Yellow | Black balling yellow workers

Ok so that post was pointless.... got it...
It was pointless. You wanted a wage increase, more paid time off and better benefits in this contract. Why? Because you want more added to your bottom line at the expense of the company bottom line. Same book, different page.

It was pointless. You wanted a wage increase, more paid time off and better benefits in this contract. Why? Because you want more added to your bottom line at the expense of the company bottom line. Same book, different page.
So does management...still pointless...or are you clueless, you talk about it like a working man wanting more is terrible, but you the retiree are standing there with your hand out....to quote you "I'm not stupid, I'm taking what they give me"...and btw they gave it because they can afford to...did you send Preston a check every week for your "overpayment"?

So does management...still pointless...or are you clueless, you talk about it like a working man wanting more is terrible, but you the retiree are standing there with your hand out....to quote you "I'm not stupid, I'm taking what they give me"...and btw they gave it because they can afford to...did you send Preston a check every week for your "overpayment"?
No, and Yellow employees never returned, gave back, any money to the company. They were paid as their negotiated contract required.

A prime example of a corporate water boy talking here.....you don't think that the robotic arm was already on the way???? Companies always look for ways to save money, the guys on the back of the truck could have worked for minimum wage with no benefits and they would still be expendable.....
True, and if the teamsters were protecting those employees they'd be out of work like the 30,000 Yellow employees.
No one pays a corporation for job protection but 22,000 teamster members did pay the teamsters for job protection.
I suspect they should sue for their $$$ back..

On the money!!!!...And corporates favorite mouthpiece on this forum is almost 'giddy' with the prospect of someone losing their job to increase his shareholder value...

Here's the deal...One can't understand U.S. economics and it's form of corporate greed without understanding corporate law and how short term profit and loss on the quarterly reports is the driving force behind it..Corporate CEOs will do 'anything' necessary to show profit and this ''especially'' includes decreasing the cost of labor,through layoffs,cutting wages,destroying unions,offshoring,outsourcing,or automating jobs...And with corporations ''owning'' every bought and paid for politician,the proletariat doesn't stand a chance in the mix of cronyism and corruption between business and government...The end game will be Blade's ''wet dream''!!!!!....wage slavery and an Orwellian type state to ensure the champagne flows freely in the board rooms...
Greed is everywhere....
The teamsters were greedy and refused Yellow's request to defer payments to protect 30,000 jobs.
Union greed cost 30,000 jobs...

Here, I fixed it for Sean, he really hooked us up!

QP7HrkQ.png

For those in the Northwest, Peninsula Freight Lines is hiring. They’re a regional, Washington, Oregon and Idaho. Even though I am retired, I still get emails from them. Also try Fred Meyer

A prime example of a corporate water boy talking here.....you don't think that the robotic arm was already on the way???? Companies always look for ways to save money, the guys on the back of the truck could have worked for minimum wage with no benefits and they would still be expendable.....
absolutely right, because the OJIs were killing them in insurance costs alone. That was an industry that had to adapt.

You know what is wrong with your logic RB? Because at some point your clever wooing breaks down and you have to enforce it at the point of a bayonet to get compliance and a grudging workforce. THAT part you don't want to discuss.... You DO remember the child labor laws and sweatshops and mine labor problems, and the 1940s era trucking industry Jimmy Hoffa organized against, right? PLEASE stop waltzing that two-timing corporate slut in front of us and expecting us to envy your choice in women....

Last edited:
Blacklists are illegal! So is picking a vendor because of race, gender, or disability so your statement is stupid! Act like you went to at least kindergarten.
Yes, blacklisting is illegal. But blacklisting occurs when a former employer attempts to prevent a former employee from getting a new job after that employee has been discharged. What we're talking about here is a prospective non-union trucking company denying employment to a former Teamster. That's not blacklisting, that's a prospective employer being discriminant in choosing employees and maybe not so much against the law as you might think.

And when you need work done around the house, you always use the highest price vendor for the most insignificant tasks so you can pay the prevailing wages in your area, correct?
Otherwise you would be a greedy corporate water boy putting your interests ahead of society's
Why fix that dishwasher yourself when you can bring in a union contractor who may be paid $ 25 per hour?
Only greedy corporate elitists would deny a sustainable living to others...

You know what is wrong with your logic RB? Because at some point your clever wooing breaks down and you have to enforce it at the point of a bayonet to get compliance and a grudging workforce. THAT part you don't want to discuss.... You DO remember the child labor laws and sweatshops and mine labor problems, and the 1940s era trucking industry Jimmy Hoffa organized against, right? PLEASE stop waltzing that two-timing corporate slut in front of us and expecting us to envy your choice in women....
I also remember Jimmy Hoffa using drug kingpins (Santo Traiffencate) for illegal drugs & money laundering as well as murders (amongst his own thugs)
Yet I do not remember any two timing LTL carriers getting involved in those crimes????
Talk about having to use the point of a bayonet.....

And when you need work done around the house, you always use the highest price vendor for the most insignificant tasks so you can pay the prevailing wages in your area, correct?
Otherwise you would be a greedy corporate water boy putting your interests ahead of society's
Why fix that dishwasher yourself when you can bring in a union contractor who may be paid $ 25 per hour?
Only greedy corporate elitists would deny a sustainable living to others...
I didn't know I was a money making corporation.....the example RB gave was not well thought out...but I will say that when I buy cars, they are always American Union made...it costs me a bit more, but that's ok, I'm supporting unions....when I buy any product I will look to see where it's made and if it costs a bit more I still buy American....as far as the nonsense you just spewed about something i can fix myself, don't be a tool, I obviously am going to do it myself with my american made tools....

I didn't know I was a money making corporation.....the example RB gave was not well thought out...but I will say that when I buy cars, they are always American Union made...it costs me a bit more, but that's ok, I'm supporting unions....when I buy any product I will look to see where it's made and if it costs a bit more I still buy American....as far as the nonsense you just spewed about something i can fix myself, don't be a tool, I obviously am going to do it myself with my american made tools....
I may have come across some American made tools here on TB from time to time. :hide:

Me too! My Kia Sorento was built in West Point, Georgia.

Yes, blacklisting is illegal. But blacklisting occurs when a former employer attempts to prevent a former employee from getting a new job after that employee has been discharged. What we're talking about here is a prospective non-union trucking company denying employment to a former Teamster. That's not blacklisting, that's a prospective employer being discriminant in choosing employees and maybe not so much against the law as you might think.
What don't you understand about discrimination? Every employer discriminates and it's perfectly legal. Choosing one over another is always discrimination. I won't hire you because my nephew needs a job, that's legal discrimination. It happens all the time. I hired the other guy because you have facial tattoos and a nose ring, legal. Nobody is entitled to a job. The job belongs to the employer.

I also remember Jimmy Hoffa using drug kingpins (Santo Traiffencate) for illegal drugs & money laundering as well as murders (amongst his own thugs)
Yet I do not remember any two timing LTL carriers getting involved in those crimes????
Talk about having to use the point of a bayonet.....
I wasn't aware of this. Could you provide specifics on these allegations please. I would like to confirm it. Thank you for informing me. You do know what "goon squads" are, correct? They were thugs that trucking companies hired and used to break driver strikes by busting heads of picketing employees. Hoffa accepted the help offered by the mafia to get the muscle to battle the goon squads. That is the chronology of how that happened. You don't go to the mob, they come you with an offer you can't refuse. He made a deal with the devil. It was a mistake and it ultimately destroyed him. If employers treated their employees with dignity, we would not have reams of federal labor laws to constrain them. That is the evidence, like it or not. I understand your anger over Yellow. The difference between Yellow management and ABF management is ABF accepted their contractual obligations and proceeded with the commitment to operate profitably regardless, and so far they have been successful. Yellow never did intend to operate that way and wanted concessions into perpetuity to make up for their managerial inadequacies. That is just the reality of it...

What don't you understand about discrimination? Every employer discriminates and it's perfectly legal. Choosing one over another is always discrimination. I won't hire you because my nephew needs a job, that's legal discrimination. It happens all the time. I hired the other guy because you have facial tattoos and a nose ring, legal. Nobody is entitled to a job. The job belongs to the employer.
Maybe my post was unclear, because what I said is what you're saying. I just was less wordy about it. Point is, you and I are in agreement when it comes to employers discriminating. In fact I'll go one more and say that discrimination is a good thing for many reasons and many situations, but it's been a word that's become demonized when it comes to hiring people.

True, and if the teamsters were protecting those employees they'd be out of work like the 30,000 Yellow employees.
No one pays a corporation for job protection but 22,000 teamster members did pay the teamsters for job protection.
I suspect they should sue for their $$$ back..
And possibly for FAR more than that.