Yellow | Black balling yellow workers

In your post #131 you stated "Blacklists are illegal! So is picking a vendor because of race, gender, or disability so your statement is stupid! Act like you went to at least kindergarten."

In your post #138 you stated "Blacklist are illegal!"

In my post #139 I stated "Being a Teamster and being blacklisted are not the same thing. In addition, blacklisting laws vary by state."

After incorrectly claiming two times that "Blacklists are illegal!" and after I responded that "blacklisting laws vary by state", you come back and now claim that "in most states, it is illegal to blacklist people." What a total phony you are and it's out there for everyone to see.
Waaaaaaa!!!

I wasn't aware of this. Could you provide specifics on these allegations please. I would like to confirm it. Thank you for informing me. You do know what "goon squads" are, correct? They were thugs that trucking companies hired and used to break driver strikes by busting heads of picketing employees. Hoffa accepted the help offered by the mafia to get the muscle to battle the goon squads. That is the chronology of how that happened. You don't go to the mob, they come you with an offer you can't refuse. He made a deal with the devil. It was a mistake and it ultimately destroyed him. If employers treated their employees with dignity, we would not have reams of federal labor laws to constrain them. That is the evidence, like it or not. I understand your anger over Yellow. The difference between Yellow management and ABF management is ABF accepted their contractual obligations and proceeded with the commitment to operate profitably regardless, and so far they have been successful. Yellow never did intend to operate that way and wanted concessions into perpetuity to make up for their managerial inadequacies. That is just the reality of it...

My experience:

I have applied at every LTL company I could think of (except Central Transport). I only heard back from R&L.

I phone interviewed with the R&L terminal manager. He told me I had the job. A couple of days later, HR said "No."

CR England (not LTL but offering home daily jobs) called me and left a message. I called back. The recruiter asked me if I was Yellow. I said, "Yes." He said, "We don't have anything."

Applied at US Food, Sysco, and a large regional unionized beverage distributor. All of whom were aggressively advertising. Heard back from none of them. I'm 57 y/o.

Applied with a couple of tanker outfits (hazmat, doubles). Heard nothing.

Fedex offered me (via email) a sleeper team job. It may have been a computer-generated mass email. I didn't follow up on it. If a sleeper team paid a $1,000,000/yr., maybe I'd consider it. I'll do part time warehouse work before I do sleeper teams.

TForce sent me an email singing the praises of buying my own TForce truck.

ABF ask for my social and then never called back. I assume they saw my home address. (The job is part time and 450 miles from where I live).

Interviewed with USPS. She left me under the impression that I had a job, even took fingerprints. But it's been three working days since that, and I haven't heard back. It ain't looking good. Maybe a year with a USPS contractor would get my foot in the door with USPS? Don't know.

I have over 30 years freight experience, dock and OTR, over 2 million safe miles. No FMLA, no history of disability, never been fired, no employment gaps. Still, no dice on the job market, except for the usual mass e-mailings from resume collectors, scam artists, and bottom feeders.

My experience:

I have applied at every LTL company I could think of (except Central Transport). I only heard back from R&L.

I phone interviewed with the R&L terminal manager. He told me I had the job. A couple of days later, HR said "No."

CR England (not LTL but offering home daily jobs) called me and left a message. I called back. The recruiter asked me if I was Yellow. I said, "Yes." He said, "We don't have anything."

Applied at US Food, Sysco, and a large regional unionized beverage distributor. All of whom were aggressively advertising. Heard back from none of them. I'm 57 y/o.

Fedex offered me (via email) a sleeper team job. It may have been a computer-generated mass email. I didn't follow up on it. If a sleeper team paid a $1,000,000/yr., maybe I'd consider it. I'll do part time warehouse work before I do sleeper teams.

ABF ask for my social and then never called back. I assume they saw my home address. (The job is part time and 450 miles from where I live).

Interviewed with USPS. She left me under the impression that I had a job, even took fingerprints. But it's been three working days since that, and I haven't heard back. It ain't looking good. Maybe a year with a USPS contractor would get my foot in the door with USPS? Don't know.

I have over 30 years freight experience, dock and OTR, over 2 million safe miles. No FMLA, no history of disability, never been fired, no employment gaps. Still, no dice on the job market, except for the usual mass e-mailings from resume collectors, scam artists, and bottom feeders.
I'd suggest you follow up with a phone call to ABF H.R. department. Express your interest in coming on board with them. Perhaps it just takes a few days for them to get around to running a background and/or FICO on you. If you are certain those would come back without any major red-flags that phone call may be enough to set you apart from other applicants. IF the only thing currently available is PT and 450mi away (and you aren't willing/able to relocate) ask them to put you on a short list for anything that comes up within 50 (or whatever number works for you) miles from your home.

Hang in there with the post office brother.

I drove tractor trailer for them before I got hired where I am now. They are slow to hire people. I think it took me at least a month or two to get hired. And that was with me calling and emailing to check on the status of my application.

If you get on, the job is incredibly easy. It’s probably five hours worth of work in an eight hour day.

Look into driving a school bus for your local school district. See those jobs advertised all the time. May not be for everybody, but it gets you employed till you find something else you may like

My experience:

At 57, you may be a victim of age discrimination. No way to prove it though. Good luck sir.

My experience:

I feel bad for you, you are wearing the stain of being a Yellow Teamster. That is not fair...
We all know Yellow had some very bad employees as well as some very good employees.
Each needs to be taken at their own account....

I'm right behind him 56 yrs old with 34 yrs in the Union no takers yet...☹️
HR & Corp don’t realize guys like you come to work everyday & do the job. And you, most likely, will stay ~10 years, not looking, until you retire. Terminal’s problem the 28 year olds that can’t work hungover, or the kid is sick, or just don’t want to come in. JMO.