XPO | Big changes coming for linehaul

draggin wagons

TB Lurker
Credits
Based on lmtd info we're getting from mgmt, l/h runs as we know them will be a thing of the past. Get ready for lay downs. Brad Jacobs has said numerous times "drivers will be getting more miles". Anywhere within 10 to 11hrs of your sic is possible, depending on where you are geographically. As far as jsp, we may not know what bid options will be for a while yet. And seniority at some sics will change. Jacobs said, thru synergy, smaller unprofitable terminals will be shut down, so there will be dsrs transferring throughput the system. Not right away, but it will happen. And there may be some dsrs close enough to retirement who choose to leave rather than change. These are just a few of many changes in our near future.

Based on lmtd info we're getting from mgmt, l/h runs as we know them will be a thing of the past. Get ready for lay downs. Brad Jacobs has said numerous times "drivers will be getting more miles". Anywhere within 10 to 11hrs of your sic is possible, depending on where you are geographically. As far as jsp, we may not know what bid options will be for a while yet. And seniority at some sics will change. Jacobs said, thru synergy, smaller unprofitable terminals will be shut down, so there will be dsrs transferring throughput the system. Not right away, but it will happen. And there may be some dsrs close enough to retirement who choose to leave rather than change. These are just a few of many changes in our near future.

Well, that isn't a big surprise. Many have speculated that we would very quickly start to look a lot like the rest of the industry. And Con-way was trying to close terminals and/or eliminate some of the overlap in the terminals. A bunch of drivers might turn into snow birds and fly south if given the chance. There are plenty of jobs in the system. Ain't no drivers gonna be without work unless they don't want to work. One of the big things a company will do after a take over is make things uncomfortable for the senior guys. They receive more in compensation than new guys do and that goes straight to the bottom line. As many have said, the easiest way to show an immediate profit is to effect labor. And this guy don't care about you, me or anybody. He wants to increase his revenue. And he will.

I also heard that we training Sirian Refugees. I saw several pulling sets down the highway already. They are also staying with the older driver's families to help take over at the house once they take your job. On the even brighter side they don't drink so your beer is safe.
The info I posted isn't anything that Jacobs hasn't said, or anything our mgmt isn't hearing on conference calls. Too many dsrs and others are trying to create panic, and some are expending their energy making s#!+ up. You sound like you're in a class of your own. I'll just stick to posting rational info. You go ahead and keep trying to be a comedian and snag a few likes on your threads, or whatever gets you thru the day. Your turn hero.

The info I posted isn't anything that Jacobs hasn't said, or anything our mgmt isn't hearing on conference calls. Too many dsrs and others are trying to create panic, and some are expending their energy making s#!+ up. You sound like you're in a class of your own. I'll just stick to posting rational info. You go ahead and keep trying to be a comedian and snag a few likes on your threads, or whatever gets you thru the day. Your turn hero.
You sound like a drama queen. You have read into what Jacobs has said. Were you in on management conference calls ? And your the rational one ? Hah. By the way you forgot to hit the like button. Oh and welcome to the Trucking Boards and congrats on your first post. Your gonna be fun to watch. Good Day Sir.

I welcome lay down runs! Bring them on NOW! Lets get this show on the road so we can finally get some new trucks, trailers, and more freight!

It really looks like you are aiming at producing premature panic. Why bother even trying to guess what will happen? You smell like a troll anyway, hell of a first post!

no one knows any facts and prob. not know for awhile these rumors are all good just to pass the time of day and thats what we do every day keep the money flowing mr. jacobs that is all i want keep it flowing:emoticon digging:

no one knows any facts and prob. not know for awhile these rumors are all good just to pass the time of day and thats what we do every day keep the money flowing mr. jacobs that is all i want keep it flowing:emoticon digging:
He's going to keep it flowing alright! Like a hemophiliac on blood thinners!

With all due respect, your tm doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground. Some of these tm's and fos's are the worst gossipers and rumour mongers we have.

With all due respect, your tm doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground. Some of these tm's and fos's are the worst gossipers and rumour mongers we have.
Haven't heard anything from fos's, and don't put much stock into what comes out of most of their mouths. Reg. Mgr and a scm have been the source of lmtd info they've gotten from conference calls. And yes a lot of mgmt around this place love to stir the pot and have for years. I see people posting a lot of ideas and scenarios on here and I see some are quick to post replies in opposition, but I never see the people disagreeing, posting anything of substance in return. Yes there are many possibilities for what might come, and no, I don't think that we're going to have all lay down runs, but I'd say we will become such a hybrid operation with things like "last mile" service and intermodal, just as a couple of examples, that l/h as many of us have known it for yrs, will drastically change. ???

Haven't heard anything from fos's, and don't put much stock into what comes out of most of their mouths. Reg. Mgr and a scm have been the source of lmtd info they've gotten from conference calls. And yes a lot of mgmt around this place love to stir the pot and have for years. I see people posting a lot of ideas and scenarios on here and I see some are quick to post replies in opposition, but I never see the people disagreeing, posting anything of substance in return. Yes there are many possibilities for what might come, and no, I don't think that we're going to have all lay down runs, but I'd say we will become such a hybrid operation with things like "last mile" service and intermodal, just as a couple of examples, that l/h as many of us have known it for yrs, will drastically change. ???

It'll change. But drastically ? Estes runs L/H. So does OD. And Saia. And so on. They are all different. But they are all really very much the same. Might be some meets. Might be some laydowns. Will probably still be a whole lot of terminal turns. Likely more vias. And maybe finally there will be dock hands doing dock work and truck drivers driving trucks. Not sure any of this is horrific or radical mind boggling stuff.

It'll change. But drastically ? Estes runs L/H. So does OD. And Saia. And so on. They are all different. But they are all really very much the same. Might be some meets. Might be some laydowns. Will probably still be a whole lot of terminal turns. Likely more vias. And maybe finally there will be dock hands doing dock work and truck drivers driving trucks. Not sure any of this is horrific or radical mind boggling stuff.

Biggest thing y'all need to change is moving freight 250 miles and breaking a trailer...