FedEx Freight | Attendance policy

Gator

Outstanding Member
Credits
Why do we have a policy that rewards bad employees and punishes good ones?This morning on the way to work 5 am some kids threw some cinder blocks in the road a guess what I hit one and I receive two flat tires. So waiting for a wrecker I have to call In and have the run covered. 1 occurance received for it. I feel its a penalty and I was on my way in.In the mean time I'm waiting for a medical test to be ran and don't know yet what day it will be but when they finally schedule it I can guarantee that day will be filled can't give it to you but I will have to take it now 2 occurances.God forbid If I have a follow up. Now that would be 3 occurances. Would hate to have a spouse die and after 3 days berievement pay good luck taking care of the legal issues. Leave of absence has to be taken in blocks not day by day.I think its just plain silly that if I'm a red shirt and all this takes place no questions asked. And I find it funny if you don't have any time to cover the day off and its a medical emergency no occurance.1 aloud every 6 months with a doctors excuse. But if you have time for the same situation then its a occurance.So now I'm penalized just for having personal or vacation time on the books. 18 years here and never had any trouble till now and its seems to me don't get sick,no one should die and leave you to take care of it,and don't break down on the way in to work, Because if you didn't schedule all this back at the first of the year when you put in for vacation your done.

I have seen drivers be truthful and explain they why they cant make it to work.. and get a point...and ive seen drivers say that they are sick and nothing is done about it...so what do we do tell the truth or say that we are sick?

Its because no common sense is used anymore. Its not a case by case thing, we are all grouped in to one. This way of doing things has never made no sense to me but its the way Fedex wants it. I think this is just one of the reasons why this type of enforcement breeds the I don't care attitude.

I know why the policy is in place. It's to keep people from calling off every Friday or Monday.

I went round and round with the regional HR guy about how it is against the law to punish a commercial driver for refusing to operate a commericial vehicle when that driver is fatigued or ill. I showed him the regulation and the workplace law.

It went nowhere. I was told that's the way it is and no one has ever been fired for attendence points.

Guardrail

You really have to try hard to get fired for attendance at FXF, if it's a health issue, that is what they make FMLA for, get it and use it if you need it.

The first week I started here I saw a driver ask for a day off for his daughters hastily planned wedding.I dont know why it was during the week but it was still a couple of months off.He was told by ops mgr " I aint makin no promises but I'll see what I can do. "

He was told by ops mgr " I aint makin no promises but I'll see what I can do. "

And with that, I would have said, I tried doing it the right way, putting in for it, but, just to let you know, don't count on me for that day, I wont be here!!!

make sure you say i am sick when you call in.1 occurance,2 days off for sickness 1 occurance,if you take of and tell them to put it as a occurance 1 day is 1 occurance,2 days 2 occurances,be sure you tell dispatch you are sick,2 days 1 occurance,live ,learn,use rules to your advantage.friday and monday 2 occurances if sick also,peace,love,breadsticks

The first week I started here I saw a driver ask for a day off for his daughters hastily planned wedding.I dont know why it was during the week but it was still a couple of months off.He was told by ops mgr " I aint makin no promises but I'll see what I can do. "

Was he the one who had to carry the shotgun???

ST

Also there is a little wording in there that states if you can not make it to work because of your car issues it's 2 points. Not just one point if your sick.

BeerBoy said:
Also there is a little wording in there that states if you can not make it to work because of your car issues it's 2 points. Not just one point if your sick.

My old workplace always said transportation isn't an excuse.

So, if you call in on Monday or Friday it's 2 occurrences no matter what the excuse? What if u call in Monday and Tuesday and say your sick? Is that 3 occurrences or 2?? Confused in OH

Two consecutive days in a row sick is one point. Friday and Monday is two points. (one point each day) Max of two points a week if sick.

Guardrail

Came home last night to a leaking water heater, wonder how many points that's gonna be? Called in and told them no hot water and Momma was not happy!!!!

You're not getting it. No matter what, you are sick. I always say I'm having eye problems. I can't see coming to work.