Baseball

Stan Smith

TB Regular
Credits
First I bought the Mickey Mantle book yesterday simply because I like books on people.

thumbnail.aspx

Then I rent Moneyball last night because it was the only one that looked like it could be good with good ratings. It was really good too.

[video=youtube_share;-4QPVo0UIzc]http://youtu.be/-4QPVo0UIzc[/video]

In the next couple weeks I'll be going to Florida and its just in time for Spring training. Is there a way for me to watch them practice or should I just get to a game?

Don't know what area your going to in Florida but maybe this link will help you Florida's Grapefruit League - Major League Baseball's Pre-Season in Florida . I have gone to some games in AZ and Florida during the spring and I love it . The prices are very reasonable and you can see the old timers and the young guns all trying to make a team . It's really something I thing all baseball fans should experience at least once . I'm also a big big fan of minor league baseball and I'm lucky we have two teams class 1 withing 40 miles of me . I can also drive and see a class 3 club about a hour and a half away .

R-14Driver said:
Don't know what area your going to in Florida but maybe this link will help you Florida's Grapefruit League - Major League Baseball's Pre-Season in Florida . I have gone to some games in AZ and Florida during the spring and I love it . The prices are very reasonable and you can see the old timers and the young guns all trying to make a team . It's really something I thing all baseball fans should experience at least once . I'm also a big big fan of minor league baseball and I'm lucky we have two teams class 1 withing 40 miles of me . I can also drive and see a class 3 club about a hour and a half away .

Orlando area.

Thinking I want to watch practice due to being able to get pictures and autographs. I'm not sure about making a 2 hr drive one way to the coast to see the Phils or other teams. Although, that's where the big names are going to be. There is 2 I can get to close by. One Alanta, in Orlando. Two Houston, in Kisseemee.

Stan, I went & saw an Orioles-Phillies ST game last year. We got there about an hour before the game. Others at the game were saying the morning is a good time to go to the ST complex. You can watch them practice, get close up pics, autographs, etc. The game was a good time, we had never been to ST before. Buy the cheap seats. Sit out in the grass and take in the sushine. You can't go wrong.

Stan, I went & saw an Orioles-Phillies ST game last year. We got there about an hour before the game. Others at the game were saying the morning is a good time to go to the ST complex. You can watch them practice, get close up pics, autographs, etc. The game was a good time, we had never been to ST before. Buy the cheap seats. Sit out in the grass and take in the sunshine. You can't go wrong.

Trying to figure out how to play it. I could make the drive to Clearwater and make the day out of it. I'll have a couple little ones so I'm not sure if they'll be able to handle the baseball for a long period of time. You know how that goes, 5 minutes there and okay lets go sets in for them. Unless they can run around and play or something. Would really like to see the Yanks and Phils due to all the stars there but I read that the Phils isn't the most fan friendly place to go due to having fences everywhere. Now the Pirates, Rays , and another team I was reading is pretty old school. The players have to walk from field to field through the crowds and everywhere they go.

Nice little link I found...

http://floridarambler.com/florida-getaways/florida-spring-training-2012/

Clearwater is not a good place to get out of. Thankfully we had GPS, we might still be driving around Clearwater lol. We stay close to Fort Myers. Made the driver to Clearwater and back same day. I won't do that again. Next time I'm booking a hotel close by the field. We might see a Sox or Twins game this year, they have ST in Fort Myers. I'm wanting to get to the Everglades again. Sanibel Island too. We will be there in 6 days! Can't wait.

I was looking at some of those prices on the island. Nice, but get out your checkbook!

Another nice link with some ideas I came across. Really thinking about going to either a Tigers game now and checking out the college nearby to see the famous builders work or the Pirates. Ugh , this is torture....

5 other things to do on Braves spring-training trip | Atlanta Braves

We only visit Sanibel. 2 daughters live in Cape Coral. We bought a house there to retire to but have it rented out year round for now. My younger daughter is getting married on Sanibel last weekend of May. Being the father of the bride....gulp. It is going to be a small wedding and my checkbook says thanks.