ABF | Arkansas Best Loses $13.4 Million In First Quarter!

Judy and Slagle are making sure that DIVIDENDS get paid on ABF stock.... Between the 2 of them, they are 'profiting' big off of that (dividend paid)..& making the company look bad (cooking the books) in the process ( killing 2 birds in 1 stone).... DIVIDEND paid-out money, has to go towards ABF losses for the last 3-4 years !!!

Them two crooks figured out how to do it and look bad to the IBT.

Ha!....Good One, Brother Freightmaster!.....Judy in Disguise........stroke of genius!...pretty much describes the whole situation....Yup,...I bet the tears are flowing, they are hanging on each others' shoulders......Gordon and Tyson are heartbroken over their loss....grieving....stricken......ready to reach for our collective wallets to help them out....who cares if we can't afford college for our children....We've got to keep ABF afloat!...No matter how badly mismanaged it is!

Stoney, what company keeps paying DIVIDENDS on stock, while a company is suppose to be loosing MONEY !!!

How many shares of ABF stock do you have STONEY?

Stoney, what company keeps paying DIVIDENDS on stock, while a company is suppose to be loosing MONEY !!!

How many shares of ABF stock do you have
This may be a dumb question, but how does a company pay dividends when losing that much money ?

So the evidence you have is to ask another question? Sounds like a conspiracy.

in my opinion they are still paying the dividend because if they didnt the stock price would probably tank. dividend paying stocks are in a class by themselves and usually bought up by stock funds. With no dividend they would be sold by those funds which would tank the price.

in my opinion they are still paying the dividend because if they didnt the stock price would probably tank. dividend paying stocks are in a class by themselves and usually bought up by stock funds. With no dividend they would be sold by those funds which would tank the price.
That is what they have said in the past but paying out dividends while losing money doesn't make sense to me.

All the nons are making record profits. Why is your employer having trouble? Maybe the pension contributions for people that never worked for abf? Yrc had an excuse. What's abfs?

This is Arkansas Best not ABF. I am sure that the aquisition write off for the black ***** cat is in here somewhere. 13mil. is peanuts for the normally slow time of the year. Remember this is not a real operating number, but and an accounting number.
This is where we need to hear from that lawson dude.
To Stoney; Every company cookes the books to some degree or the other. Is it illegal ?? Yes, but only to you get caught. IMO the fine is generally less than you got away with.

All the nons are making record profits. Why is your employer having trouble? Maybe the pension contributions for people that never worked for abf? Yrc had an excuse. What's abfs?
Yes...the non-Union carriers are making record profit. And you will still take a pay cut if we take any sort of concession.......

Yes...the non-Union carriers are making record profit. And you will still take a pay cut if we take any sort of concession.......

why the union companies are lowering the bar,and due to the driver shortage which is what really controls driver pay these days. stop living in the past, its overand you just cant face the facts. a concession of wages and benefits is coming or you will faulter like cf. no strike no power. settle soon or you have to work for nothing as u are already on 5 weeks of returning money to the company.

why the union companies are lowering the bar,and due to the driver shortage which is what really controls driver pay these days. stop living in the past, its overand you just cant face the facts. a concession of wages and benefits is coming or you will faulter like cf. no strike no power. settle soon or you have to work for nothing as u are already on 5 weeks of returning money to the company.

A Contract like you are talking about is a no vote from me. Sorry I am not going to make my family pay for whatever is going to happen. Now for example if they want to give us stock for a signing bonus, Profit sharing, pay raises, just like when management receives theirs, If they want us to take cuts, then make it equal cuts for top down. When they get a raise, then we get the same raise. That will be more acceptable and may have a chance of passing. Our pension still has to be protected.

Last edited by a moderator:
A Contract like you are talking about is a no vote from me. Sorry I am not going to make my family pay for whatever is going to happen. Now for example if they want to give us stock for a signing bonus, Profit sharing, pay raises, just like when management receives theirs, If they want us to take cuts, then make it equal cuts for top down to the bottom. When they get a raise, then we get the same raise. That will be more acceptable and may have a chance of passing. Cuts in our pension is unacceptable.
Their not going to touch the pension because they can't!The liability is to high for them not to continue paying into it.So their looking at other ways ie:H&W,Wages,And flexibility to offset the pension cost.

A Contract like you are talking about is a no vote from me. Sorry I am not going to make my family pay for whatever is going to happen. Now for example if they want to give us stock for a signing bonus, Profit sharing, pay raises, just like when management receives theirs, If they want us to take cuts, then make it equal cuts for top down. When they get a raise, then we get the same raise. That will be more acceptable and may have a chance of passing. Our pension still has to be protected.
your vote won't even matter. Wipe that ass with that ballot. IBT will cast your vote in a manner that will benefit them. You guys are blind. If abf is cookin the books, like you guys say, I'm sure IBT does back door deals. Wake up driver cause this is how it works

Their not going to touch the pension because they can't!The liability is to high for them not to continue paying into it.So their looking at other ways ie:H&W,Wages,And flexibility to offset the pension cost.

You are correct they are not trying to change our pension's, but it is being done in a different way.

IBT Backs Plan to Allow Some Pension Cuts | Teamsters for a Democratic Union

Judy McReynolds, president and chief executive of Arkansas Best Corp. ABFS -9.00% , is among executives who back the coalition’s proposals. The company’s ABF Freight System unit participates in 25 multiemployer plans, and has 7,500 Teamster employees, two-thirds of whom are enrolled in troubled plans. She said half of ABF’s annual pension contributions of $132 million are for people who never worked for the company, and that its contributions are 14 times greater than those of competitors. “This is not sustainable,” she said. “It is imperative that we find concrete solutions.”

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/pe...ld-hit-some-retirees-2013-04-15?siteid=yhoof2

your vote won't even matter. Wipe that ass with that ballot. IBT will cast your vote in a manner that will benefit them. You guys are blind. If abf is cookin the books, like you guys say, I'm sure IBT does back door deals. Wake up driver cause this is how it works

Well if it does happen, be prepared to take your next set of wage and health cuts, You seem to forget that your wages, benefits depends on what will happen to us....

ITS COMING WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT

There is a difference between ABF and CF. Cf wanted to close their doors as soon as Conway was able to go coast to coast. I don't Think ABF wants to close their doors, but I could be wrong.