XPO | Big changes coming

Rumors the Bates who came from Old Dominion and is now COO is implementing fundamental changes to our entire system to make it more efficient/profitable . This is being laid out this week to management.
Xpo is hell bent to get o/r in the 70 ‘s and the only way to get there is make big changes.

Last edited:
Optional dock work was the first step. I’m betting minimal dock work for dsr’s in the near future.
Sounds good...but dockworkers disappear when it gets cold outside.

Also , dockworkers get upset by the pay difference once they realize it exists between them and drivers.

XPO would need a LOT more dockworkers and if they want them to be any good , and if they want them to stay , the pay needs to be raised.

Raising the dockworker pay kind of defeats the point of them being more cost effective than drivers.

This goes to a bigger overall problem: ACCOUNTABILITY

Maybe if you raise the pay for your employees and increase the benefits , the employees will be more vested in the job , and make an effort to do the job correctly.

Right now XPO is neck deep in You-Get-What-You-Pay-For

Hey that’s what I dealt with working for them in the south. I think it’s only fair to make the policy even across the board.
Please be VERY SPECIFIC about making it even across the board!

If you don't say that you mean O/T after 8 hours and O/T after 40 hours , some high up butthead will make it O/T after 50...ALL ACROSS THE BOARD.

My OT after 50 hours was meant as satire but if we’re being real here…cut guys loose after 8. If you are an OT who-er good for you, you can catch my late pick ups.

They definitely going to have to make substantial changes to reach the 70 O/R . It’s going to be at interesting.

Please be VERY SPECIFIC about making it even across the board!

If you don't say that you mean O/T after 8 hours and O/T after 40 hours , some high up butthead will make it O/T after 50...ALL ACROSS THE BOARD.
I’d prefer to see it OT after 8 for everyone. But if they made it OT after 50 for everyone that wouldn’t break my heart. Granted, I don’t work there anymore so I don’t have a dog in the fight, but I worked 3 years for OT after 50. Nobody getting OT after 8 seemed to give a ::shit:: about us…

Nobody getting OT after 8 seemed to give a ::::::shit:::::: about us…
That’s not true ! There was at one time a 12 terminals who voted to try and make a change including some down south. Apparently some of those guys in the south were just fine with no O/T till after 50 because they resisted enough to beat out the union. Also they continue to vote for politicians who make it impossible for unions to thrive. So the guys who don’t get O/T after 8 have nobody to blame but themselves. Closed case.

Strange times we live in . Working people continue to side with and support corporations and politicians who do not have their best interest mind. Until this changes workers will struggle.

Last edited:
That’s not true ! There was at one time a 12 terminals who voted to try and make a change including some down south. Apparently some of those guys in the south were just fine with no O/T till after 50 because they resisted enough to beat out the union. Also they continue to vote for politicians who make it impossible for unions to thrive. So the guys who don’t get O/T after 8 have nobody to blame but themselves. Closed case.

Strange times we live in . Working people continue to side with and support corporations and politicians who do not have their best interest mind. Until this changes workers will struggle.
It would have taken a mass movement of terminals in X and U territories to force their hand. But guys in those territories would rather laugh at the guys down south rather than to lift a finger to help.