ABF | Arcbest for sale?

In no particular order-
TFI just spent 1.1 billion dollars on Daseke, a flatbed conglomerate. That sale doesn’t close until Q2 of this year.
A purchase of Arc Best would likely be over 5 billion dollars. The market cap on just the stock is over 3.3 billion. Then there’s property and equipment and business value.
Finally just IMO- look how well the Yellow acquisition of Roadway, Holland etc went. They had a plan to be the biggest LTL in the world and they could never “realize” all the supposed cost savings. Where are they now? Bankrupt.
Transforce operates all the companies they buy independently. The don’t merge them.

Larry

Since you brought up recent organization successes...

I’m still confused how they figure that. So if it only goes up a certain amount we don’t get anything?
We will get a 3%ish raise at 0.75 cent. COLA is to give us a correct raise based on the inflation % number given by the government if higher than 3%.

Example: If inflation is at 10% and you only get a standard 3% yearly raise. You’re now working for less even though you got a raise.

I guess I live in your head rent free... are you always this easily triggered?

Take it easy.... Have fun..
Nah you don't bother me, don't give yourself too much credit.....that wasn't a hard guess to know it was you though....your hatred of the Teamsters consumes you....I know when I retire I won't be posting on multiple forums spewing hate...I will be doing enjoyable things

Some people always choose to ignore th
But it’s all the Teamsters fault that all those carriers closed…. LOL
A lot were mom and pop carries and a lot of small companies and owner operators. Regulations and prices are destroying them. They don't have the money of the mega companies to keep a float when crap happens. That's why we are all working for a bigger company to hopefully assure we keep a job.

I’m still confused how they figure that. So if it only goes up a certain amount we don’t get anything?
The April 2023 CPI-W (297.730) plus 3.5% would total 308.150 for April 2023. For every 2/10ths of one percent the CPI-W is above 308.150 in April of 2024, it is a one cent raise. But, it is only payable if it equals a minimum of five cents in a year. So, in order for us to get the COLA raise, the CPI-W would have to reach 309.150 or higher in April of 2024 to reach the five cent minimum. Then, every 2/10ths of one percent it goes above 309.150 is an extra one cent raise.

IMG_2832.md.jpeg IMG_2800.md.png