TForce | Assuming this fails.

Although I don't trust any union rep.'s I feel that you are better off with some outside representation.
As when it was non-union Overnite being just us and the company,it was always their way or the highway.
At least as dues payers you do have a little protection,maybe very little.
However a little is better than none at all!

Remember folks...the IBT, works for us not the other way around. Do the math with your dues over five years. Then multiply that by 12000+. The Union can work a little...ok a lot harder than this for us. But when you're in bed with your master (UPS), doing the right thing goes out the door. STRIKE or WILDCAT STRIKE! All is far in love and war. Just don't expect small pak to walk lock step with us in our battle for a fair contract. Two Unions, Two Companies.

Remember folks...the IBT, works for us not the other way around. Do the math with your dues over five years. Then multiply that by 12000+. The Union can work a little...ok a lot harder than this for us. But when you're in bed with your master (UPS), doing the right thing goes out the door. STRIKE or WILDCAT STRIKE! All is far in love and war. Just don't expect small pak to walk lock step with us in our battle for a fair contract. Two Unions, Two Companies.

I think this contract will pass. Even if the majority votes no. The union is using Obama tactics. We are even getting ABF ballots now...

There is another way to get the company's attention.
However it is very risky & everyone has to be on the same page.
Which with such a large company as UPS could be almost next to impossible.

Not to strike,but a work slow down,not making the numbers is a real attention getter.

But like I say if it is carried out by only a few I'm sure there would be replacements ready & willing to step in.
While the trouble makers are kicked to the curb.

Striking really only hurts the strikers in the long run,if a strikes goes on any length of time.
No matter what is gained by a work stoppage for the next contract.
It is likely you'd never get back what was lost in pay & bennies for the duration of the walk out.

i know this much, if this pile of crap passes, ill be going down to the hall the very next business day and going fair share.
for them to try and say this is "contract to be proud of" is a kick to the balls of all of us working.
if i have to work under that contract ill be paying alot less to the union in dues for the duration of it.

i know this much, if this pile of crap passes, ill be going down to the hall the very next business day and going fair share.
for them to try and say this is "contract to be proud of" is a kick to the balls of all of us working.
if i have to work under that contract ill be paying alot less to the union in dues for the duration of it.
Tell me more about this"fair share".

There is another way to get the company's attention.
However it is very risky & everyone has to be on the same page.
Which with such a large company as UPS could be almost next to impossible.

Not to strike,but a work slow down,not making the numbers is a real attention getter.

But like I say if it is carried out by only a few I'm sure there would be replacements ready & willing to step in.
While the trouble makers are kicked to the curb.

Striking really only hurts the strikers in the long run,if a strikes goes on any length of time.
No matter what is gained by a work stoppage for the next contract.
It is likely you'd never get back what was lost in pay & bennies for the duration of the walk out.

I never worried about losses and not being able to make it up. I always look ahead never back. Sometimes it takes some losses to make gains.