R&L | anyone know about truck speed!!!

We heard this rumor in Scranton last week. From what I heard, they have Wilmington's trucks turned down already. If they cut them back at our terminal, they better turn up the power to pull hills or the freight won't move on time.

I saw the memo the other night. It stated that Sleepers will be set at 70, linehaul tandems 68, and city trucks 65. I hope they do turn up the power or change the cut times. Some long runs that we have may not be able to run.:smilie_132::hysterical:

I guess it will not affect most city guys. But will really hurt the linehaulers by slowing them down and taking longer to run .

You guys are not alone, we got cut to 65mph.

it must not have went into effect for all yet then. you guys still pass me at night.

we have a series of trucks each model year that run between 68 and 70 something ...we were told those are going to be turned down when they go in for service and inspection. i guess everyone is doing it to try and save fuel.

This movement is suppose to save fuel... Using more in my opinion. Here in Wilmington they've cut back to 66 on most trucks and most are being set for 3 to 5 minute idle times.

This movement is suppose to save fuel... Using more in my opinion. Here in Wilmington they've cut back to 66 on most trucks and most are being set for 3 to 5 minute idle times.
You mean your trucks actually idle longer than five minutes?????? Wait til you break down in the winter better dress warm.............

i drive a volvo, and i know you guys drive internationals, but it might work for you too. ours have 2-3 minute idle timers, but if you leave the tractor brakes off (knob pushed in) and only set the trailer brakes, the idle timer never kicks in. it might work, it might not...but it's worth a shot.

You can also just bump up the idle speed using the cruise control.
Then it'll idle as long as I wish it to. If I don't bump it up. it shuts down after 3 minutes...

You can also just bump up the idle speed using the cruise control.
Then it'll idle as long as I wish it to. If I don't bump it up. it shuts down after 3 minutes...

must be nice, mine still shuts off, i am going to try not setting the tractor brakes, but then again in the winter time, when the brakes are wet and it is butt freakn cold i dont think i really want to set the trailer brakes

The PTO setting you refer to only works on the special people's trucks. Welcome to their club.

Most of the truck in the terminal where I am are set to shut off in 4-5 min irregardless of what you do, except for goosing the throttle when the light comes on or hitting the override button. 2 of the trucks idle all day, 1 truck idles if you pto it.

I have no problem with the trucks shutting off if there is no one in them, sitting at your slip point for 3 hours when it's 10 degrees out is another matter entirely.

90mph to 68mph??What a cut:biglaugh:Seriously though,do you guys get passed by any LTL trucks right now??It appears you guys are the fastest LTLer out there now..