XPO | Big Meeting

Haywould

TB Lurker
Credits
I'm suprised noone is speculating on this "Big meeting" there going to have monday morning at all the central terminals. There supposed to announce some "earth shattering" announcement. I would think the drivers on here could come up with some rumors like there shutting the doors or there going to fire everyone with 10 or more years. I've been off for 5 months and even I've heard about this meeting. Get with it! your disapointing me!:bye1:

Haywould said:
I'm suprised noone is speculating on this "Big meeting" there going to have Monday morning at all the central terminals. There supposed to announce some "earth shattering" announcement. I would think the drivers on here could come up with some rumors like there shutting the doors or there going to fire everyone with 10 or more years. I've been off for 5 months and even I've heard about this meeting. Get with it! your disappointing me!:bye1:
this is the first i have heard of this meeting but i have been on vacation for 2 weeks. also I've been avoiding my scm.:smillie_flag:

At XCO I have only heard one person talk about it, has been a couple weeks ago maybe even a month ago?. He was talking about some big anouncement in Sept. Never thought much more about it and never heard anything more about it? Maybe thats what he was talking about, but I havn't heard anything about a big meeting. Maybe i'm in the dark though?

Its been talked about! The pension, Sick days and Insurance. Where have you been? I'll know @ 9:00 or 10:00 and I'll post it. I know ther is a 15 min video (thats not good) that goes along with it. The whole meeting is supposed to last 30 min.

So much for "Big news" I just talked to my FOM, He's a pretty decent guy, He told that the meeting was a "Power of the dream" video and we sign the poster again. No big deal.

this is the attitude that miller is fostering... under the previous president, a simple video and poster signing would have been talked about openly right off the bat... all this secrecy over nothing only fuels the speculation and rumours... but maybe that's what he wants...

October dudes, October..... Round and bout the 15th is what I'm hearing. Pension will be froze and we go to all 401K is what i'm hearing. Also heard they ain't gonna say the whole thing. Gonna give it to us in bits and pieces a little at a time so as to not upset the troops. Heard they hired a consult group who told them to do it this way cause they are worried about a big bad reaction from us. Guess the balance of the pension is in the wings. We're about a month away, just be prepared to take a major hit while ICP is going to come in about 40% at the rate we're going and the big dogs will bring over a mil to the bank with their 95% + ICP, second bouns above ICP, and stock options. Time to read YAHOO financials if this is a surprise to you. Ever hear ...the rich get richer while the poor get poorer??? Middle class is disappearing from this company too! Wake up people!

red dawn said:
October dudes, October..... Round and bout the 15th is what I'm hearing. Pension will be froze and we go to all 401K is what i'm hearing. Also heard they ain't gonna say the whole thing. Gonna give it to us in bits and pieces a little at a time so as to not upset the troops. Heard they hired a consult group who told them to do it this way cause they are worried about a big bad reaction from us. Guess the balance of the pension is in the wings. We're about a month away, just be prepared to take a major hit while ICP is going to come in about 40% at the rate we're going and the big dogs will bring over a mil to the bank with their 95% + ICP, second bouns above ICP, and stock options. Time to read YAHOO financials if this is a surprise to you. Ever hear ...the rich get richer while the poor get poorer??? Middle class is disappearing from this company too! Wake up people!
i'm no longer at con-way, and i know this is all true. was told by a former management person that is now at my company. all this crap goin down makes me look even smarter for :bananalama: outta that joint when i did.

up north said:
this is the attitude that miller is fostering... under the previous president, a simple video and poster signing would have been talked about openly right off the bat... all this secrecy over nothing only fuels the speculation and rumours... but maybe that's what he wants...
He only wants what we want.Too make sure the share holder are taken care of,And us.

if that's the case, why does he run this company the way he does??? intimidation, secrecy???? It seems like it's the old school mentality of management; information is on a need to know basis, and we don't need to know....

Con-Way management can do no more to hold their stock up. Keeps dropping daily and they are just about done selling everything they can to maintain value. Next stop buyout! So we have to do now is endure secrecy, cost cutting measures like eliminating the pension plan, and having a formula of terminating top rate drivers to try and stem off the tide. Secrecy is all they had until truckingboards ............