Yellow | Boneyard Time

One of my nephews has his own law firm, he does quire well. The attorneys who work for him make more than truck drivers but they are among the best. My grandson has recently graduated college & plans to also attend law school. He will have to take out a loan. I payed his college tuition but I don't have the $200K to spare for his law degree. If he scores high enough on the qualifying test he will have some help with expenses.
Many cases lawyers take on don't pay unless they win & that depends on the amount of the settlement.
The qualifying test is called the LSAT. Law School Admission Test. I studied for over a year and scored high enough to get accepted at Georgia State University Law Shool and Mercer University Law Shool. Since you have family who owns a law firm you can gather your own information but I'm happy I didn't attend law school. I also took the GMAT and did earn an MBA. My personal experience is that I was better off as a union truck driver than I would ever have been as an attorney. I hope your grandson success in what ever profession he chooses.

No one needs a lawyer till they need one. Just saying. :idunno:
That is so true. But when is the last time you personally needed a Lawyer? And if you had to guess, how much have you spent over your lifetime on lawyers? I think the last time I paid a lawyer was 1996 when I purchased my farm. And over my 59 year life I have maybe spent $5,000 on attorney fees. And probably not that much.

One of my nephews has his own law firm, he does quire well. The attorneys who work for him make more than truck drivers but they are among the best. My grandson has recently graduated college & plans to also attend law school. He will have to take out a loan. I payed his college tuition but I don't have the $200K to spare for his law degree. If he scores high enough on the qualifying test he will have some help with expenses.
Many cases lawyers take on don't pay unless they win & that depends on the amount of the settlement.
My grandson also is going to law school, Mama told him if we have a good year with our squirrel gravy we may send him a dollar or two.
I have a few lawyer friends who make more than truck drivers.
The real estate lawyers down here never get caught up with work.

If you don't believe this, try being the executor of your aunt's will!
There are many lawyers who specialize in areas other than criminal defense or the ambulance chasing lawyers that put targets on commercial vehicles. Many places are 'overlawyered', where you can't throw a rock without hitting one. To have our freedom every citizen must have the right & access to legal representation. Without that we are subjects, not free citizens.
One of my classmates has a son who was an attorney but is now a circuit judge. He did some legal work when he was a young attorney for me on an estate of which I was executor & also helped me some on mineral rights on my farm property.

Are you kidding me? A secret ballot, people voted any way they wanted. Do you vote the way someone tells you to? I'm sorry for you if you do.
Yes it was secret and people voted how they wanted… but when they rejected the wage cut they were told to vote again.
Are you kidding me? A secret ballot, people voted any way they wanted. Do you vote the way someone tells you to? I'm sorry for you if you do.
Sure they voted they way they wanted and it was a secret ballot… but it was just the illusion of choice…when they were told to vote again. 🙄

Yes it was secret and people voted how they wanted… but when they rejected the wage cut they were told to vote again.

Sure they voted they way they wanted and it was a secret ballot… but it was just the illusion of choice…when they were told to vote again. 🙄

Yes sir... that's exactly what it was... the illusion of choice...

August 14, 2009: New Penn Teamsters will be soon be re-voting on YRC concessions, after YRCW management and the Hoffa administration agreed upon a plan to threaten their jobs.

The threat is a proposed change of operations to dissolve New Penn into YRC’s long haul operations; this would essentially end New Penn, as the operations could not be blended and retain the short-haul freight. Under this threat, most New Penn locals, from Philadelphia to Buffalo to Springfield, Mass., are holding meetings this weekend, so Hoffa can claim the members themselves want a chance to “vote till you get it right.”

Hoffa has given the green light to YRC CEO Bill Zollars’ threat to kill New Penn, to bring the members into line.
https://www.tdu.org/news/“vote-till-you-get-it-right”

The qualifying test is called the LSAT. Law School Admission Test. I studied for over a year and scored high enough to get accepted at Georgia State University Law Shool and Mercer University Law Shool. Since you have family who owns a law firm you can gather your own information but I'm happy I didn't attend law school. I also took the GMAT and did earn an MBA. My personal experience is that I was better off as a union truck driver than I would ever have been as an attorney. I hope your grandson success in what ever profession he chooses.
I worked with several with college degrees. At least two were teachers in public schools, both were tired of not being able to just teach students which is why they decided on degrees in education. Both said the lack of discipline made teaching difficult. The Teamster job had better pay & benefits. Public school teachers in this state have no medical benefits paid by the state. Our new governor was successful in getting legislation passed in the last session that gave a much better starting salary for teachers.
There is a misconception that all attorneys are wealthy. Many start off earning relatively low pay considering the cost of getting their law degree. You made the correct decision to pursue a career that you enjoyed.