Yellow | Are you feeling less DISGRUNTLED?

This is the best year I've ever had with this job, and I was with Roadway since before Yellow bought us. There are many of us in Portland and, I will bet, across the system, who are glad to see senior guys leave in droves for whatever reason. Say what you want, there are many of us who are loving the steady income and bids that have come our way after being laid off and on and sitting by the phone for so many years.

No pension crybaby here!

Curious, Do you have enough time in to get a pension?

I'm vested if that's what you mean. There were, however, a couple of years before the contributions were frozen where I didn't even get enough hours to get credit for the year.

I'm feeling much better about YRC now that I am leaving! Yellow was a good company back in the day....I hear Roadway was ok, but this YRC thing has been like a bad marriage...I'm getting a divorce!

This is the best year I've ever had with this job, and I was with Roadway since before Yellow bought us. There are many of us in Portland and, I will bet, across the system, who are glad to see senior guys leave in droves for whatever reason. Say what you want, there are many of us who are loving the steady income and bids that have come our way after being laid off and on and sitting by the phone for so many years.

No pension crybaby here!
Box Lover, thank God you are working now and not 30 or 40 years ago with the real teamster brothers because you would have never made it to being a pension crybaby. Sorry you will never know what it means to be a good "Teamster Brother".

I figure in another 6 months I,ll be filing for bankruptsy so yes you could say I'm disgrunteld they kept the worst things from both companys....

yes he has the time in. but not as a teamster .
hes president of the MEASTERS .:chairshot:
he dont really work for yrc either .
unless you call showing up with a box of doughnuts and coffee for his BOSS'S . then he recieves his daily dose of protein and hes back down in his castle "basement room " to hang with his freinds.{blow up dolls of bill a jimmy jr::couch:.sipping apple martini's.:burnsauce:
CONGRATES BOXIE BOY not even your hero joe has gotten this honor.
since every time i see your id up here and know the managment bs that you spew ive decided that after nearly 5 years you will be my very 1st person on ignore.
you and your type make me want to :9529:

more disgruntled. contract is meaningless, local is mia and complicit when it does show. managers believe in their own infallability and divinity

No pension crybaby here!
He is only telling the truth. There will B no pension in a couple of years. He tring to live for right now. In the United States of China (USA) there will be no tommorow. The days of yesteryear are long gone. In case you haven't notice , since the 21st century started, the working man standarted of living has gotton worse not better and will not get any better untill someone or something takes the money out of politics. Both parties are determined to turn the low wage blue collar workers against one anthor. So far its working.

maybe because there are more meesters today than ever before. no1 is willing to take a stand for whats the right thing to do.
dont worry about boxie boy though. he has a plan . stay living at home until he inherits the place. .
in case you havent noticed hes happy that yrc has starved out all his senior men just so he can make a couple of $ to buy new comic books with.
he still cant figure out why they are "leaving in droves" hes just glad about it .

Wrong again Longblade!

You just . . . don't . . . get it, do ya?

Many of us took a stand for what is the right thing to do. We decided to freeze the pension contributions to keep the doors of YRCW open. It's so typical of senior people to think that the world revolves around them.

The people who wanted to "shut her down" if the pension was not paid are the true mesters.

Remember before the concessions when myself and others kept saying to the many disgruntled in this forum, "If you don't like it at YRC, why don't you just quit?"

Well, this is the year that many people finally listened.

FINALLY!

Later lovers!

Well maybe the company and the union will do the right thing. Start by letting all these senior true Teamsters bump back in to finish earning what they fought long and hard for. I know you will not mind getting bumped back as you have many years in front of you Boxie.
I am glad that those that are working are feeding their family's, in the past the gates would have rusted shut by now.
You have no idea what these senior people fought for. Now days you just take advantage of their labors.

Yes I am a lover of blanket partys ! Crowe Crowe Crowe Bill

he woould be the 1st one to ***** about that cabbie . you see its all about me mememe.
1 year 10 months to go!!!
if he dont want what yrc will put into his pension he should just sign off on it and donate it to some1 thats a few months short and let them get what they signed up for........ life after a job

Wrong again Longblade!

Many of us took a stand for what is the right thing to do. We decided to freeze the pension contributions to keep the doors of YRCW open. It's so typical of senior people to think that the world revolves around them.

The people who wanted to "shut her down" if the pension was not paid are the true mesters.

Remember before the concessions when myself and others kept saying to the many disgruntled in this forum, "If you don't like it at YRC, why don't you just quit?"

FINALLY!

Later lovers!

I think Longblade gets it just fine. He's got you figured out to a tee. Box lover = Meester!!

Wrong again Longblade!

FINALLY!

Later lovers!

Dear mr. lover:

I like your post very much but decided to tweak it a bit that you would be better able to get your point and true nature across:

Right again Longblade, I've never been able to pull the wool over your eyes, or Strouds!
You really do understand everything thats going on at this penny-enny forsaken company!

Many of us took the bendover because we were to afraid to stick it out a bit longer to get a counter offer!

We decided to crap on the pension to put money in our own pockets, besides, I really want to buy a new smart car, they're so cute and I like being green to help out our greatest presidente ever, Herr Obomba!
Its so typical of your senior people to want to preserve a stupid pension that the old stupid Teamsters got beatup and even died for, you self centered senior nobody!

Those people are the true mesters in this "myself" first world of today that I am a proud member of!

Remember before all the bendovers when I and some others said to just quit and you did, now collecting that nice, beautiful pension that I'll never see, it just makes me so angry at all you retirees I could just scream at the top of my lungs, kind of like when Mom won't get me a happy meal on her way home from work!

Later, the true mr. lover.

What kind of guy spends his retirement years dropping doom and gloom on his old company's forum day after day?

Sad!
One that cares enough for the coworkers to waste his time.......Someday it just may dawn on ya.....but.....Sad

No pension crybaby here!

I don't understand? You think that being upset that you have no pension, and you will actually be penalized on the money you do have in a account is ok because you have a weekly pay check? Dude, you are foolish staying at YRC. You need to go work at FEDEX or Conway, because they are solid company's, ones that will be around forever. That way you will get a pay check every Friday until you die working.

I'm vested if that's what you mean. There were, however, a couple of years before the contributions were frozen where I didn't even get enough hours to get credit for the year.

Vested means you have at least 5 years... Whoa big Teamster! You need 25yrs to be locked in, without loosing 40% of your pension..