FedEx Freight | Attendance points screw

onepnchko

Dock Slave
Credits
I have been in the dock 5 years now and had 4 different OMs... When i started i was quickly asked to help run load zones as a mentor and i did. When not running zones i was number 1 in production. Consistently for years. When our newest managers reign of terror started i told him i wasnt going to run zones anymore for him, wasnt going to play ball.....

Before any time i called in i wasnt given points. As far as i knew i had none or if any 1 or 2 because. At 3 i would be given written. Since i hadnt i thought i was ok.

So i call off and when i return am hit with4.5 points. Sup said OM told him to apply all my points...6 mo back.. Then it progresses to 5.5 probation and critical, then late and now im on administrative leave on the chopping block....

What do i do?

Did you get paid personal time? If so argue that they were approved absences + you weren't written. Thin but worth a try.

Can't speak specificly to dock process but
you've got to get with H/R, or call hotline
Because, they are supposed to do several verbal
coaching then a couple of written, before
Jumping to critical written. Good luck with HR,
Hotline call may be better as is creates a
Paper trail with confirmed follow up.

I have been in the dock 5 years now and had 4 different OMs... When i started i was quickly asked to help run load zones as a mentor and i did. When not running zones i was number 1 in production. Consistently for years. When our newest managers reign of terror started i told him i wasnt going to run zones anymore for him, wasnt going to play ball.....

Before any time i called in i wasnt given points. As far as i knew i had none or if any 1 or 2 because. At 3 i would be given written. Since i hadnt i thought i was ok.

So i call off and when i return am hit with4.5 points. Sup said OM told him to apply all my points...6 mo back.. Then it progresses to 5.5 probation and critical, then late and now im on administrative leave on the chopping block....

What do i do?

Vote yes !

Those points come off after 6mo so ask why are they still there and you want to see the write Ups you gotten for being absent in the past

What do i do?

Come to work?

I just recently brought this up with a dock supervisor and he agreed...

Company policy should be that every time you get a point for absence or a half point for being late, it should be in writing. How can they secretly keep a tally and then just suddenly say to you one day that you have 6 points and you're fired?

Doesn't sound like there is much you can do my friend. You didn't show up to work and or were late too many times, thats all on you. Best of luck.

Max 2 pts a week.How much have you been out.

It's max two points a week I believe on if you call out sick all week long. If you have car issues one day, then sick another, then car issues again the 3rd then I believe you can get three points for that. Also if you are late every day you can rack up 2.5 points (.5 for each tardy) if i am not mistaken.

Don't forget, the guy said all was lovely, till he quit playing ball, and just wanted to do his job, then, BAM, retroactive write ups.

Still call 866-423-3339, and speak your mind, respectfully, if you can.

Last edited by a moderator:
Will call the hotline, and yes i did call off and was late, things of my fault but if they would have given me write ups and i knew i was at even 3 points i wouldnt have called off!

Also once you get 2nd occurrence you have to have a coaching and management has to get with you every occurrence or tardy there after. They didn't do there job, so you should get a get out of jail free card.

Your attendance does suck so if you get lucky and keep your job. Show up and be on time! Even with all the bs this is a good paying job! If you did get coaching and such you will be fired!

No coachings just a written at 3.5.., straight bs. I know its a good paying job and i have put my heart into our center....thats why its so upsetting...