers on a a daily basis. Almost everyone told me that once the union president mocked the death of the company they shifted volume away from them out of fear.
We you there for those conversations too?
So you went from driving for NEMF to sales?

So, you diverted millions of dollars of freight because you saw a picture on a social media forum? That's a stretch even for those who think there are dots to connect.
No because the leader of the union representing the nearly bankrupt carrier posted a meme showing the demise of the company with the year of its demise on it
If anyone worked for a well managed company and continued to use Yellow services after that warning they'd be out of a job.
Had SOB been incorrect and Yellow continued in business, any shipper could always return to being a customer of Yellow. That carried little risk.
So for once SOB was absolutely correct. His tombstone meme was a warning to shippers to cease using his members employer as they were facing an imminent shutdown.
I'm certain some shippers thank SOB for his warning... It may have saved their jobs...

No I eventually started my own transportation/logistics business.
Thanks for caring...
Now it's starting to make sense, Yellow was probably your bread & butter for cheaper rates. Now Puffy Inc. has to pay more for his services. No disrespect for what you do but the main reason your in business is because larger companies are either to lazy or stupid to hire a competent traffic manager....

No because the leader of the union representing the nearly bankrupt carrier posted a meme showing the demise of the company with the year of its demise on it
If anyone worked for a well managed company and continued to use Yellow services after that warning they'd be out of a job.
Had SOB been incorrect and Yellow continued in business, any shipper could always return to being a customer of Yellow. That carried little risk.
So for once SOB was absolutely correct. His tombstone meme was a warning to shippers to cease using his members employer as they were facing an imminent shutdown.
I'm certain some shippers thank SOB for his warning... It may have saved their jobs...
How I see it, either way there’s blood on your hands. Think of the extra money Yellow “could’ve” had if we eradicated 3pl’s years ago before you all became over-controlling. Yourselves in your own way are ruining the freight industry. So how hard was it to write that first check to another carrier who refused to move your shipments at a discount or for free?

Now it's starting to make sense, Yellow was probably your bread & butter for cheaper rates. Now Puffy Inc. has to pay more for his services. No disrespect for what you do but the main reason your in business is because larger companies are either to lazy or stupid to hire a competent traffic manager....
It's neither stupid nor lazy. A competent traffic manager can be much more expensive than the annual fees paid to a 3PL. Various services at many companies are farmed out to others who specialize in providing that service

How I see it, either way there’s blood on your hands. Think of the extra money Yellow “could’ve” had if we eradicated 3pl’s years ago before you all became over-controlling. Yourselves in your own way are ruining the freight industry. So how hard was it to write that first check to another carrier who refused to move your shipments at a discount or for free?
Yellow wouldn't have had many of those accounts if it wasn't for 3PLs to begin with. If CHRobinson or whomever was too demanding your sales team could have always said no to the business. Pretty simple.

We were in a similar situation when it seemed like the company's demise was imminent. We pulled back any prepaid freight and advised our customers shipping, collect or third party that we wouldn't be responsible if it got stuck in YRC's network

It's neither stupid nor lazy. A competent traffic manager can be much more expensive than the annual fees paid to a 3PL. Various services at many companies are farmed out to others who specialize in providing that service
You can get a good traffic manager for about 80k a year, maybe even cheaper in this economy. Thats his job to save you money instead of relying on the bottom feeders of the logistics/ trucking industry....

Yellow wouldn't have had many of those accounts if it wasn't for 3PLs to begin with. If CHRobinson or whomever was too demanding your sales team could have always said no to the business. Pretty simple.
You’re never going to get better service than if you’d negotiate shipping terms with the carrier directly. But I get it. This is a world now where no one wants to be held accountable so we find another way to shift responsibility. Think of how much faster the shipments got picked up and payments actually went in the accounts before 3pl’s became excessive. When you order a hamburger do you pay someone else to order it for you or just avoid the extra fee and do it yourself? And then if it’s wrong who would you blame then?

You’re never going to get better service than if you’d negotiate shipping terms with the carrier directly. But I get it. This is a world now where no one wants to be held accountable so we find another way to shift responsibility. Think of how much faster the shipments got picked up and payments actually went in the accounts before 3pl’s became excessive. When you order a hamburger do you pay someone else to order it for you or just avoid the extra fee and do it yourself? And then if it’s wrong who would you blame then?
Yellow Freight sold hamburgers? Who knew? :duh:

You can get a good traffic manager for about 80k a year, maybe even cheaper in this economy. Thats his job to save you money instead of relying on the bottom feeders of the logistics/ trucking industry....
That's the salary. That's not benefits, payroll taxes, or workers comp insurance. 3pl's aren't bottom feeders, they're service providers no different than the guy who provides roadside assistance when you're too far for a shop truck to come out.

That's the salary. That's not benefits, payroll taxes, or workers comp insurance. 3pl's aren't bottom feeders, they're service providers no different than the guy who provides roadside assistance when you're too far for a shop truck to come out.
That's all well and good, but why would they want or need a third party to negotiate rates (represent them) and rules for them? They should want to deal with the company directly. Instead they "extort" goods and services from the poor company...... that reminds me of another so called "racket"....🤫
:lmao: :438::lmao:

You’re never going to get better service than if you’d negotiate shipping terms with the carrier directly. But I get it.

Hummpppphh. Says the Teamsters guy who let the IBT use their negotiating leverage to get a better deal for himself