Estes | bitter drivers

TruckN4Jesus

TB Lurker
Credits
You know all I read from the same three or four of you in here is how :shit:ty it is working here and how screwed you get every day, so a simple question...why not quit? Why not find other employment? Is it just easier to post in here and keep all the built up anger? Why? why? why? you are really dragging down the rest of us who do actually enjoy our jobs. I know for myself that if I ever hate working here or anywhere else I would just find another job, lord knows they are out there. So if your interested please post the reason why you do not quit and find another job, because I'm really curious, and no need to attack me like so often you do, and please only drivers, dockworkers, P&D that still work for Estes. It is killin me wondering why and I would really like to understand your thinking on this. This post is not ment to be mean or attack any one person, just trying to figure you guys out.

Be safe! and Happy Holidays!!!

I also hear alot of drivers **** & moan about the company....the management....the equipment...etc. YET...after hearing them complain over & over again...I ask them "why don't you find another job then?" and never do get a decent answer. I think a part of them realizes they have a pretty decent job at our imperfect company and they get away with ALOT that other trucking companies would not tolerate. I'm always the one to say "if you don't like it here..then quit" and only ONE has finally done that after 2 years of complaining out of about 8 or so. I also feel that it's alot easier to complain to co-workers then to get off of their dead butts and take a walk to the other side of the hill where they THINK the grass is greener.

Please

I also hear alot of drivers **** & moan about the company....the management....the equipment...etc. YET...after hearing them complain over & over again...I ask them "why don't you find another job then?" and never do get a decent answer. I think a part of them realizes they have a pretty decent job at our imperfect company and they get away with ALOT that other trucking companies would not tolerate. I'm always the one to say "if you don't like it here..then quit" and only ONE has finally done that after 2 years of complaining out of about 8 or so. I also feel that it's alot easier to complain to co-workers then to get off of their dead butts and take a walk to the other side of the hill where they THINK the grass is greener.

I am sorry but were do you see bitter drivers? :holysheep: Please point out the bitter drivers. I am not bitter .All I wanted was respect , not money taken out of my wallet . I only see concerned people wanting NOT TO GET SCREWED BY THERE EMPLOYER. These people work hard day in day out and you and psychobiller have a problem with people airing how they fell!!!!!! It sounds like you would like to quite the masses, let’s not here what’s wrong!! Don’t look behind the curtains and expose the truth!! And psychobiller did your tm ask you to post that ? please we do know the truth !!!!!!!

boy ,you make a lot of sense.all you have to do is put in an honest days work and quit worrying about everybody elses biz and you'll get the respect you are looking for...

You know all I read from the same three or four of you in here is how :shit:ty it is working here and how screwed you get every day, so a simple question...why not quit? Why not find other employment? Is it just easier to post in here and keep all the built up anger? Why? why? why? you are really dragging down the rest of us who do actually enjoy our jobs. I know for myself that if I ever hate working here or anywhere else I would just find another job, lord knows they are out there. So if your interested please post the reason why you do not quit and find another job, because I'm really curious, and no need to attack me like so often you do, and please only drivers, dockworkers, P&D that still work for Estes. It is killin me wondering why and I would really like to understand your thinking on this. This post is not ment to be mean or attack any one person, just trying to figure you guys out.

this sounds like this was written by a manger not a driver

Why is it that the only answer you can come up with to the issues that have been brought up on these boards is if you don't like it just quit.You see not all employees are willing to turn a blind eye or deny that there are issues and concerns that employees have and try to point them out only to be told by the likes of you to just quit. Just because you deny them does not mean they are not there. You see if it wasn't for the ones who have come before us and spoke up for injustices in the workplace we would be nowhere near the level we are at. Look at the concessions this co. has made when they had a fight on their hands. Trucks turned up,OT dropped to 48 hrs. in the west, breakdown after 1 hr. in the west,no more mandatory dock work on weekends for dock sups. and the list goes on and on. So if you kool aid drinkers want to continue to accept less than in some areas because you feel that decent hourly or mileage pay is sufficient by all means continue to feel this way. After all this is the American system.But just remember when you are on your soapbox speaking about how great you think it is just remember that you got what you have because someone that came before you fought and sacrificed
for you to have it. And I"m sure they were labeled as ungrateful, sniveling crybabies also.

WELCOME TO THE BOARDS MISTER. tell all the drivers you know. and guys some people just want to better their work place. the guys that want change are doing so to better the company. we dont have to agree on what path to take

psychobiller, I only have one question regarding your question." Why don't you find another job then?" And your statement. "If you don't like it here then quit" What would Estes do if all employees who were disgruntled took you up on your question or your statement? Elvis out....

Just up and quitting isn't the easiest thing to do for everyone. For some people, they need the insurance they get. For other's they're really just waiting for something better to come along, and then they will leave. Some of us actually do like working here, but we just think of all that the things other companies give their employees for doing the samethings we do. Yet we wonder how Estes is such a family company. I myself do plan to leave Estes as soon as I have an opportunity. Dock jobs are becoming few and far between, most companies would now rather just hire drivers to do all the dock work. Making the true professional dockworker a thing of the past. It's only a matter of time until this becomes standard practice at Estes anyway. So the whole, if you don't like it quit thing is the biggest cop out answer from employees that are just unable to offer any reason or facts to disprove what the rest of us are asking for or are saying. If it was just that easy to up and quit, I'm sure this company would be out of 1000's of employees. We'll probably all be out of jobs anyway after another year like the one we just had, and the millions of dollars they're spending expanding into states where there isn't any freight.

There has been quite a bit in the 10 years I've worked for the company that really bugged me but every year I weigh the pro's & cons for working at Estes and for now...the pro's for me are still winning. When that changes or I hit the lottery......Adios Estes.

Alot of people never applied to work for estes. After you have put time in then are sold out it is not that easy to go to an on call or extra board job somewhere else. I like my job due to my terminal not my company. I would not have applied at estes if I would have had an idea how they run things.

no this is written by a person who came up in the ranks by starting at daock and working to driver.and is proud of his job.....:smilie_132:

it is a known fact that truckin4jesus is working at corporate.she is not a driver.wake up harleyrider!truckin4jesus is a well known mananger who has a mean streak and likes to "WIN" on truckinboards

back up. see it all has stayed the same no matter how long times goes on people cry and whine