SAIA | Anyone heard anything?

Demolitionman

TB Veteran
Credits
Rumor going around is layoffs started yesterday, and may continue today. From the info I was given, they seem to be very spotty and few and far between. I was just wondering if anyone has any first hand knowledge. I don't see how they could lay anyone off at many terminals, including GVL. Our freight levels on the outbound side have done nothing but increase.

There has been another round of layoffs; I understood it to be done today. I think dock and office were hit the hardest. that's all I know.

I know that a regional manager was let go today in Omaha.Heard roumors we lost a supervisor or two also.Also heard that Dallas might be changing some linehaul runs over to Garland.Freight levels in Denver are good so far.I also heard the world was going to end in 2012.

I know that a regional manager was let go today in Omaha.Heard roumors we lost a supervisor or two also.Also heard that Dallas might be changing some linehaul runs over to Garland.Freight levels in Denver are good so far.I also heard the world was going to end in 2012.

:biglaugh: Say it aint so!

I'm bout to head in in a few hours, so I might know some specifics here. I will post up in the morning.

Regional manager in Omaha got the axe yesterday (Thursday) and parts runner (go-fer) in shop was let go today (Friday). And sounds like the head hunters are going to be in Omaha until Saturday.:whistling:

6 dock and 1 supervisor in Den.1 linehaul in Norfolk NE,1 linehaul in Minn MN,Heard 4 linehaul and 6 dock in Houston.1 shop and 3 p/t dock in Omaha.Line drivers are to report 2 hours early in order to load their own trailers since we are short dock workers....At least until 2012.:popcorn:

6 dock and 1 supervisor in Den.1 linehaul in Norfolk NE,1 linehaul in Minn MN,Heard 4 linehaul and 6 dock in Houston.1 shop and 3 p/t dock in Omaha.Line drivers are to report 2 hours early in order to load their own trailers since we are short dock workers....At least until 2012.:popcorn:
2012 ? ! ? !

OK. You got me that time.

A C/P

why 2012?
The Long Count Calendar of the Ancient Mayans ends on Dec 21 2012. There isn't much information regarding what the Mayans thought would occur in 2012, but the consensus of opinion is that there will be great change. To some people this means a positive, spiritual change. Other, like myself, consider that a catastrophic event may have been predicted. Read more about the Mayan Calendar.

There have been published reports of planets, moons, and other space related articles changing courses over the last 5 to 10 years. Some are predicting a series of intergalactic collisions in or near 2012.It is said the sky will be on fire and fire crashing to earth. HMMMMM. Could this be the coming of Christ? After all. He did say he would come back.