SAIA | Are You Surprised ?

Pooty tang

TB Lurker
Credits
401k match suspended. Offered early retirement. 5 more personal days. Upper directors and officers taking 5% pay cut . Expected to defer July raises. Not good kiddos.

Last edited:
Hey buck how about giving us a heads up when it’s going to happen. Since you know everything.
I don’t know everything. Have never made that claim. But, I am pretty good at making observations and drawing realistic conclusions. OD handed their drivers bonuses this week. On the other hand, Saia took away benefits and is making other cost savings move. It looks to me like Saia has a cash flow problem. And with a this pandemic and all of the uncertainty that comes with it, a reasonable person could surmise that this is only the beginning of the cuts.

I don’t know everything. Have never made that claim. But, I am pretty good at making observations and drawing realistic conclusions. OD handed their drivers bonuses this week. On the other hand, Saia took away benefits and is making other cost savings move. It looks to me like Saia has a cash flow problem. And with a this pandemic and all of the uncertainty that comes with it, a reasonable person could surmise that this is only the beginning of the cuts.
OD can have their $500 bonus and use it to pay for their insurance. SAIA gave 5 more personal days which comes out to more than $1,000. But I’m sure you already knew that.

WHAT????? You don't know everything? you don't claim you do?
That's proof enough for me...... You are not a truck driver!!!!

OD can have their $500 bonus and use it to pay for their insurance. SAIA gave 5 more personal days which comes out to more than $1,000. But I’m sure you already knew that.
They can use their discretionary match that they get at the beginning of the year to pay for their insurance and then some.

5 extra sick days is about $1100.00, sure.

The raise we aren’t getting— at the end of the year, equals out to more than $2500 (.02cpm on a 500 mile run + $1.40 per hour).

The 401k match equals out to about $3000.00 ($2000.00 a week x 6% / 2 x 52 weeks).

we’re at a net negative of $4500.00 for the year.

Hey Buck (actually it should be doe } why do you care so much about what goes on around SAIA? Is it that you are bitter because you can't work here any more ? You parted ways with them years ago( I believe part of your settlement after you sued them) and every time something comes up you start . I guess I should expect that though seeing as how you masquerade as a man on this site when you're actually a woman. Do you do this to try to get our respect because your afraid drivers won't respect you ? I don't understand why you can't let your bitterness for them go . Stay Safe

Yes they actually played romeo delight i couldnt believe it , woke me up on that linehaul and mean street is my beer drinkin song
When i saw them in 1981 they opened the show with Romeo Delight. Fave band to see in concert. Anyway how bout how Saia is doing us ? Are they being proactive to a situation , or using it to their advantage ? GO.........

In the decades i have worked here, i have been treated fairly. Not all can ,or will say that, but i can. Just speaking for myself, i have had complaints how they have done things , and im hoping they are just getting ahead of a situation b4 it gets worse. Only time will tell. Cant fault them for trying to save jobs. Hope my wife doesnt see this cuz im a glass half empty dude. This will ruin my reputation.

401k match suspended. Offered early retirement. 5 more personal days. Upper directors and officers taking 5% pay cut . Expected to defer July raises. Not good kiddos.

Its a publicly traded company I went through it with vitran express nothing good is gonna come out of this, money makes money and when that doesn't happen employees go fyi unemployment now pays 1100.00
a week