Holland | August 705 Meetings

Unionist

TB Lurker
Credits
It has been said that Mr. P. S****ch has been replaced at the table by someone from Yellow. Heard that through "channels"

Hope this one is correct as this guy has been nothing but stiff at the table. "This language has served us well for 40 years", ya and we the members have been taking it up the wazoo, what an idiot.

Also, the possibility exsists that either Mr. T. K**gel or Mr. TY** J*hns*n will be at the table as an observer.

Heard the second one from a BA.

All we can hope for is that these moves are for the positive, and not undue pressure from the international.

Time will tell if these items come to fruition.

UPS Chicago had an overwhelming strike authorization vote turn out, 2,993 Yes, 232 No

In Solidarity and Brotherhood.

I would think Mr TJ would need an invite to attend this. This really is no concern of theirs is it not? We bargain on our own and always have with no direction from the Int other than the NMFA as a starting point.
Maybe they need to steer clear of our business and keep their *expertise* elsewhere? Like start cleaning up the mess you made countrywide.
What have you done for us lately TJ? We don't need your "forward thinking" in Chicago.

Mr. T J

I would think Mr TJ would need an invite to attend this. This really is no concern of theirs is it not? We bargain on our own and always have with no direction from the Int other than the NMFA as a starting point.
Maybe they need to steer clear of our business and keep their *expertise* elsewhere? Like start cleaning up the mess you made countrywide.
What have you done for us lately TJ? We don't need your "forward thinking" in Chicago.

Right on!

Two ways to look at it, 1, is it a show of support by the International?

2, or would he be here to pressure Steve into being a team player?

Use your imagination on the laters consequences.

Time will tell.

In Solidarity and Brotherhood

Heard yesterday that Steve was on WBBM indicating that UPS could get a strike, didn't hear it myself but several others did.

Anybody know what happened to "Spell Check" can't seem to utilise it anymore after recent page changes, Hey Jeff where's spell check?

Look below:

Post Icons

You may choose an icon for your message from the following list:

Submit Reply ***** Preview Post ***** Spell Check

705 Leadership/Sun Times

Right on!

Two ways to look at it, 1, is it a show of support by the International?

2, or would he be here to pressure Steve into being a team player?

Use your imagination on the laters consequences.

Time will tell.

Heard yesterday that Steve was on WBBM indicating that UPS could get a strike, didn't hear it myself but several others did.

Anybody know what happened to "Spell Check" can't seem to utilise it anymore after recent page changes, Hey Jeff where's spell check?

Someone posted an article from the Sun Times Newspaper/Chicago in the terminal today.

Area UPS workers brace for strike over pay, benefits

July 25, 2008

BY FRANCINE KNOWLES [email protected]
A strike by United Parcel Service workers could hit the Chicago metropolitan area next week.

Teamsters Local 705 will launch a strike a week from today against the world's biggest package delivery company if the two sides aren't able to reach agreement on a new contract, said the local's Secretary-Treasurer Steve Pocztowski.

UPS workers could go on strike a week from today.
(AP file)

The union represents roughly 11,000 drivers, package handlers and other part-time and full-time UPS workers in the Chicago area, where the hourly pay currently ranges between roughly $8.50 and $28, Pocztowski said.

Talks also are under way between UPS and Teamsters Local 710 in Chicago, which represents about 6,000 workers. But no strike authorization vote has been set by that local, according to UPS. The local couldn't be reached for comment.

Local 705 workers voted overwhelmingly Sunday to authorize a strike if a fair agreement isn't reached. It is seeking a $1-an-hour wage increase across the board and a $1-an-hour increase in benefits, sad Pocztowski, a former UPS driver.

UPS offered a 30-cent-an-hour increase, he said, an offer Pocztowski labeled "an insult."

Besides pay and benefits, remaining issues include subcontracting work and job security, Pocztowski said.

The six-year UPS contracts at Local 710 and 705 expire at 12:01 a.m. Aug. 1.

UPS spokesman Norman Black said it's not unusual for a strike authorization vote to be taken as a contract expiration nears. He said the company is confident "we're going to get a contract that rewards our people" at Local 710 and 705 and that is good for the company and its customers.

UPS negotiated a five-year national agreement last year covering roughly 220,000 workers elsewhere that boosted wages 2.7 percent and also increased benefits, Black said.

UPS and Local 705 are scheduled to meet again July 29 and 31, Pocztowski said.

"We are done with them at 4:30 p.m. on the 31st," he said, if an agreement is not reached.

Wonder WHY after all this time he didn't tell that to TMI/Freight already?

Hi BH, #1 You just got a raise, #2 I'm sure you meant "it takes TOO long", and as far as the word fire is concerned it depends on what part of town you live in whether you use "f" or "ph". LOL.
But on a more serious note the spell checker has not been working for me either.

God Bless America.

Lumpersam

Hi BH, #1 You just got a raise, #2 I'm sure you meant "it takes TOO long", and as far as the word fire is concerned it depends on what part of town you live in whether you use "f" or "ph". LOL.
But on a more serious note the spell checker has not been working for me either.

God Bless America.

Lumpersam

The spell check is gone as I post and Jeff is working on it. When you see it again it should be fixed, I think? Lump, its not nice very smart two embarrass your own mod, lol. Thanks for the correction.

Number one I always welcome new members and number two I didn't know the answer to his question so unlike some people I don't make something up just to act like I did. Did I miss welcoming you to the boards :hide:? If I did I'm sorry and let me just say this, "Welcome to Truckingboards Hayseed glad to have you" :1036316054:.

Rumour has it that IBT told S.P. at 705 if he did not allow the IBT to come in and get the UPS contract settled that the IBT would place 705 in trusteeship and suddenly there is a T.A. with UPS...assuming that to be true, one could conclude that T.J. or T.K. observing the negs with TMI is a pre-cursor to the same tactics regarding the freight agreement... brothers and sisters at 705, you may want to prepare to have the NMFA (or something very similar) shoved down your throats... in any event good luck...

What are the requirements for placing a Local in Trusteeship? What misappropriations would or have triggered that? The 705 isn't part of the NMFA. We don't vote on it, never have. We negotiate independant of the NMFA.
See my point?

Trusteeship info

What are the requirements for placing a Local in Trusteeship? What misappropriations would or have triggered that? The 705 isn't part of the NMFA. We don't vote on it, never have. We negotiate independant of the NMFA.
See my point?

I believe that info can be found here:

http://www.dol.gov/esa/regs/statutes/olms/lmrda.htm

http://www.teamster.org/about/const/consti...on_June2006.pdf

I would also reccommend you read the Consent Decree as well. There is a little known section in there that entitles you as a Member to go to the IBT Building in DC and review any written report issued by the IRB ("Upon completion of an investigation, the Independent Review Board shall issue a written report detailing its findings, charges, and recommendations concerning the discipline of union officers, members, employees, and representatives and concerning the placing in trusteeship of any IBT subordinate body. Such written reports shall be available during business hours for public inspection at the IBT office in Washington, D.C.") That section as well as the Consent Decree in it's entirety can be viewed at: Consent Decree

Got this off Teamster.Net