ODFL | BLU - ROI

inthegame

TB Regular
Credits
GqeuUgD.jpg

I realize this thread was posted earlier but could not find. Thought I would share a picture (that was taken by someone else) of the BLU. This is how well the newer trucks are performing.

Maybe for you flat landers. They suck out here in the Rocky Mountains. Rocky set with a slight breeze equals 45 min. on the clock. Dropping gears with mty's can't be good on fuel economy.
If you sit in the sweet spot of the rpm, you will notice a good fuel mileage. Want to know some keys????

If you sit in the sweet spot of the rpm, you will notice a good fuel mileage. Want to know some keys????

I think I'll just stick with my little red engine. It pulls better and I don't have to run in 7th to get up a hill. I don't like rolling at 25mph on a major hwy in the middle of the night. I've seen too many "truck-b-q's" from a driver running up the ass end of a slow mover. I got 9.2 pulling 16 & 11 going out and mty's coming home. I try to stay between 1200 & 1300 rpm. My Cummings would pull that load with a 8.4 or so and never drop a gear coming home. I think that's pretty good for a twin screw. My average is around 7, some days better, some days not. The wind out here is the big key. The Detroit's just quit on you. Cummings seem to power thru it. And the wind is always blowing in Wyoming.

I think I'll just stick with my little red engine. It pulls better and I don't have to run in 7th to get up a hill. I don't like rolling at 25mph on a major hwy in the middle of the night. I've seen too many "truck-b-q's" from a driver running up the ass end of a slow mover. I got 9.2 pulling 16 & 11 going out and mty's coming home. I try to stay between 1200 & 1300 rpm. My Cummings would pull that load with a 8.4 or so and never drop a gear coming home. I think that's pretty good for a twin screw. My average is around 7, some days better, some days not. The wind out here is the big key. The Detroit's just quit on you. Cummings seem to power thru it. And the wind is always blowing in Wyoming.
The wind is always blowing or sucking in Arizona......lol

You get any new trucks from Seattle Ump? They sent us some Wyoming specials.

I just run my run, do well, yet couple weeks ago showed 6.78 ROI another driver, shares truck, showed 6.34 for the week. Term manager got an e-mail. Think maybe a glitch?? He just made the obvious response back. Come on, really, pull your heads out of a computer screen, and think. Since highest either one of us has ever got was .01. before, and 2 weeks since. Didn't matter, still figured into our average. So, do you really think I care or even look, or pay attention anymore? Will still drive best I can for conditions, just that the ROI can be a farce. Drive 2 trucks identically, can show some strange numbers, seen it too many times. Heck, seen some tractors get straight Zero's, no matter who drives them.

Oh, the fuel mileage runs about 1 mile per gallon better in 15's vs 13's. Yet takes 15's take 15 to 20 minutes longer on run. Pull on windy days or hills kills 15's. When run is 10:20 to 10:30 with a 13, it can get close with 15. This doesn't count any adverse weather.

To keep the Detroit from quitting, step on the accelerator as you start up the hill, that keeps it from lagging before starting to pull.

You get any new trucks from Seattle Ump? They sent us some Wyoming specials.

Wyoming takes our twins all the time. Every time they wreck one the think they can just come grab one from us. For some reason KCY and SLC never have to give their twins up.

Oh, the fuel mileage runs about 1 mile per gallon better in 15's vs 13's. Yet takes 15's take 15 to 20 minutes longer on run. Pull on windy days or hills kills 15's. When run is 10:20 to 10:30 with a 13, it can get close with 15. This doesn't count any adverse weather.

That is pretty much right on... The 16's are even worse.

To keep the Detroit from quitting, step on the accelerator as you start up the hill, that keeps it from lagging before starting to pull.

HA!! My foot is pushing thru the floor as soon as I head north on I-25. Really is no time to run the cruise in the new 16's. We gross about 90,000 with the rocky sets and the poor engine works the whole trip to WAM. My Cummings does better in the wind and takes about 30 min. off the trip. The 16's do get better millage but you feel like a sitting duck. Shouldn't have to drive with the four ways for 2/3 of your trip. lol.

Where are you ranked on the Company ROI ?
Just wondering......

No idea... All I look at is my ROI and MPG's. Those of us that have twin screws and run west have no chance against our own SC guys that go east with a single axel. So I don't really pay attention to my rank. My guess is the first number starts with a 3 if that helps.

Drove an 04 a couple nights a year ago. ROI read 3.+ for the 2 days, yet got 8+ mpg. 2 lane, with many towns. Oh, it's 1 of those trucks that would get 2 ROI if it never was started or left the yard for a coupe days. JUST kidding. Fuel was great, yet whoever drove it was constantly in the 3's. Reality is some trucks have glitches in the settings and readings.

Reactions: Ump
I really don't care about ROI. Funny how when it first started the managers talked about all the money it saved the company, then it changed to all the stuff it did for us when someone realized that bragging about more company profit wasn't getting the buy in they wanted. We get nothing more now than we did before ROI, only more criticism if we're not on top of the list. Our driver trainers have some of the worst ROI in the company and they are still driver trainers. If the people that should teach it don't care, neither do I.

I really don't care about ROI. Funny how when it first started the managers talked about all the money it saved the company, then it changed to all the stuff it did for us when someone realized that bragging about more company profit wasn't getting the buy in they wanted. We get nothing more now than we did before ROI, only more criticism if we're not on top of the list. Our driver trainers have some of the worst ROI in the company and they are still driver trainers. If the people that should teach it don't care, neither do I.
Sorry you really don't care, there maybe others that do. So when you prevent us from getting a good raise, because you don't care is when things might change.
I am a Trainer and keep my ROI at 0.0, no matter what truck I drive. How hard is it not to idle, not to go over rpm, not to over speed ?
Guess you might be asking my Company rank, under 100.

Sorry you really don't care, there maybe others that do. So when you prevent us from getting a good raise, because you don't care is when things might change.
I am a Trainer and keep my ROI at 0.0, no matter what truck I drive. How hard is it not to idle, not to go over rpm, not to over speed ?
Guess you might be asking my Company rank, under 100.
Relax, I won't hurt your raise. We got good raises before Blu, we will continue to get them.