Yellow | Bancruptcy On The Horizon

We had a merger meeting in Seattle today at the union hall. The union reps that went down to Dallas for the big meeting said a lot of other union higher ups at the meeting don't think YRC will get the new loans they are seeking next month. They think YRC is going down....:sadwavey:

We had a merger meeting in Seattle today at the union hall. The union reps that went down to Dallas for the big meeting said a lot of other union higher ups at the meeting don't think YRC will get the new loans they are seeking next month. They think YRC is going down....:sadwavey:

My mother is going to turn over in her grave and slap you seven ways from Sunday, before you even attempt to enter the gates of heaven.

Your a sick individual, :shutup2:you need help, ask God to forgive you, spreading these rumors of this type, assures me you need friends, you are not making friends this way.

"A man that hath friends must show himself friendly: and there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother."

"Faithful are the wounds of a friend, but the kisses of an enemy are deceitful."

Wishing or spreading this type thing can come back to haunt you, you think you are getting away with trying too make others feel pain and despair......"NOT.A.CHANCE"

I can understand now why you are so lonely, your angry because someone besides you has hope. I understand your discouraged, depressed which makes you rebellious.

Ask forgiveness of your brother, receive the blessings, have happiness, with his authority and power there's salvation in answered prayers.

"You should have fear of him that can deliver, obey his word and do all that I speak,
I will be an enemy unto thine enemies, and an adversary unto thine adversaries."

Man I came up with 3 different insults real quick. Decided some things are better left unsaid. :biglaugh: :roll1: :Poke:
I thought of some great comments also, but I was trying to keep it clean. I almost posted some funny stuff, but I better not. I don't want to offend anyone. Tempting....very tempting. :tapedshut:

I thought of some great comments also, but I was trying to keep it clean. I almost posted some funny stuff, but I better not. I don't want to offend anyone. Tempting....very tempting. :tapedshut:
Ya gotta be careful, Annio may be peeking. :shock: :grinning-smiley-021

I am...I am....

I'm not allowed to be funny anymore...but, OH BOY.....IF I WAS ALLOWED! :smilie_132:

I'm not allowed to be funny anymore...but, OH BOY.....IF I WAS ALLOWED! :smilie_132:
I'm guessing that we could throw this tread into the gutter real quick if we posted our dirty little comments right now. But, we better not. Of course, us truck drivers probably don't have many "dirty" things to talk about.:biglaugh:

I'm told.....and I'm not trying to be funny here (really Jack, I'm not)....that the Jif-locs are really dirty...REALLY dirty. HAHAHAH...oops!

I would love to see you haters put in Bills position and see what better you can do. Just be thankful right now that you have a job and you are bringing in some money other then the people who are not and worried where the next check is coming from.

First off I would run Yellow/Roadway like a trucking company not an investment firm. I would fine tune MY organization before I went out and spent my excess capitol on buying companies that are in worse shape then Y/R.
Secondly I would push my sales reps to go out and actively sell volume, full pups, and ltl to areas where we are moving MT equipment to satisfy equipment deficits.

Thirdly reprice, why charge an arm and a leg to perform a service that other people are charging way less then us to do the same movements? Be price competative, so you don't make $100 a bill profit you are only making $50 or $60.

Fourth .....Do away with the matrix. It forces you to work less men then you really need. Put the extra men on the street so you can make all the deliveries(instead of holding loads, because you didn't workthe 3 extra men you sent home today that you could have really used). And now because you are short you have to start calling some shippers and make a lame excuse as to why you cannot make their pick up today and ask them if you can make it tomorrow, and please don't recall the pickup because if you do it will send up a redflag and someone in the home office will want to know why we missed the pickup. LIE Tell the customer that we had alot of men book off today, instead of the truth, we walked 4 men today so therefore we created a shortage of man power. Some dispatchers are the best liars I have ever met.

I can see you walking men if you legitamitly don't have the work, but holding loads and then walking people ..............nonsense!!

And if you really look at what $$DOLLARS$$ does he cuts non union employees, to save salaries, sells terminals and leases them back to show capitol, cuts seniority lists to save money, buys other companies to cut competition and loses money doing it and the customer base also. He never does anything to proactively seek new bussiness and grow the bussines volume , just cut,cut,cut,cut, and more cuts.

And also take a look at the change of operations in NJ alone only 2 terminals closed and all the others stayed open. I thought this whole coo's purpose was to save money. Why would you take freight out of profitable terminals, move the freight to other terminals which now are going to have longer stem times, keep 2 terminals in carlstad, less then 1 mile apart and take so much freight from the other terminals and tell people with the territory you are keeping you are going to do more work??? Show me........................ because I'm a non believer. I think they are doing this so they don't have to move men around, cut the seniority lists to less than 50 So they don't have to pay WARN Act monies or give the sixty day notice and wait for the ILA contract to expire so they can do away with the ILA, and make it easier down the road close more terminals and sell them for big profits. I (and this is my opinion) feel that there are going to be many more job losses in the future of this co. They haven't shown me anything to believe otherwise.

I work at one of those Carlstadt terminals and i could not agree with you more. There are 64 men on our seniority list and after all of this imaginary bullshit numbers game, maybe just maybe we will have work for about 20 men. Follow your work doesn't exist anymore in the state of YRC new jersey.:ranting2::furious::thumbsdown:

What are you talking about??????????

:duh:Call it spreading a rumor if you want, but those words came out our secretary treasurers (Rick Hicks #174) mouth 1/31/09. I have been on layoff and I have found other Teamster employment. The pay and benefits are not in the same league, but at least I am getting hours toward my Teamsters retirement. I urge you to live in the now, and not live your life with hopes and prayers. Don't you remember what happened when CF went down? It hasn't been that long.

My mother is going to turn over in her grave and slap you seven ways from Sunday, before you even attempt to enter the gates of heaven.

Your a sick individual, :shutup2:you need help, ask God to forgive you, spreading these rumors of this type, assures me you need friends, you are not making friends this way.

"A man that hath friends must show himself friendly: and there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother."

"Faithful are the wounds of a friend, but the kisses of an enemy are deceitful."

Wishing or spreading this type thing can come back to haunt you, you think you are getting away with trying too make others feel pain and despair......"NOT.A.CHANCE"

I can understand now why you are so lonely, your angry because someone besides you has hope. I understand your discouraged, depressed which makes you rebellious.

Ask forgiveness of your brother, receive the blessings, have happiness, with his authority and power there's salvation in answered prayers.

"You should have fear of him that can deliver, obey his word and do all that I speak,
I will be an enemy unto thine enemies, and an adversary unto thine adversaries."

Let's correct the facts here. ABF never has filed bankrupcy. They took themselves private to avoid a jostile takeover and then a few years later reemerged as a public company again. Also when they asked the emplyess for a 15% wage reduction it was voted down by the union membership. ABF survivied anyway. Still, they are in disaster mode too righ now. They just had lays offs in their general office for the first time since 1980. They are closing smaller terminals, cutting back on equipment and cutting back on company travel to cut costs. The economy is hitting everyone.

G Whiz ABF is profitable cuz they have a boss that understands freight, we don't Zollars is an ^&&%$. Don't matter if your from Yellow or Roadway, Zollars and Yellow Corp are going to drive the whole shootin match into bankruptcy soon. The banks are probably getting tired of the make it look good on paper tactics Dollar Bill uses . It's a wonder to me why the board of directors keeps that guy on board. I feel the best with this company is in my past pre Yellow Corp buying Roadway because even with the industry in poor shape in the past Roadway made money. When it comes to pass and we are in bankruptcy then the company will get more concessions and we will get less and less. The good old days are gone for this outfit and turning it around would take more then OLD BILL can do with his limited talent. I have hope but it can only sustain me so far.

G Whiz ABF is profitable cuz they have a boss that understands freight, we don't Zollars is an ^&&%$. Don't matter if your from Yellow or Roadway, Zollars and Yellow Corp are going to drive the whole shootin match into bankruptcy soon. The banks are probably getting tired of the make it look good on paper tactics Dollar Bill uses . It's a wonder to me why the board of directors keeps that guy on board. I feel the best with this company is in my past pre Yellow Corp buying Roadway because even with the industry in poor shape in the past Roadway made money. When it comes to pass and we are in bankruptcy then the company will get more concessions and we will get less and less. The good old days are gone for this outfit and turning it around would take more then OLD BILL can do with his limited talent. I have hope but it can only sustain me so far.

Lead Follow or Get Out Of The Way

Redhawkflhtcu, I think Bill is following in the footsteps of Maurice Myer's. let's hope he can make history repeat itself.

1951: Yellow declares bankruptcy

1950s-60s: Turnaround and Rapid Expansion

The 1980 deregulation of the trucking industry, amid a wave of deregulation that occurred during the Reagan administration, caught Yellow by surprise. Gone were the restrictions on truck routes, and with it the $34 million per year Yellow earned through licensing fees charged to other companies to use its routes.

In early 1996, with the company floundering, George Powell III resigned from his post as president and CEO. He was replaced by A. Maurice Myers
Myers's turnaround plan did not consist solely of cost-cutting. He believed that for Yellow to be successful it had to become more flexible and diverse, offering a portfolio of services rather than strictly less-than-truckload shipping

Meanwhile, Yellow rid itself of its struggling subsidiary Preston Trucking. In November 1999, having restored Yellow to profitability, the company's "turnaround CEO," Maurice Myers, resigned. He was replaced by William Zollars, who had served as the president of Yellow Freight since 1996 and had been instrumental in the restructuring at that subsidiary.

Bill Zollars is no cherry to restructuring, I , as many think he's made some mistakes. but he's the President of our company, the Broad must trust him, he;s still there, just like Obama,the people want him there, so I will give him my support until such time the people (broad in this case) no longer trust him.

I encourage each and everyone to stand behind your company, it's life it's self to many people, many family's depend on Bill Zollars decision's, I also hope his decision's save the company.

His decision has my terminal closing, and have every right to be upset, just like many, because I only need 12 weeks benefits for a pension, but his decision's are whats best for the company as a whole, he is at present time our leader.

Please support the company, those of you that can work as a team, to make YRC prosperous in the future.

"Lead, follow, or get out of the Way"

Your an idiot following the board think for yourself dim-wit. You can't see that they don't have a clue as to how to run this these companies I bet you think G.W. Bush was a great President too ? Like sheep & cattle being led to the slaughter SAD. Don't look toward others for leadership pin head look with in. ಠ▄ಠ & Stalin were leaders. What happen to them & the people who went along with them because they could not see what was right from wrong ?

Your an idiot following the board think for yourself dim-wit. You can't see that they don't have a clue as to how to run this these companies I bet you think G.W. Bush was a great President too ? Like sheep & cattle being led to the slaughter SAD. Don't look toward others for leadership pin head look with in. ಠ▄ಠ & Stalin were leaders. What happen to them & the people who went along with them because they could not see what was right from wrong ?

htown-motorman;pin head528387 said:
Your an idiot think for yourself dim-wit
I don't have a clue as to how to run this these companies, but
think G.W. Bush was a great President

Like sheep & cattle being led, What happen to them & the people who went along with them because they could not see what was right from wrong ?

I can answer the last two for you, Jesus was a good Shepard and lead the people to salvation,

ಠ▄ಠ & Stalin were not leaders, but rather deceitful mean and corrupt demons of Grief,
Sadness, Doubts and Failure.

Which do you choose to follow ? I choose to follow Righteousness and spread Blessings, Guidance, Power of Resources, Happiness and Protection.

Each one of us is entitled to their own opinion

If you are a recipient of a blessing,

Keep the blessing working

'Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

"A sharp tongue can cut your own throat."

I think it would be smart move to let New Penn run YRC. They have always made money with operation ratio in the high 80's I forgot, send Zollars packing.