SAIA | Are You Surprised ?

In the decades i have worked here, i have been treated fairly. Not all can ,or will say that, but i can. Just speaking for myself, i have had complaints how they have done things , and im hoping they are just getting ahead of a situation b4 it gets worse. Only time will tell. Cant fault them for trying to save jobs. Hope my wife doesnt see this cuz im a glass half empty dude. This will ruin my reputation.
Its a publicly traded company I went through it with vitran express nothing good is gonna come out of this, money makes money and when that doesn't happen employees go fyi unemployment now pays 1100.00
a week
Were you at 55 & pulaski

Its a publicly traded company I went through it with vitran express nothing good is gonna come out of this, money makes money and when that doesn't happen employees go fyi unemployment now pays 1100.00
a week
Are you really comparing Vitran to Saia ? Saia made it through the 08 recession . Did Vitran?

Last edited:
a week
Are you really comparing Vitran to Saia ? We made it through the 08 recession . Did yall ?
not at all,
Any public company will cut bigtime to keep money in the big shots pocket I've been there just using vitran as an example good luck with all

ps we were bought in 2014 by vitran everything went down hill from there just saying

not at all,
Any public company will cut bigtime to keep money in the big shots pocket I've been there just using vitran as an example good luck with all
Fair enough, i dont want any one to lose their job no matter what it is. Hell even prostitution is taking a hit right now. Dont ask me how i know. Ok ask me , no dont. Anywho, im sorry for those that have lost their jobs and i love seeing the great U.S.A coming together to try and help their citizens. Im sure im gonna take heat for my rah rah USA comment, but let me give a pre emptive .:fingure:

Last edited:
Fair enough, i dont want any one to lose their job no matter what it is. Hell even prostitution is taking a hit right now. Dont ask me how i know. Ok ask me , no dont. Anywho, im sorry for those that have lost their jobs and i love seeing the great U.S.A coming together to try and help their citizens. Im sure im gonna take heat for my rah rah USA comment, but let me give a pre emptive .:fingure:
hahah my kinda man good luck brothers of the corn

Rah rah rah I’m right there with ya

Wow this thread went off the rails quick - yes they cut & there may be more coming or maybe there won't everything is up in the air right now. That being said on the west coast I haven't seen too many cuts on the line side & freight levels haven't dropped too much (I did get cut last night but that was because I didn't have a meet driver even though I had freight to move)... I have no idea what's going on in the rest of the country though

I made it through '08 and if all we lose is the 401k match for awhile I can live with that.. yes I'm a line driver which is another way of saying I'm gonna bitch about everything but at the end of the day I still have a job & my bills are still getting paid.

OD is handing out bonuses BTW. Let that sink in
Before you go making a look how good OD is doing and how Saia is going to hell statement, you might want to read through the comments, on the OD forum, with respect to this bonus.
From what I'm hearing, Saia freight levels are decent, all things considered, and runs are being made. I would rather have Saia's interim solution; 5 extra personal days and the option of taking a few weeks of unpaid job protected leave and the no match 401-k, than $500 before tax bonus. Now, if things do go South, then you may see layoffs and pay redaction but for the time being there has been nothing like that. Let's keep our fingers crossed and let OD have their $500.

Before you go making a look how good OD is doing and how Saia is going to hell statement, you might want to read through the comments, on the OD forum, with respect to this bonus.
From what I'm hearing, Saia freight levels are decent, all things considered, and runs are being made. I would rather have Saia's interim solution; 5 extra personal days and the option of taking a few weeks of unpaid job protected leave and the no match 401-k, than $500 before tax bonus. Now, if things do go South, then you may see layoffs and pay redaction but for the time being there has been nothing like that. Let's keep our fingers crossed and let OD have their $500.

But after tax, that's almost a weeks groceries.

Shrewd is what it is. Times are uncertain. 401k suspension should be offset by expected market gains. Everyone will receive a govt stimulus check for varying amounts. Assuming we keep working, aside from the occasional cut, we shouldn’t get the handout IMO. Email sent after Trump announcement but before Q1 reporting. Shrewd and I tip my cap.

Brothers of the corn? Enlighten me please . Am i missing out on corn
I’ll be the first to say I talk a lot of smack about this company and the incompetent bafoons running it but I have to say, this is a conservative move that most companies will probably do, in some fashion. So far, I’m ok with it, we’ll see if they screw its up though.

I’ll be the first to say I talk a lot of smack about this company and the incompetent bafoons running it but I have to say, this is a conservative move that most companies will probably do, in some fashion. So far, I’m ok with it, we’ll see if they screw its up though.

Think I'll call your boss and tell him you called him a bafoon.