Yellow | Boneyard Time

Lumpedup

TB Lurker
Credits
I realize the Yellow forum is basically the only active one on truckingboards but maybe it’s time for the boneyard. I think I’ve had enough of economic forensics class being taught here by overly qualified steering wheel holders. I don’t think im alone in this either. Let’s say goodbye to yellow and goodbye to the Teamsters influence in LTL trucking. Time to move on……….

For the sake of LTL drivers, unionized or not, they rely on the benchmark Teamster wages and benefits provide. EVERYONE better hope your request is ignored. :duh: :grouphug:
That's one of those stories that should begin with, once upon a time or as drivers would say, you ain't gonna believe this s**t.
Teamsters LTL is barely a footnote in the trucking industry. FedEx Freight has 34,000 employees. ABF and TForce combined have half that number and FedEx Freight is only one company.

Last edited:
If there is no Unions, Trucking will turn into one of the worse Jobs a Human Being can have. If no one is there to keep Greedy employers in check, Things will get bad real fast. To the Non- Union Workers in trucking You have been riding the Coat Tails of unions for Years. When the Unions are gone You are all Screwed
Union is gone from LTL trucking. One left and they aren’t hiring. Good luck organizing after what obrien did to yellow’s members

If there is no Unions, Trucking will turn into one of the worse Jobs a Human Being can have. If no one is there to keep Greedy employers in check, Things will get bad real fast. To the Non- Union Workers in trucking You have been riding the Coat Tails of unions for Years. When the Unions are gone You are all Screwed
Nonsense, if what you propose were actually the case, your doomsday scenario would have happened right after the deregulation. There were only about 35,000 teamsters in LTL up until a few weeks ago, they weren’t a force to be reckoned with.

I realize the Yellow forum is basically the only active one on truckingboards but maybe it’s time for the boneyard. I think I’ve had enough of economic forensics class being taught here by overly qualified steering wheel holders. I don’t think im alone in this either. Let’s say goodbye to yellow and goodbye to the Teamsters influence in LTL trucking. Time to My

Nonsense, if what you propose were actually the case, your doomsday scenario would have happened right after the deregulation. There were only about 35,000 teamsters in LTL up until a few weeks ago, they weren’t a force to be reckoned with.
My first comment on anything on here. But you can go **** Off. All you are is a troll.

For the sake of LTL drivers, unionized or not, they rely on the benchmark Teamster wages and benefits provide. EVERYONE better hope your request is ignored. :duh: :grouphug:
Not really, it was proven recently that the market sets wages in LTL.
In 2021 when drivers were tight wages went up far beyond what teamster carriers were paying
There is no more influence of the teamsters in the industry, unless you have a desire to lose your job.

Its been happening for about 20 years....give backs and such because the non union companies don't enjoy the same benefits.....up until 2009 when Yellow had the start of the problems, we all made the same basic wage but the union companies had superior (see pension and no cost health insurance) benefits...now Yellow was easily 6 or 7 dollars behind and even ABF with the big raise is a couple behind....it will get worse till there are no union LTLs....look at what happened to truckload with there still low pay and hours of sitting and not getting paid....and no overtime....that's even true with some non union LTLs....

Its been happening for about 20 years....give backs and such because the non union companies don't enjoy the same benefits.....up until 2009 when Yellow had the start of the problems, we all made the same basic wage but the union companies had superior benefits...now Yellow was easily 6 or 7 dollars behind and even ABF with the big raise is a couple behind....it will get worse till there are no union LTLs....look at what happened to truckload with there still low pay and hours of sitting and not getting paid....and no overtime....that's even true with some non union LTLs....
Disagree, LTL is much more complex and the barriers to entry are extremely difficult
Most good non union LTL carriers are managed by good solid businessmen/women.
They understand the market and what employees need to sustain themselves as well as their business
The non union carriers have modernized without having to have a clown like SOB to stop them from doing so.
teamster LTL carriers can only survive when every single carriers is equal or they fail.

Disagree, LTL is much more complex and the barriers to entry are extremely difficult
I agree with that part, and that is why is has taken forty years to tear unions out of LTL, can't be done overnight because it is complex....CF going out and Zollars buying up nearly everyone else was the beginning of the end....you like to say it is all the Teamsters fault, but they had a lot of help between Zollars and CF management.....

Not really, it was proven recently that the market sets wages in LTL.
In 2021 when drivers were tight wages went up far beyond what teamster carriers were paying
There is no more influence of the teamsters in the industry, unless you have a desire to lose your job.
Market's ass, Where were the markets back in the 1950s when we were worked like rented mules?
I've seen a man who worked 12 hrs on the dock, he went home only to be called back 1 hr later to come back and work a late arriving trailer.
He is worked for 30 minutes and sent home.
You guessed it he is only paid for 30 minutes, that is not hearsay, I saw it happen.
If you think the Teamsters have nothing to do with trucking salaries and benefits today, you're living in la la land.

Union is gone from LTL trucking. One left and they aren’t hiring. Good luck organizing after what obrien did to yellow’s members
Really??? Have you actually pulled up the ABF website 🤔 I have and have been several days in a row and they are adding jobs every day. So spread your joy somewhere else. Is it perfect no but ABF and Tforce will survive and actually grow