Anyone familiar with KLLM Transport Services?

pauly66

TB Lurker
Credits
I spoke with a recruiter with KLLM, she was a very nice southern gal. Their offer sounds fair with only a 6 month commitment. Anyone familiar with this outfit? I also tried contacting other companies like Swift, FFE, Millis and Prime, Prime I spoke with some Hispanic Lady who was quite rude & she ended up hanging up on me, I think my question was too much for her to answer, apparently it was off her script. I did not speak to anyone else just left messages & have not heard anything yet.

I spoke with a recruiter with KLLM, she was a very nice southern gal. Their offer sounds fair with only a 6 month commitment. Anyone familiar with this outfit? I also tried contacting other companies like Swift, FFE, Millis and Prime, Prime I spoke with some Hispanic Lady who was quite rude & she ended up hanging up on me, I think my question was too much for her to answer, apparently it was off her script. I did not speak to anyone else just left messages & have not heard anything yet.
Six month commitment for what reason? There are a lot of vultures out there looking to take advantage of newbies who don't know any better.

Six month commitment for what reason? There are a lot of vultures out there looking to take advantage of newbies who don't know any better.

My vultures is going to be the bank when the repo my home if I don't get some decent income soon.
The 6 month is like any other company which most are a year, CR England is 3 years. This is for them to be guaranteed to make money off you for helping you get into the drivers seat I am assuming. first 6 days is refresher course at a school costing &2,000.00 which is forgiven after the 6 months is up. Also after the 6 days I go with a trainer for around 6 weeks getting a minimum of 400 a week. I've never been in the trucking business so I am totally new at this, if they are a legit company & will in fact train me wouldn't this be a good deal, and it being only a 6 month commitment is better than a year like most are.

Try to get on with UPS.

Get on with UPS, are you trying to be funny?
Getting a job with UPS is impossible, better chance of winning the lottery. As it is you have to start off part time working in a warehouse for like 15 years before consideration of full time driver.

Do you have any suggestions?
Not really pauly66, it really is an ugly industry anymore and a good living will be hard to make. If you need training you may be on the right track with a 6 month commitment, I had never heard of that one before. I have heard of the year(s) as you have mentioned but that was always for a full training course from square one not just a refresher course. OTR does not pay well for the most part and you will hardly be able to feed yourself let alone pay a mortgage. You can try any large nationwide LTL carriers that might be in your area but right now things are slow everywhere. I do know that ABF has some training programs but it would be a long time start to finish for you with them.

Bottom feeders, well I'm pretty much bottom feeding myself.
Do you have any suggestions?

Pauly66, with you having zero experience, I would recommend Schiender National..... I know its a longer comintment.....but they do have a very good and comprehensive training program....and since they a much larger company than KLLM, they will have a lot better opportunities to make more money.... 1 year with them will give you the experience you need to get on with a good paying job with an LTL company...

6 months commitment isn't a long time, however, it isn't enough time or experience to get you into a better driving job either.. Take advantage of your training by gaining enough experience in one place to better position yourself for the better opportunities out there....

That is better than going from one "training company" to another.....

Best of luck to you pauly66...

GREETINGS pauly66 and WELCOME to Trucking Boards!!

As pilot 87 states, I concur, Schneider National is your best bet.
They began as Dry Van and have added Reefer, Flatbed, Tanker, so there are options instead of "you haul this type trailer for $.xx per mile".

KLLM (kill 'em) is a Reefer outfit and in no way is starting in trucking a good idea in a Reefer.
They as well (like some other reefer outfits) may push that sad Lease To Own TRAP (as if you need another large payment plan).
Southern RefrigeratedTransport requires 3 months with a "trainer" ( as of 2009, for comparison).

c.r. england is akin to the black plague.

Please update your status as you're able and Thank You for your questions.
CHEERS!!