FedEx Freight | Before VOTE Reading. Remember

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly some of the anit union crowd insinuates that we want to bankrupt the company this is the furthest thing from the truth, we just want what we have earned our piece of the pie.

In the other thread you said you have been here for two years? What have you earned? Do your time junior and earn it.

In the other thread you said you have been here for two years? What have you earned? Do your time junior and earn it.

It doesnt matter how long i have been here. All of the guys i work with respect me and have worked at this company a long time that is why we are going to make it better real soon.

Exactly some of the anit union crowd insinuates that we want to bankrupt the company this is the furthest thing from the truth, we just want what we have earned our piece of the pie.

One would think we've earned a more competitive benefit package, without greatly effecting profitability. Although there are some who feel we should sacrifice, just a little bit more... Push just a bit harder, tighten our belt just a little bit more, while our position as drivers in the LTL market declines, just a little bit more... in comparison to the competition.

Recap, emergency room cost:
UPS: $25 co pay; waived if admitted or within 72 hrs of accident; non‐emergency (Deductibles: None)

Teamcare: 100%, on first day of accident only, otherwise 80% after deductible (Deductibles: 2014 $50/$100, 2015 $100/$200, 2016 $150/$300, 2017 $200/$400)

FXFE Premium: 80% coverage after deductible **A $500 co pay in addition to coinsurance & deductible will apply for the third and any subsequent ER visits for an individual. ER co pay will be waived if admitted. (Deductibles: $1,200 individual, $3,600 family.)

FXFE Choice: 70% coverage after deductible **A $500 co pay in addition to coinsurance & deductible will apply for the third and any subsequent ER visits for an individual. ER co pay will be waived if admitted. (Deductibles: $2,250 individual, $4,500 family.)

ttt........................................................

"The Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that last year median weekly earnings for union members were $200 higher than for non-union workers. That's not pocket change, and it doesn't even account for the superior benefits enjoyed by union members," said Labor Secretary Thomas Perez.

Compensation: There is more to this than just a weekly paycheck. The entire package is well behind the competition. Lets recall the insurance.

http://teamsterslocal804.org/sites/teamsterslocal804.org/files/c6_enhanced_comparison_to_ups_3_0.pdf

A little comparative analysis is in order, don't you think?

The KEY to Balance, in the relationship, is a YES vote, for representation.

Be Pro Company AND Pro Union. Vote Yes! I know I will.

Most of us came into the FedEx mix from Co.s that shared the wealth and prosperity. Gains were shared. FedEx is not like that, instead choosing to compensate at the minimum level that the market will bear. Gains are not shared. :(

There was a brief period where gains were shared via the quarterly bonus. That program was quietly discontinued... :mad:

Union representation offers some balance and (generally) insures that workers share in the prosperity. Also Union workers are (generally) significantly better compensated. Until I see something that indicates a trend reversal here at FedEx, or some shared gains, I have little choice but to support organization efforts. :cool:

I don't believe the vast majority of the YES voters want to bankrupt the company. I do believe that many YES voters don't understand the magnitude/financial impact that slice of pie would have.

Swamp Ratt,

Your 401(k) is more than 50% more than your pension. Why not include those figures in what the company is doing for your retirement?

How much does FedEx match? Their website only says they match a portion, but doesn't define the portion.

ex396, they match 50% up to 6% of gross. When the pension was started, it utilized discretionary dollars, that once went into 401k. Same dollars different pile.

My point being, in the past, increased profitability was shared... On purpose, through higher wages, making us the highest paid non-union company at the time of the purchase. That is no longer the case, and I think it is by design. Almost nothing happens at FedEx, by accident.

Status
Not open for further replies.