Bill LOVES New Penn

Discussion in 'New Penn' started by uncle wiggly, Jan 28, 2008.

1. owlpuss

owlpuss Member

what job did you lose that you loved so much ?

2. owlpuss

owlpuss Member

i am part of my union and i will do what it needs me to do for it.

3. owlpuss

owlpuss Member

meanwhile peoplle like fof keep antiunion crap here at trucking boardas

4. CFer

CFer Active Member

Let it go owlpuss.

Thanks

5. owlpuss

owlpuss Member

I will cfer . i worked at cf in chicopee ma during layoffs in albany

6. Friend of the frog

Friend of the frog Member

That is great. Its always good to have connections in the industry when the company you work for treads water. :1036316054:

7. imported_MR-UPSFREIGHT

imported_MR-UPSFREIGHT Member

Mr Owlpussy

Mr Puss y

Think about what you are righting about me !!!!!!

I had 15 yrs with Redstar and 10 more with other union companies [25yrs ] and my father had 40 yrs with the teamsters. So to call me anti-union is way off base.

SO ALL I CAN SAY TO YOU IS :butt kiss:

Thank you for you time teamster brother.

8. flstc2000

flstc2000 Member

FotF ... always good to read your stuff. Very interesting and informative.
    My only disagreement is with your assessment that NP is being primed for a sale. Nothing is impossible, however in today's corporate anti-union climate, just who would purchase New Penn ? I would suspect only another union carrier, and they ( I mean both ) seem over burdened ( UPS -- UPS Freight ? ) or reluctant to deal with the union ( ABF ), so in your opinion, what carrier do you feel could step up, work with an existing unionized workforce and have the necessary money for the purchase ?

9. CFer

CFer Active Member

While agree with your concept flstc2000 there is one thing your not thinking of. Thats a sale to senior management.

You just know the corporate big boys could easily come up with the money to but the company if Yellow ever decided to sell. That is exactly what Steve O was planning when Yellow bought Roadway in the event that Yellow didn't want New Penn

10. Friend of the frog

Cfer - you beat me to the punch.

The scary part is that the senior management team can easily come up with the capital to make the purchase, but then you have a David vs Goliath situation once again.

Can a small union company still exist in today's climate ??

The track record is not so good

11. imported_fathertrucker

imported_fathertrucker Member

CFER, just curious, how might it be that you came to know what Steve O was thinking and doing during the Roadway sale to Yellow?

12. Friend of the frog

Thanks for your two cents Larry Literal:hysterical:l

13. CFer

CFer Active Member

I have my sources and they are extremely reliable. :1036316054: You can take what I said as a fact.

14. CFer

CFer Active Member

Thats a good point FoTF but I do think if it came down to it, New Penn could do it by themselves. They may not operate like they used to but they have carved out a solid piece of business in their core market and service it very well.

15. flstc2000

flstc2000 Member

Have to admit I didn't think of that one. Senior management putting together a purchase is possible, however I feel the attitude within the terminal level management may cause some concern with their ability to carry out the type of professionalism needed to keep the company on top. Meaning, a lot has changed at NP, including local management, and we are seeing people that are not accustomed to the way NP operated. A lot has changed in the past 5 years.
    I think NP will continue to be a part of YRC while they slowly retract the Holland group from unprofitable areas and readjust the regional business. That seems to me like a long range plan.

16. owlpuss

owlpuss Member

with 25 years vested why would you join the company that only a couple of years prior to redstars closeing were trying to run us over as we tried to orginize overnight? or did you forget about that.

17. crazy

crazy Well-Known Member

With only a few union jobs left in the area I don't think the remaining few were able to hire everyone from Redstar,CF APA etc,sometimes you have to put food on the table and be able to work everyday.I know MR UPSfreight and let me tell you ,he is a stand up guy and the way your carrying on about him you are deadwrong...As far as organizing Overnite,they were not here during the strike.I know FOTF also and he is also a standup guy I know his gripes with the union and I can say I really don't blame him.Time to let it go and give it a rest....
    I believe you are out of Albany so o:smilie_132:n a lighter note Is Capt Jack still running for you guys on linehaul,If he is say hello for me ....:funky:crazy:funky:

18. owlpuss

owlpuss Member

he is roadsteward also