Yellow | Black balling yellow workers

mud_cat

TB Lurker
Credits
Are you guys in other states catching hell finding work? Here in Atlanta area a lot of my old coworkers and Holland employees that I've talk to, are being denied jobs with other LtL companies. I was a city driver for 19 yrs at Yellow and I was told that I didn't have enough city driving experience. I was told they couldn't verify my employment. I've been given every excuse imaginable. Seems as if yellow employees Are being blackballed.

Screenshot_20230823-223132653c1c91e2f239bb.md.jpeg

Are you guys in other states catching hell finding work? Here in Atlanta area a lot of my old coworkers and Holland employees that I've talk to, are being denied jobs with other LtL companies. I was a city driver for 19 yrs at Yellow and I was told that I didn't have enough city driving experience. I was told they couldn't verify my employment. I've been given every excuse imaginable. Seems as if yellow employees Are being blackballed.

They got us over a barrel.

I know of two incidents at SAIA and one of a lesser extent at ADP, where this alleged "blackballing" has occurred. The HR departments are the ones instructed to NOT hire anyone from a previous union company unless out of necessity. Being in this business for over 20rs, you get to know alot of folks who have moved around industry. They share their experiences. Once the hammer came down on Yellow, it was a well known fact that if someone wanted a job at a non-union co, 9 times outta 10 he was being rejected. I was told "they're being careful, HR is calling the shots", etc etc. Sadly, they group us all together

Screenshot_20230818_143826_Facebook.md.jpeg
Many in Atlanta are finding jobs. Some at UPS, ABF and TForce. Some are going to truckload companies. Some are going to Kroger. Some are going to LTL companies that some claim will not hire Yellow drivers, but yet they process them ASAP. I do notice that some said they came dressed for the interview, while some thought they were still at Yellow and came to apply for a job dressed like they were going to Panama City Beach.

Purely anecdotal, but I've heard the same thing here in the Milwaukee area. Dayton in particular. Some of the troops have had luck at XPO,
R&L, and Tforce.

I’m surprised that ABF is laying off Drivers hope they get things going.There a good company well managed.unlike my former employer.

It used to be the TM having the final say so as to whether someone got the job. Not anymore. For example, a guy I know went over to SAIA while Yellow was still opened. The TM & 2 supervisors gave him the green light. It wasn't until some college trained HR nerd interviewed him that things got muddy. That nerd let everyone know that green light just turned red. The end

dfc971d39d021c81e6fbd068808c36b0.jpg
Unfortunately union workers don't have the best reputation out in the world and age has a factor too and how many times people has out on FMLA too , they can research all of this on you ! But Good Luck to all !!

You guys that went down with the ship are now wondering why potential employers are hesitant to hire you ? It's simple, you are viewed as union Loyalist to your own detriment. That being said , the company's your speaking of up in the NW are hiring former Yellow guys sparingly. If you feel your actually being discriminated against document everything and present it to your state Labor department.

You guys that went down with the ship are now wondering why potential employers are hesitant to hire you ? It's simple, you are viewed as union Loyalist to your own detriment. That being said , the company's your speaking of up in the NW are hiring former Yellow guys sparingly. If you feel your actually being discriminated against document everything and present it to your state Labor department.
I guess putting your name on discrimination claim to the state won't make you look like a union loyalist, right?

Guys who stayed at Yellow are seen as union loyalists? I think you have that backwards. Guys who stayed can be seen as company loyalists, willing to help them survive.

PS - I'm willing to bet that the hard line "union loyalists" now act like meek little sheep when applying at a non-union job.