Yellow | Best Route To 187 from 211

axlethedriver said:
what terminal is 187? at lot of us guys don't venture past the central interchange
Hey axle........187 is what my friend Animo calls BROOOKLAND, NY. :watsup: DS.

Welcome to Brooklyn...
home of the never dying pumpkins.

When coming over the GW Bridge, there are a few options. One is to stay on 95 North till you see the signs for the Whitestone Bridge. Take that down 678 till you hit 495. Take 495 West toward Manhattan and get off at Maurice Ave. Make a left at the first light and take that to "confusion corner". At "confusion corner", you will see the Clinton Diner. Come through that intersection and keep the diner on your left hand side, go across the train tracks to the next intersection (Paige Place, Yellow's Terminal on the corner) and make a left, take that to next corner, (Grand Ave, New Penn on right corner) and make a right. Go across the swinging drawbridge and make first right into 187's yard.

The other option is to come over the GW and take 87 south to the Triboro Bridge. Once you cross the Triboro, you have to make the first right and then the first immediate left onto Astoria Blvd., in order to come under the elevated train legally. Ride on Astoria Blvd for about 6 lights till you see a split off to the right and signs that say 278 Bklyn Queens Expy. Get on 278 until the second exit for 58th St. Go straight through one light and make the next left at 58th St. Take 58th St until you come to "confusion corner" and follow the same directions as above.

OR....pass the 58th St exits and cross the Koskiusko Bridge and take the first exit after the bridge (Meeker/Morgan Aves). Make first left at the light onto Vandervort St. and take until Vandervort ends at Grand St. Make a left across the Metropolitan Ave drawbridge and go to the second light. Make a left at the light for one block (Grand St.), make a right on Grand and take that until you see Roadway 187 on your left. Enter through the second gate just before the swinging drawbridge.

We have one driver domiciled at 187 that runs 211. His name is Jeff R. You can always try to hook up with him at 211 and ask his advice. Just tell him you spoke to the big guy, he'll know it was me.

here in omaha,ne (381). the rumor is that they are going to go from akron staight to omaha. bypass chigo (309) and bypass rock island (371). they sent a driver (steward) and a asst. t.o.m. here last sunday in the same truck to see if they could do it leagally. i guess they did it in 10.25 hrs. so it can be done. who knows if it will or not. just lettin you all know they are trying new things.welcome to the new yrw.

Ran the whitestone once, been the corkscrew for me ever since. Hell some guys even go over the throggs, too scared I think.

Quick correction for BQE (278) directions.
I mentioned taking the 2nd exit for 58th st when in essence, the signs are marked for 2 Queens Blvd exits. 58ths St is only shown on the second exit sign. Hope this helps.

Animo916 said:
Welcome to Brooklyn...
home of the never dying pumpkins.

When coming over the GW Bridge, there are a few options. One is to stay on 95 North till you see the signs for the Whitestone Bridge. Take that down 678 till you hit 495. Take 495 West toward Manhattan and get off at Maurice Ave. Make a left at the first light and take that to "confusion corner". At "confusion corner", you will see the Clinton Diner. Come through that intersection and keep the diner on your left hand side, go across the train tracks to the next intersection (Paige Place, Yellow's Terminal on the corner) and make a left, take that to next corner, (Grand Ave, New Penn on right corner) and make a right. Go across the swinging drawbridge and make first right into 187's yard.

Just got back from 187 I went 678 to 495 and never even got lost lol. Thank you.

Hey animo, Not sure anyone makes that right and quick left anymore off the triboro. Think all of us go straight under the EL

serta said:
Hey animo, Not sure anyone makes that right and quick left anymore off the triboro. Think all of us go straight under the EL
Although the trucks will make it under the trestle, it is marked 12 & change which would mean we are overheight. If DOT or Hiway Police are nearby, you will get pulled over.

Animo916 said:
Although the trucks will make it under the trestle, it is marked 12 & change which would mean we are overheight. If DOT or Hiway Police are nearby, you will get pulled over.

I can vouch for that. Got a $150 fine for going under that el about 9 years ago. It's marked 12'6" ( though you could barely read it with all the soot covering it). You can fit under it with a 13'6", with a full half inch to spare. Took the turn after that.

yo.....

the reason the 'queens highway' cops get their tits in a wringer over the 31st 'el' clearance is because of the toilet sewer pipe below the train station on the eastbound side of bridge plaza......

for many years they didn't care about it...

the token booth clerks cannot go potty after a truck takes down the poopy pipe (this has happened a gazillion times) and they refuse to open up the token booth....

the mta (metropolitan transit authority) calls up the nypd and complains about lost revenues at the subway station and nypd gets their 'elite' unit of 6' 4" leather jacketed (⊙▃⊙) looking goons (queens highway) to enforce the law.....

this was told to me by a cop from the 111th precinct (could be wrong on the precinct number because i get the 109, 110, 111, and 112 confused, one is on northern blvd, one is on 43rd avenue, one is on astoria blvd, and on is in forest hills) which is right on astoria blvd 2 blocks from the overpass while he was giving me a ticket for taking the shortcut from laguardia airport to hazen street and rikers island way back when.....

it made sense to me as i could go under the 'el' with my straight truck and saw the pipe for myself (4" cast iron pipe wrapped with insulation)....

look it up at Urban Legends Reference Pages and see if it's an urban legend.......

mikeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Mikeeee is wrong about the size of the cops.I saw one of their leather jackets and they were size 6 xxxx.

lol... well I gotta tell you, half the time I go through there, theres a bear or dot man sitting there on the corner. Never get even a look.

Better Directions to 187!

From 211 go Copley Rd, 21 N, 77S, 76E, 80 E to exit 299 Tannersville. Make a left and go 1 mile. Park Unit on drop line, Go into Relay and tell them dumb BAS^%$#! to let the 120 drivers do their job! Take cab to Hotel, Come out on rest and return to 211!
Simple Eh?

metroman said:
From 211 go Copley Rd, 21 N, 77S, 76E, 80 E to exit 299 Tannersville. Make a left and go 1 mile. Park Unit on drop line, Go into Relay and tell them dumb BAS^%$#! to let the 120 drivers do their job! Take cab to Hotel, Come out on rest and return to 211!
Simple Eh?
:Bondage: Give them this also.:Bondage: