ODFL | BLU - ROI

It's true, some guys idle the truck nonstop and run the rpms over on every shift and we did alright on our last raise.

Probably not just a concerned Driver Trainer, trying to share my knowledge that others have not been shown or shared.
Then just share it. Tell us how you drive, where you drive, weights you pull, grades you pull, city or line? What time do you go out? I'll listen to anyone that can help me do my job better, but you come off as a know it all. I don't care what your ROI is. If you run the same roads and hills I do and can help me, I'm all for it, But if the biggest hill you pull is getting out of a dock, you can keep your opinions of my ROI to yourself. No offence meant but my MPG and ROI are great going thru Kansas, little worse going to Wamsutter or Grand Junction.

How many Drivers does ODFL have ?
Then just share it. Tell us how you drive, where you drive, weights you pull, grades you pull, city or line? What time do you go out? I'll listen to anyone that can help me do my job better, but you come off as a know it all. I don't care what your ROI is. If you run the same roads and hills I do and can help me, I'm all for it, But if the biggest hill you pull is getting out of a dock, you can keep your opinions of my ROI to yourself. No offence meant but my MPG and ROI are great going thru Kansas, little worse going to Wamsutter or Grand Junction.
Here are your answers to your questions.
I drive LINEHAUL at night to early morning, from AZ-Tx also AZ-Ca, gross about 77k (doubles)
I am not a know it all. I used to teach at a Certified school (both classroom and road). I am well versed in the trucking industry. If you have a question throw it out there, I may know the answer or know where to go to get the correct answer.
MPG has nothing to do with ROI. ROI is RPM,OVERSPEED,IDLE. (look at other posts that I am in and you can see how to check what and how you are doing.

I drive LINEHAUL at night to early morning, from AZ-Tx also AZ-Ca, gross about 77k (doubles)
I am not a know it all. I used to teach at a Certified school (both classroom and road). I am well versed in the trucking industry. If you have a question throw it out there, I may know the answer or know where to go to get the correct answer.
MPG has nothing to do with ROI. ROI is RPM,OVERSPEED,IDLE. (look at other posts that I am in and you can see how to check what and how you are doing.

I am very glad you are experienced and well qualified. We need as many drivers like that as possible, not steering wheel holders. That being said, the only reason OD tracks all those things in ROI is for fuel economy.

Said you come off as a know it all. You might be and probably are a nice guy. Driving conditions dictate to me how I drive. My weight, road conditions all play a part in the way I drive my trip. Some nights are easy some I really have to work to stay in the parameters OD has set. Pulling a loaded Rocky set grossing 90,000 to 100,000 is different then a pup set grossing 70,000. Doing that for 562 miles, I'm gonna go over RPM every now and then. In my 3 years at OD I've been talked to once about my ROI. I may not be in the top 100 but I'm not last either.

I'm not sure the exact number but I think OD has around 8,000 plus drivers total. There's a possible margin of error in my calculations ranging from 1 to 8000 plus.

I work P&D. I have a regular route but it only runs on mon, wed and fri. So on Tuesday and Thursday I run whatever they need me to run. I also cover any other route as needed. I too am a trainer and the shield man ;)

Just remember to have a pre, enroute, and post trip inspection,before log out. If not, can get a violation. then do all 3 in next phase of driving. Yes, it's ignorant, yet I got banged last year for that. Got to have all 3 every time logged in, even same tractor. I, write on bottom of my violation reason, for my file copy. Heck, got a violation for no trip, or post trip after drunk, crossed center line, put me in ER and totaled tractor 4 years ago. Yep, gotta love it..

Reactions: Ump
Sorry we still drive 07-12s, with lots of miles. Just got rid of a 09 with well over 1million.
I only get a 16 when mine is in the shop. Don't care for the new ones. the two pluses are the Blu and they are quite. My 13 is a good tractor, just got some new shoes on her for the winter. Only 620000 on her, hope I can keep her on my new bid.