Yellow | Barn rules being threatend at 326

heavyheavy

TB Lurker
Credits
The 326 terminal has had a barn rule in place for 35 to 40 years and the terminal manager ( Ernie ) has had the SOMs preshift that the men are no longer able to go by the existing barn rules because the new MOU takes charge. What a mess. This place needs new leadership. The IBT needs to step in ASAP and put this moron in his place and NOW! Any other barns across the country dealing with this same issue? There was nothing in the MOU that stated it would overtake local barn rules or supplements except the discipline issue.

The shop was told last Friday that the 5 min wash period was being done away with and same with the Local cartage men Sunday Morning with their 5 min early out punch for the Half mile walk they have to walk that has been in place since the 70s. The DC manager (East Coast Ernie) gave his speech today to the midnight and 0800 shift stating the mou took out the barn rules and other agreements that would be discussed through the week. I guess whenever it suits them. Nobody voted on that crap!

its probably because as we have been told everything will be ruled by the time clock kronos ..
btw at my 3 breaks ive been at we have always been told there is no wash up time in the contract

The shop was told last Friday that the 5 min wash period was being done away with and same with the Local cartage men Sunday Morning with their 5 min early out punch for the Half mile walk they have to walk that has been in place since the 70s. The DC manager (East Coast Ernie) gave his speech today to the midnight and 0800 shift stating the mou took out the barn rules and other agreements that would be discussed through the week. I guess whenever it suits them. Nobody voted on that crap!
This is the kinda crap that voting out of fear causes. You've just seen the tip of the iceberg! Stay tuned.

As far as cartage Teamsters, I agree it's a violation. But aren't mechanics IAM? Why would their rules change?

All local work rules were suppose to have been reset at the merge, some terminals did not push it others did, I wonder if this a result of not changing anything back then?

Whenever they go after something like this, which is really an inconsequential amount of time, they are just saying by their actions, management has no fault, all the faults with the company are labor faults. This after labor bailed out their sorry asses.

The 326 terminal has had a barn rule in place for 35 to 40 years and the terminal manager ( Ernie ) has had the SOMs preshift that the men are no longer able to go by the existing barn rules because the new MOU takes charge. What a mess. This place needs new leadership. The IBT needs to step in ASAP and put this moron in his place and NOW! Any other barns across the country dealing with this same issue? There was nothing in the MOU that stated it would overtake local barn rules or supplements except the discipline issue.

This is just a guess and ONLY a guess, but is this something good that was abused by a few and now everyone is being punished? Just curious.

This same thing happened on the West Coast when the last MOU went into effect. That is how they changed the 10% rule to the new absentee rule out here. If they do it the same way, you will be given the new work rules that will have been signed off by someone at your local and the international. They will say it is to standardize the work rules to stop confusion. Good luck, as said before there will be more changes than you know right now.

This is just a guess and ONLY a guess, but is this something good that was abused by a few and now everyone is being punished? Just curious.

I think it's all about Kronos, making everything standard and work the same way taking management out of adjusting the time card business, plus it allows KC to issue the letter remotely for punching in late, out early................I wouldn't be surprised to see a fax number for your doctor to fax your note directly to Kronos............................

I agree with supercourse. Just more bullcrap for the people that bailed there butts out. They were begging people to save the company by bringing in the members one or two at a time, now they are throwing it back in our faces that we voted it in now live with it. Per our DC manager ( east coast Ernie ). 326 has a shop that is local 41 teamsters and mechanics that are IAM. This isn't over yet as far as they want to keep shoving it in our faces, but sure would think they would of been smarter the way they went about it here at 326 considering we are around 3500 plus bills behind.

[QUOTE=Local cartage men Sunday Morning with their 5 min early out punch for the Half mile walk they have to walk that has been in place since the 70s. The DC manager (East Coast

Hmmm, the DC I worked at there was a jeep for every dock worker, and most of them drove the jeep to the time clock, Just sayin', can't remember anyone walking much, except supervisors.

I find it hard to believe this type of behaviour comes as a surprise to anyone. For them to kill a past practice is only a past practice of theirs over the last 5 years. Gentlemen adjust your thinking caps and dig in safely to protect not only your labor rights but also your human dignity. It will be tested to great length now that YRC has gotten in writing a sign licence to do whatever it so please for 5years.
Mind over Anger !